Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Who makes the federal laws in the united states?

Is this money laundering?
A man from Australia posted an ad on CraigsList that my bf responded to. There are a few details that I am "clouded on" and it doesn't seem legit, but my boyfriend "seems to ...

Shoplifting consequences?
my brother got caught for shoplifting, with over $700 worth of stuff. he's still a juvenile, and has to go to juvenile court sometime soon. im wondering what are the consequences? is it possible ...

Does anyone know where I can get a will made cheaply?

Should my landlord have told me that man commited suicide?
I recently rented a flat off a housing association and i have been there for a few months now, well i have just found out that the previous tenant was a drug addict and killed himself by lying down ...

How might a Judge respond to a Notice where the Defendant has admitted guilt during his arrest?
This documented confession is read by the Prosecutor during arraignment....

Notarized or attested?
Having your diploma notarized and having your diploma attested means the same or not?Please explain it cause I really don't get that....

A person has been posting things on the internet and implying they are from me?
I am wondering how to deal with this. I am not really interested in the site but I do want to know who wrote the comments....

What can a person do if they are wrongfully accused of a crime 12 years ago?
Somehow I was found guilty of stealing $5 in gas from a gas station in my town. A girl who worked there claimed I pumped it. (this was prior to prepay) My only mistake was that I parked by a gas pump ...

Isn't it a violation of the Geneva Conventions many say are applicable to enemy combatants . . .?
to publish photos of them, as the Obama administration is reportedly going to do?
Additional Details
I am aware that the Geneva Conventions don't apply to enemy combatants. I ...

Confused about the wording of NYS law? What does injured mean in this case?
My parents were driving down the street this morning when a dog ran into the side of the car. They stopped and saw the dog run full speed away back to the house. (This dog is loose a lot.) They tried ...

Abortion laws, a question of women's rights?
okay so I posted a Question about pro-life and pro-choice. I am not religious nut or what ever. I am agnostic as in frankly I don't care, that being said, some of the answers got me wondering, ...

We request everybody to use INDIAN products only for next two years. It will improve the nation ? its right? e?
We have nothing against Multinational companies, but to protect our own interests we request everybody to use INDIAN products only for next two years. It will improve the nation ? its right? ...

What is my notary supposed to say??
The guy at the bank said I needed to check with my local notary office and find out what the guidlines are and how it's supposed to read? if you know please tell me.... What I am needing is to ...

I want to make a fight club? any ideas?
like mma, muay thai, judo boxing etc.. club/organisation for people to train and/or fight (tournaments etc.) in a safer context.. a motivation is becos of teen violence in schools, in the street etc.....

Self defence for teens?
is there any self defence weapons teenagers can legally carry? i checked most things are illegal even for adults like switchblades, and you gotta be 18 to have pepperspray! its ridicoulous we hear ...

Can you serve a person not listed on the civil process by throwing it on the grown?

What if a person was approved FM LA then fired, is that legal?

Whos up for legalization of Marijuana? Can i get a 420?
420!!!!...

Why should marijuana be legalized?
Besides that it would bring a lot of money to the US, what other reasons do you think would be good for legalizing marijuana?
This is for my research paper, i would like to hear some good ideas!...

AllyCat40
If someone makes an allegation against you I think you have the right to know who. Why is this not so?
I've had a visit from a customer compliance officer saying that an complaint has been made against me, that I was claiming benefit whilst I was working - this is totally unfounded and untrue, but I am unable to find out who said this about me and I think if someone is accusing me of criminal activity I have the right to know who it is.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Jus Curious
Rating
"You have the right to face your accuser" or a representative of accuser.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

hjosie
Rating
People who report benefit fraud are treated in confidence, if they gave names of people who made the accusations, then the benefit fraud reporting system will not work, because no-one will report it. Likewise, they are not allowed to tell the informer on what the outcome of any investigation is. The complaint was proved to be a false lead, so you have nothing to worry about.

masseur
No. You can threaten him before he appears in court, though you can do that anyway during the trial, but he may have some sort of immunity and you will be punished double if you dare so.

Stig Bubblecard
Rating
So you want the name and address of the person so you can give them a kicking? Don't think so mate.

loszetas1
Rating
Take it up with your company, but they can do whatever it is they want to.

The only time you can face your accuser is in criminal court.

Anywhere else, you have to make due.

Laura C
Although a lot of people would agree that they should have a right to know who accused them of crimes which they did not commit it is actually against the law to reveal the name, this is because they believe that by revealing the name it puts that person under risk of harm. I'm not saying you are the type to go out and beat them, its the same rules for everyone.

So although its annoying its something we all have to put up with.

luvmyi
Rating
The world is full of haters. Accept it and be flattered that someone has you on thier mind so much. If it's bs then laugh it off. my mil used to call cps on me and have other brainless twits call too. As soon as i'd hear cps, i'd just laugh and say my mil must be bored again. it's an inconvenience but if you prove the allegations to be unfounded then f@@@ it.

HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS!

Melisa M
Rating
For benefit fraud people can make anonymous calls to social services. This is done so that the people who make the calls do not have to fear retribution.

Han
I think the benefits fraud reporting has to be set up so the complainer can remain anonymous, otherwise many people would be reluctant report the true benefit thieves.

Remember that as this complaint is completely untrue, whomever complained is going to have made themselves look very stupid, and it's doubtful they would be taken seriously if they tried it again.

Try and let it go - you've done nothing wrong and they are obviously a nutter.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy