Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Can I get paid if I want a divorce bcause my wife keeps putting me out?
My wife is crazy, jelous, and very insecure, I've had it up to here with her putting me out on my *** all of the time, and me not wanting to come back to an unhealthy situation.So I am prepared ...

When did it become illegal to protest the war?
My friend insist this is true... maybe it is... I'd just like to know for ...

Your opinion of marijuana?
Is it a gateway drug? Do you consider it healthy or dangerous? Compared to alcohol, better, worse, the same? Should it be legalized? Should people who use the drug be denied employment or put in jail?...

What are the consequences of driving 112 in a 65 mph zone?

I got caught shoplifting?
im 14 years old and stole 28 dollars worth of stuff.
it was 3 necklaces from amuse.
they told me i have to go to court december 5th
what will happen?
like what will the... ...

In your judgement, at what age should a person be able to get their license?
In your judgement, at what age should a person be able to get their license?

Anyone out there have some interesting experiences behind the wheel? I believe 18 is the proper age, by that ...

My boss constantly talks down to me in a condescending manner and is verbally abusive. What should I do?
I have complained to HR several times and he is talked to but falls back to his old habits; he told me to shut the f____ up and HR talked to me and admitted it was bad and "please try and work ...

How many times have you had jury duty?
I have been on jury duty 3 times already and I just got another questionaire... I know lots of people that have never had it.. and how do I get so lucky??? I may be going for a record!!...

What is your opinion on the death penalty?
I know this is something that everyone has there opinions about. But in your opinion do you think that people can be rehabilitated and do alot better for them selfs. Do you think they actually learn ...

Why is marijuana illegal?
if cigarettes are legal, why isn't marijuana? don't they have similar effects on the body (except for the whole getting high thing)? please give me some answers....

Something illegal?
Can you name something illegal a couple of teens might do that might attract the FBI,CIA,Secret Service? Its for a film
Additional Details
film ...

Lost Check Be Cashed?
Hello, I recently lost a check written out to me for $330. It was signed to my name and I did sign the back. Can someone besides myself cash this check if they find it? And how could they do that?...

Drugs? should they be illegal or legal?
I know many people who take drugs (usualy quite soft drugs), I myself don't even smoke tobacco, but I believe things would be better if recreational drugs were made legal and could be bought ...

How much time does a lawyer actually spend in the court room?
More specifically, how much time does a real estate/construction lawyer or a family lawyer spend in the court room? Thanks to everyone who answers!...

What rights to my childrens footballs if they go over neighbours fence he wont give them back?
if my sons balls go over his fence he keeps them in bin bags for ...

My friend has been remanded on an attempted murder charge, if found guilty, how long will he be sentenced to?
what are his chances of getting bail? scottish ...

An employer is trying to limit where you can work after employment.?
A former employer of mine is trying to make all his current employees sign a paper that says if they are fired or quit that they are no longer permitted to work in a tae kwon do school. The company ...

Which method of execution of the death penalty do you prefer and why?

Should an elderly get away with jumping the queue??
I was in a queue of 20 people, As I got close of getting on the bus, this elderly man jumping the queue and went on the bus while I was getting on the bus. If there was an elderly who was using ...

Does this mean im about to have a warrant for my arrest?
have written a bad check and got a letter today sayn that in 10 days the merchant may chose to pursue etheir criminal or civil action against me.... what does each onre of these mean and does it mean ...

micah
If im paying child support now,if i give up rights to my child would i still have to pay?

Show all answers
Post your answer

t79a
Not normally, though you may have to pay back support. They usually don't allow that any more though, without good cause.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Anon
I am guessing yes, because if you don't want to pay a lump sum when your child decides to sue you for it in the future you better start paying. That is if the child decides to sue, which I hope they do simply because people like you is the reason people choose abortion, because they don't want to pay for a child.

You can give up your child, but they are the one's to choose if they give up on you.

Patriot P
Rating
SHAME ON YOU!

That said, if that's your attitude, I'd say your child is better off without a parent who thinks of him/her only as a financial burden.

puresatin
that's a creative way of ditching your responsibility.

Grace M
Rating
Yes thats why there are so many dead beat dads..they think just because they give up their children they dont have to support them..And by the way..Dont be a dead beat dad How could you??? Do u not have a heart to give your kids a good life with their daddy?

taximomuv3
Nice...another irresponsible & selfish POS that doesn't care about anyone other than himself. People who wonder what's wrong with the world today - here's your answer!

tom s
its your kid,,,,,you pay,ITS MEN . SORRY BOYS LIKE YOU WHO GIVE US REAL MEN A BAD NAME

Uh huh, go on I'm listening
Rating
no, no more child support.
but you would have to pay any past owed/due child support balance. basically you have to be up to date then payments would cease.

not everyone does that though, but it most common and usually requested by the judge.

winnnywin
its people like yew there is child support out there.

madlibz
Sounds like you love money more than you do your child.

I suppose its seems like an easy way out but in fact it's not.

You would have to go to court and petition to give up your legal rights. Chances are you would not win. Now if both you and the other parent agree for you to give up this right you would not have to pay. This mostly happens if their is a new spouse and a REAL MAN (I'm assuming you are one) wants to step in and be responsible for this child.

You would be better off being financially responsible for this child but staying away from it. (As far as away as possible)

I'd wish you luck...but I don't wish luck to people like you!

Starla_C
Yes, you still have to pay. If the child is adopted by someone else, then your obligation would end.

wizjp
Rating
Probably. Up to your x and the court.

lil selena
Yes you would still have to pay but you just won't be able to see your child again. Here in Missouri if someone doesn't pay child support and they owe over $15,000 they can't get their driver license til they pay the past due amount.
I think it's a good idea. It isn't free to raise a child.

2 b 1 ask 1
Rating
its pretty damn sorry to put trying to get out of paying for your child u sick bastard u should lose the rights to see him or her but should have to stillpay

proudmum.2boys
Rating
ouch, there's someone who loves their children.

Tiphanie
I know someone in this situation now... you made the child you are still responsible for its welfare and upbringing

davidmi711
Unless you are giving up your rights to allow another person to adopt your children, it is highly unlikely the court will release you from your responsibility to support your children.

Additionally, being released from future responsibility does not absolve past support already owed.

correctcraft424
Yes you would.

lulusmiley2000
Rating
In general, it's very hard to "give up paternal rights." People seem to think if they say, "I don't want custody or visitation or any other rights so I shouldn't have to pay" then that solves everything. Sorry, it doesn't. In Virginia, it is near impossible to give up paternal rights. The only time I've seen it done in our local court (and I sit in on court cases...that's my job) is when the father was in a bad accident and was basically mentally retarded (not originally though). So go slam your head into the pavement a couple of times. It might be your only hope.

Mutt
Yup. You can voluntarily give up your rights (visitation, custody), but only the courts can remove your obligation (support).

Think of it this way: Why should the child be punished because you couldn't keep your pants zipped up? It doesn't take a man to make a child, but it does take a man to fulfill his obligations.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy