Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Gay Rights?
Why does everyone say that gays don't have the right to marry they have just as many rights as I do ( I am not gay ). I can't just go out and marry some guy I am restricted to women ( I am ...

Should teachers be allowed to carry guns?

Is the world Too Politically Correct these days??
Is it me or has the world gone P.C mad??! I mean i have just read that the government are planning to make stricter laws for using a mobile phone whilst driving. I am all for road safety but do we ...

Should Sharia law be accepted in?
Britain

http://www.telegraph.co.
'Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers, ...

Can i sue my parents?
My mother is ok and she gives me what i need,but what about my step father? can i sue him? every day he ignores me( exept when hes angry at me for something realy small) he always treats me like an ...

Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman: What do you think happened?
I have serious doubts that OJ committed the murders. Also if anyone has any credible sites concerning the case please provide links.
Additional Details
I think the investigation was ...

Is it illegal for a trucker to...?
put a sign in his window that says, "Show me your hooters" and honk me? I am really tired of seeing things like this driving down the road.
Who can i call to complain about this?...

No raise.....:(????
My boss is rediculous...

Im a "administrative assistant" for an industrial real estate company and I've been here for a year and 4 months now. Im so so so sooooo mad becuase ...

Is this country going soft?
Does anyone get fed up with political correctness gone stupid, health and safety. Compensation for stupid people who cant accept responsibilty for themselves. Funding and rehabilitation for people ...

Are you for or against the death penalty?
Should the death penalty be reintroduced in australia?...

Should we give life sentence prisoner a chance?
After serving their time whether it be 10 or 20 years don't some of them deserve a chance after all they are not all the same are they ?...

Can I sue a conveniant store if the cashier stole and used my debit card?
Last week I went to the conveniant store and bought a few things. I carelessly left my debit card behind (stupid me). The cashier then made a weak attempt to notify me and then put the card under ...

DO YOU BELIEVE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT WOULD TRULY DETER CRIME?
I am doing this for a mid term paper in one of my classes and would like to see others opinions of this ...

Is this Rape?
I was drunk and underage.
I have no idea if i said yes but i am sure i said no this is a bad idea.
he did it anyways

a few times
the next day
i regretted the entire ...

How do you feel about the Massachusetts law that will send parents to jail for spanking their child?
I think this is a pretty controversial piece of legislation! Good discussion topic, I just want to know what you think. I live in California, and it's getting to be a pretty big deal over here. A...

If a company messes up your wages and gives you too much can they demand it back in full on next paycheck?
Over the past 6 weeks, over $100 has been deposited into my friend's bank account that didn't belong to him. My friend didn't even catch it until they told him today. My friend said he ...

Is anyone here antiabortion but pro death penalty?
Just wondering. Could you please state what country you're from and maybe a little bit about yourself. Thank you.
Additional Details
I'm pro choice, anti death penalty by the ...

Why do cops hate on us?
cops always try to punk me with words and fist's? Just to find out that they are the ones getting punked? but why do they keep going on after they know im right?...

Do other people in paris hilton's situation get 45 dyas in jail?
trust me, i dislike her as much as you do probably, but i keep hearing that she is getting more jail time than other people. i just want to know if anyone knows if this is true....

Drunk and humped= sexual assualt?
Alright, so I was drunk and nearly passed out at a small hang out and I was laying on the floor. This one guy is a massage therapist and insisted on massaging my neck, so I let him (yeah stupid I ...

vecergirl
Is it against the law to park in front of someone else's house on a public street?
I have an apartment, but I'm being forced to park down the street, because the people are telling me not to park in front of their houses. I don't have to listen to them, do I?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Najam
rent a place for parking your car. parking car in-front of some house is not good

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

WILSON
Rating
Nope. If you are parking in front of their driveway or (7?) feet on either side of the driveway, then it is against the law.

?
Rating
Actually you don't have to listen however..it may be worth it to avoid the confrontation. I would suggest you call your city dept and check just to make sure that your street is not a private way. If it is not then you have the right to park anywhere on your street so long as you are far enough away from the corner and not blocking anyones driveway!

Thats It I'm Done
Rating
Not in california, unless they block your driveway.

tomurphy4321
Rating
It depends... not all roads are public, i.e. in subdivisions. There may be community codes also that makes it illegal. There may be a public road with restriction because the city, county or state didn't buy the land but bought an easement to the land. Check your municipal codes and see if it is a public road with no restrictions.

MagikButterfly
no, it is public property and they have no right. Ask the apt. people where you are suppose to park too!

huggybee
Rating
Sidewalks and streets are considered public spaces which belong to the government. Unless you are blocking a driveway, they have no right to tell you to move.

MaryJaneD
Rating
I got in this fight w/someone before because I parked a car in front of their house while my mother was having a garage sale. They came and told me to move the car because that was their dad's parking space.
So tell the ppl what I told them...
It is a PUBLIC street...I am part of the general PUBLIC as well as you dear sir, so I PUBILCALLY (yeah I made it up) have a right to park there as well as ANYONE. SO if it really bothers you and you think that I am doing something illegal let us call the local police and have them come and settle this. Which of course they won't because they know they are in the wrong. The guy walked away cussing me out but my point was proved. BUT if your neighbors do call the police don't worry the cop will tell them there is nothing he can do it's a public street...therefor proving YOUR POINT!!!
Bottom line it's in front of their house and they don't want to see your car sitting in front of their house BUT no one told them to buy a house beside an apartment building. So there!!

newyorkgal71
Rating
We had a similar problem where I lived. We had to tell people to "move their car."

Fortunately our neighborhood has a long-standing "Community Guidelines" that prohibit "non-residents" from parking in front of private residences.

If the neighborhood is primarily residential do NOT park in front of a private house.

logan
Rating
i think it is . the owner of the house can call the police and have that cat be towed out of there. and you cannot park in the entrance. if they dont want your car there they have the right to tell you to move your car..

RHD100
It all depends on certain cities & their ordinances. As long as you do not park right in front of other people's driveways, you should not have a problem.

ed_buchmann
Look at the signs.
If you are not parked in front of their garage entrance and there is no sign saying it is a private street, no parking, residents only, you can park.

Victor ious
If you have an apartment - you are paying for a parking space just like anyone else. Park in the one in front of your apartment or closest to it. If someone else has your space, park in the one closest to your apartment.

If anyone gets antsy with you just tell them you live in the apartments and when someone takes your spot you are darn well going to park where you have to. Its not always easy to hunt down where the owner of the car is that has your place.

if they make a big issue of it, tell the manager. No one can stop you from using the parking spaces at the same apartment complex you live in. No one. Its just that simple.

caciansf
Rating
I would not think it is against the law just as long it is parked LEGAL. The homeowner does not have title to the street. When they show you the deed to the street then do not park there.

I have heard that some communities will not allow you to have your car in the street past a certian hour.

gotommy
Rating
I don,t believe it is unless there is a ordinance, or signs posted. You should not park in front of any ones property for an extended length of time. However I believe there is on the books some place that apartments have to have at least one designated parking space for each apartment.

ace
Rating
no, if its a public street,you can park there,however,you probly dont want to start trouble or they could contact the owner of your apt. to complain

- Horse & Orlando Bloom Lover -
Rating
I don't think so. Unless they have a no parking sign... ?

Dave G
Rating
If these people are paying rent for their space yes you shouldn't park in their space. As far as I can remember the street is public domain and you can park first come first serve and people have no right to tell you where to park

stacey24bluegirl
The street is public property. Unless there are no parking signs posted by the city your neighboors are just being jerks! Park where you wanna!

Eric
Rating
Not unless there is a sign posted that says so, or if it's a private street. Otherwise anyone can park there, no matter where they live.

justmedrt
No the street is PUBLIC property and as long as you aren't blocking the driveway or mailbox etc...you are OK...you pay taxes...is just as much your street as theirs! Good Luck!

bangaloresizzler
it's illegal only if you're blocking direct access to their drive-way, or even the door-way.

trust me, you can park there if you want...

bbqsunflowerseeds
Rating
not unless there are specific restrictions against it, in the neighborhood across from my old high school went to the city council and made it so no students could park there unless they had a special neighborhood permit given to residents of that neighborhood, but otherwise, i think you can park where ever you want in neighborhoods

Druid
Rating
>Only if there is a "No Parking" sign that applies to that part of the street or if you are parked blocking the driveway.<

Faerie loue
It's anybody's race! To the winner go the spoils. Park that car! And thumb your nose at them, it's a PUBLIC STREET, the only thing you need to adhere to is the city ordinance signs which are posted.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, April 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy