Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Is It Illegal to take A picture of someone in the Mall without their permission?
I know that taking a picture of someone in a public place is not illegal, but in the mall is it okay? Is the mall a public place too where u can take pictures of anyone u want? And I u take a picture ...

Should I sue Maybeline?
I got mascara in my eye this morning?????...

Is it illegal to open my 13yr old's post/mail?

Why are African-Americans called African-Americans?
Not all African Americans are American or from Africa (could be from Hati, jamaica ect.), so why call them African American?...

Do you think that if the people of New Orleans was of another race help would have came sooner?

What is your view on the smoking ban?
i am a smoker.
i want to know your views but please state if you are a smoker or not.
Additional Details
Good answer linkadoos38...

Should white men be punished for what they've done in the past?
As in, should white men be stripped of some rights and some privledges, and recieve less support from the government because of things they've done in the past, such as slavery, racism, and ...

My daughter forged my signature on 3 checks. If I don’t press charges then what should I do?
Okay, I thank you all for answering my previous question. But now I don’t know what to do. I tried to approach my daughter telling her to return what is left from the money and to return things to ...

I have just turned 16, i was wondering what rights do i have now and what can i do which i couldn't whilst 15.

What should I do?
I bought an item online but cancelled it before dispatch and this was confirmed.
Now I see on my bank statement that I've been charged for the item. I've e-mailed them stating I want ...

Should women be Charged/Jailed for Breastfeeding their child too long? Especially this Mother

Breastfeeding at 8 is Child abuse?
If you don't believe me? http://www.youtube.com/w
If my mother did this 2 me or I remembered being breastfed, I would ...

Is it legal to poop in the middle of the road?
seriously I know a person that ran over human poop and it messed up his tires and he called the cops and they didn't do any think________
______________________________________...
_____...

Is It Wrong To Question Authority?
Like teachers,bosses,cops, or even government?...

Did this man have a legitimate lawsuit?
In the largely gay New York City neighborhood called Chelsea, a straight man joined a gym with a largely gay clientele.

He alleged that, almost as soon as he began using the gym, men made ...

Hi, I need help. My mum died and left me her house 9 months ago.?
My daughter was living with my mum for about 2-3 years. I need to rent my mums house out as I do not have an income at the moment. My daughter does not pay towards any bills for my mums house and she ...

Can cops bust you for growing catnip on your property?
Considering the stuff makes your kitties appear 'stoned' and all--?

One wonders if you have to be licensed and/or have a permit for the stuff. :0)...

Should prostution be legal?
what do you think?...

What to do if son got put in jail how do i get him out?
was caught stealing with another kid hes 17 other kid was 14 they put him in jail first time for this officer said would be 750.00 to bond him out

Can us brits claim the usa back?
if we claim it back as a british outpost ,we might do a better job than the yanks are doing ,can we do this under intrnational ...

How many of you honestly wear your seatbelts?

ghost
If you found a briefcase full of money...and no name on it?
Would you take it to the police station?

Would you keep it?

Show all answers
Post your answer

A.Mercer
Rating
Take it to the police. There was a story in the news just the other day about a person who was arrested for not taking found money to the police. It is considered stealing to keep it without getting the police involved.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

William C
It's sitting in my closet right away.

ccweb01
What a sad state of our countrys morals this is. I would hand it over to the police. Typically, if they are unable to locate the owner (and verify) the money will be yours. At least, when your time on this planet is done, you can say you did the right thing.

cgv4413
Rating
I would definately take the briefcase to the police station. Just the briefcase.

Scott H
Rating
If I found a million bucks in a breifcase I would keep it on the theory anyone carrying around a million bucks in cash can afford to lose it! Now if I read the next day a million dollars was lost while being transferred to Jude Memorial Childrens Hospital of something similar I would have to reconsider and give it back.

ariel
HELLLL NOOOOOOOOO! 4GET EM.... NOT MY FAULT THEY WAS BEING IRRIRESPONSIBLE.... ITS MINE..... AND I'LL SHOOT N.E BODY TRYNA GET IN THA WAY OF MY MONEY AND ME LOL ...( NAH IM PLAYN SORT OF) LOL

BonesofaTeacher
where did i find it? can i try to identify the proper owners? i might not just take it to the police because i don't trust them. I definitely would not spend it, but I might hold on to it and see if I could find out whose it was. Maybe someone will report it lost? I would return it to the owners (unless i thought they were using it for drugs or something) but I'm not sure if I would give it to the police, since they are only human and might decide to keep it.
After about 10 years i would probably give it to charity. I might spend part of the money to hire a private investigator to try to determine whose it was.

pyropossumkitty
Rating
I'd keep it, as long as it wasn't an obvious bank robbery, like consecutive serial numbers, or, like the other guy, if it wasn't where there were likely to be surveillance cameras around.

Brenda S
Rating
I would keep it and see if anything came up on the news or in the paper...Then after a month or so I would donate half to
a charity and the rest would be mine all mine...
Then again How much case is in the case...
thinking more about this I am concerned that I would have guilt for keeping the money....I will turn it in...Damn Guilt....

kwflamingo
I would either take it to the police - if it is unclaimed within a certain # of days you can keep it (I think) - depending on where you live OR I would put an ad in the local paper saying where it was found and let them describe the briefcase to you to verify ownership. I'm sure they realize they lost whatever amount of money is in there. Or, I could just hand them the empty briefcase and keep the cash. That's a decision between me and my conscience.

zur2122
Rating
I would take half and then take the rest to the police station and say thats how I found it!

Just me.
I don't know if its real money or fake .

fairly smart
Rating
Wel, my subconcious would curse me a blue streak, but my karma would reward me. I would be the jerk turning it over to the police...

Alleshiea
I would take a little, enough so you couldn't tell much was missing... And then take it to the police...

But I don't know, maybe I wouldn't take any at all, I would have to be in the situation...

I say I would at least pocket a good $1000, if it was completely full, no one would miss it...

krista b
Rating
half to the police and half to keep. especially if u r having financial problems=(

good luck on being rich =)

rickinnocal
The world today is full of surveillance cameras. Can you be sure that the owner isn't going to remember where he left it, come back and find it gone, and then get, for example, the 7-11 across the street to check their prking lot cameras?

Really want to take the chance on going to prison over it?

Richard

Look Out
So you're the one!!!

That was ransom money I left to ransom my pet Springer Spaniel.!!

I left it on the park bench at 43rd and Pico Blvd

I want my dog so give me back my money!!!

The Game
Rating
Use half of it and keep the other half in the bank where i got money in the bank

the girl next door
Hell yeah! I would keep it!

P@r@dise
Rating
Talk about a tough decision!! I'm just illegit enough to be tempted to keep it, BUT my concious would bugged forever.
IF the numbers weren't in sequence
and
IF there were no witnesses or surveilance
and
IF no reports of missing money were reported

I say
FINDERS KEEPERS, LOSERS WEEPERS!!

Yeah, I'd keep it ;o)

h4mza_786
Rating
I'll Keep It Haha

irish_matt
Rating
take to the police it may be being wathced by drug dealers not ether way you die but this way you death may be investigated

BJ
I would do what the law says I must; turn it into the police department.

If, after 30 days (varies from place to place), the money is not claimed, then they would return it to me.

It is the right thing to do. Taking the money is stealing.

*Skylar*
Rating
Keep it. Sorry it's a harsh world & I am a single mom.
No name, no way to track it. I would keep it

honey
Rating
I would take it to your house and let you decide. That way
I would be the one in trouble. Maybe we would have to hide on a mountain top so we wouldn't get caught. Love, honey

Sex&Candy
Rating
It depends on where I "found it".
I would probably keep it.

Gretel's Bread Crumbs
take it to a police station. "finders keepers" doesn't apply in my life.

Mr.GooDWReNCH
Rating
id prolly keep it, put it away for a few years in case the bills were bein traced. then strategically and gradually put em back into circulation

nite_angelica
No way to identify it at all? I'd keep it. I'd hold onto it and see if I heard anything about it and if I found the owner I'd give it back.

I'm sure it would never get back to the owner from the police station.

god knows and sees else Yahoo
Rating
If you take half and then take the rest to the police station and say thats how I found it the MAFIA will kill you and your family, then revive you and kill you again-dont be stupid.

if you take it to the police it will disappear
if you put an ad in the paper everyone will claim its theirs

Aaron C
Rating
I would definitely keep it.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, December 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy