Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Exactly how effective are prenups?
I've heard they can be undone easily during divorce because there're so many arguments a person can make against it. For example, lack of full disclosure on "potential" ...

Writing a letter to a rapist's sister?
Last summer my friend was raped by a male friend, at 16. But because she is afraid she will be mocked and ridiculed at school she refuses to press charges or take action in any manner. I believe it ...

Which of the following five statements are the essential requirements in creating a government?
A. Food should be grown within the government's borders.
B. The government should assist in trade.
C. Leadership is needed.
D. Production must increase every day.
F. A ...

Minor in possession of Alcohol?
If someone is convicted of it,can they appeal the charges?...

Can you change information on your id card?
Ok first of all I don't plan on doing this Its just a random thought that popped in my head..so I just moved and I have to go to the dmv and changed my address on my I'd card..my current ...

What rights do I have against a Veternarian who mis-diagnosed my dog?
Our 4 month old puppy recently became sick. We took him to the vet on an emergency call-out. Our puppy had become very tired, weak, loss of appetite, and very very sore, and a swollen lower jaw ...

Changing your name... how to/suggestions?
I really want to change my last name and I'm wondering how you'd go about doing that. I'd also like to hear some suggestions -- nothing like "Anderson" though, I was thinking ...

Probation before Judgment?
I live in Maryland and not to long ago was put on Probation before Jury. It was a theft case. Will this show up on background check?
Additional Details
I live in Maryland and not to long ...

Discuss why some states were reluctant to accept the Constitution and what was done to remedy this reluctance.?
Needing some help please!...

Can anyone tell me about who would govern over the Aps ?
I know every body has a boss , and i need a direction to go in to find out who besides a supervisor , would be over this Entity. They have really violated some issues that i beleive needs to be ...

Are you an expert in SSI?
My father receives social security and SSI due to disability and due to the fact he has 0 assets. Both my parents live alone. I help them with rent and other bills just allows them to just get buy. ...

What is an INS detainer?
we are going through a court case against the man who molested my then 6 year old daughter and somtimes I go on our county jail website just to make sure he is still there but today under holds it ...

For my new job I have to list all driving convictions?
Im not sure what this all includes.... i've only ever been pulled over for having an expired licence sticker does this count.... I live in Ontario
Additional Details
It's for a ...

Statue of Limitations in Wisconsin?
I was involved in a fight around thanksgiving 2008 where me and the other person both sustained injuries, the other person pressed charges and i did not. its been 4 months now and i have pictures of ...

What are some movies that have examples of Domestic Violence?

Is it time to start SHOE BANKS all over this World?
What is your opinion about shoe market Worldwide?...

TORT LAW..PLS HELP!!!?
Amanda works as an au-pair with the Thompsons. One evening, when the Thompsons are out, Amanda invites her friend Victoria, who is also an au-pair, to visit her. Victoria has a very old car and ...

Questions about emancipation? help please? 10 pts?
Alright. So, first let's start off with can-I-even-get-emancipated-or-seperated-...
I have runaway charges, alcohol and tabaco charges, and i have pending charges for unautherised use of a ...

At what stage is someone "convicted" of a crime?
If someone has plead guilty to a crime, but has not been sentenced yet, are they already "convicted", or is that official when the court case is over?...

If I transfer a prescription to another pharmacy do they call the original pharmacy?
or the prescribing doctor? Which one do they call?

Also, what information do they need to get from the other pharmacy/prescribing doctor?...

Caromel-QT
How long does it take to receive a child support payment once it has been intercepted?
My ex-husband's federal income tax refund was intercepted due to past due child support. The entire refund ($3,476) was put towards the balance on Friday April 3, 2009. He received a letter back in Nov. 2007 and has never appealed the judgment. How long should it take approximately before I receive my child's money? Thanks guys!
Additional Details
When I say the payment went out April 3rd I'm referring to FMS (Financial Management Service). In the recording FMS states that the payment has been credited to the debt (which is child support). The entire amount will come to me because I've never received state assistance. Thanks again.

Show all answers
Post your answer

pippi
Rating
I too was wondering the same thing as I have the same message posted with the FMS.and it was supposedly mailed out on April 3rd......I am in washington state and use Child support enforcement...so the money gets sent to them first and then directly deposited on my child support bank card.......how long will it take in my state before I see the moneys

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

You asked so...
Rating
If he filed a joint return, that is an automatic 6 month hold.

Edited to add: Are you entitled to any of that money or is it going to payback welfare?

Lela A
Contact your child support case manager for that information

justme
Rating
Do you mean the state has already received the money? If so then when ever they mail out there payments, whether it be weekly, bi weekly or monthly.( just mail delivery time to you) If you mean the IRS is sending the money to the state then I would say up to 2 weeks before it is received by the state.
Edit: Just in case you have received any support from the state, they will take there share first.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy