Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Death Penalty. For or against?
Are you for or against capital punishment? What are your reasons?...

Can a person be fired over this?
My sisters boyfriend was recently fired because apparently she was in the store too much. But when she is there she will buy cds and dvds. She even bought an expensive ipod there. She also goes there ...

Is this against the law ?? Help quick?
In school now in the booling hot weather (20) we are made to do our top buttons up and tuck our shirts in, whilst walking around the school indoors and whilst in lessons. Some teachers allow us to ...

Why are US jails and prisons getting away with treating prisoners as badly as they do?
I've been in prison and it's not a good place to be but what's the point in doing things like some places are doing in America.

I've heard that some places have ...

Some lotteries in London mailed me that i won prize , are these lotteries serious and trust?

Do you think all of our laws should be based on whats written in the bible?
I usually steer clear of asking or answering religious or political questions but this has been on my mind so here goes:

Why do some people rationalize everything with "because Jesus ...

Gun rights?????
what do yall think about the USA wanting to try and rewrite the constitution ?......and if they do who is willing to give up there guns freelly?...........

What are the reasons against the death penalty?
Hi, i am doing the research about death penalty. i want to know
What are the reasons against the death penalty?
Does NY have death penaly? ( cause i saw there's a website said NY have ...

Right to bear arms? Are we selfish about this topic?
We all know that we have a right to bear arms, and no one wants that right taken from them. So what about the gangbangers and the thugs on the street? If they bring the violence to your neighborhood ...

Forcing someone to have certain appearance illegal in job?
Okay, I'm not talking about if someone has religious reasonings for having long hair or dressing a certain way. But is it legal to make someone have shorter hair or dress professionally as a ...

Doesn't every job give their employees.....?
an employee handbook? My husband wants me to help file a grievence with his work, and I told him I wanted to know the privacy policies and things of that nature. But he presists there is no such ...

Is it legal to name your kid "Anonymous?

Was there ever a better case for the return of the death penalty?
In 1976, Stefan Kiszko was convicted of the murder of 11 year old Lesley Molseed. He spent 16 years in prison and died shortly after his release, released because of a miscarriage of justice. B...

Does anyone worry about the 350,000 children who have starved to death in the last 12 days?
There is also a large number of adults who have died of starvation as well in the same time period....

Should I ask for compensation?
I have been let down by Comet 3 times having ordered a cooker. Two delivery dates have gone by, I have paid but not received. They admitted their mistake and said that the delivery date had been ...

My boss has fired me because I checked face book while working and made a personal call?
While he does this all the time. He does make personal calls and checks his e-mails, play games and check face book. His excuse was that he works more hours than me while he cannot prove that I work ...

Should we kill people who have low standard of living?
It is time we started wars to kill people and decline the amount of pollution and waste. First we should kill those with low standard of living because if they die they loose less. Think about it ...

How do you charge someone for threatening you??

If you could have it your way how would you punish child beaters?

What would the crime have to be to be sentenced to a maximum security prison?

becky w
How many days can your employer make you work in a row without a day off?

Show all answers
Post your answer

james
unlimited

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Frosty
depends on the number of hours you work per day and the way your company decides on it's schedule. If it's 8 hour days, it can be as many as 10 if the days off fall on the first part of the first week and the second part has the days off at the end of it.

Where I work our week starts on Monday. So you could have Mon and Tues off that week and the next week have Sat and Sun. That would make ten days.

jessica, at your service
any # of days

John B
Go to the Department of Labor website. There is so much information there broken down by state. It may take awhile but its really worth it.

michaelamosley1
Rating
You employer can't make you do anything. If you work more than fourty hours in a week, anything over that he by law must pay you overtime. That's time/and a half. Holiday's are double time. If your employer is smart he must know that productivity decreases when you don't get a break. I would suggest that your employer have you work four twelve hour days with two days off, it's equates to about the same.

linda
Any number that they want to. No law limits the work cycle.

ElaineMT
In the US, you can work every day for the rest of your life. It's the going over 40 hours in a work week that will require the paying of overtime (1.5 times your straight time rate) that causes some employers to rethink how many hours their employees work.

The Cat: Self cleaning napkin
Rating

prancinglion
They can't "Make" you work any amount of days.... if you don't like your job, quit.

The last thing in the world I need if for the Government to get more control over my employer.... or myself is I become an "Employer."

smedrik
Rating
Employers do not have to give you days off. As long as they are paying you for time worked they can have you work every day of every week of every year.

janinemad

sshsearching
Rating
Depends on the employer and what contract you may or may not have with them. As it has been stated, some positions are regulated by governmental rules, or your contract may state how many days. In most positions I have held, I had no choice about how many days in a row that I worked.

shop2early
It depends, on who or whom you work for. Private, Government other. If, they have a union or not. There are laws that some Employers must abide by.

Lincoln6
I know someone who worked three years without a day off and when he asked for one, they gave him an argument.

ohiofirefighter42
Rating
no limit....the only ensured by federal law is that you will be paid 1 1/2 for anything over 40/ week

JCA
Forever unless your "contract" states otherwise. "At Will" employees are just that. They remain employed "at the will of the employer" else they can let you go. So start looking for another job and then you can tell this one "bye". Otherwise, wash your face, comb your hair and put on a clean set of work clothes and don't miss the bus or you'll be late and without a job!

Slick
Rating
you can go forever..if your a non-exempt then you get OT for hours over 40 and exempt will not get anything over 40. But there is no limit to the number of days.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, July 26, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy