Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Cell petition to legalize weed is this real?
I heard about it and so i called heres the number. 1-973-409-3274...

What's the best way to handle a tax issue like this?
My wife and I are in the middle of trying to buy our first house. We made an offer and it's been accepted, but we just found out that our aunt, who did our taxes in 2007, didn't include ...

I'm just wondering... is this legal? Or is it just wrong?
I can't go too into detail of this because of confidentiality issues, but alright... here goes.

My dad and another man had a 50/50 ownership over a company. My dad took a buyout and ...

Right of lien? Does this mean you can retrieve delivered goods that weren't paid for.?
What about builders that aren't paid. They can't retrieve fixed items but can they take other belongings in lieu of payment. When can the right of lien be realistically ...

Serious question, need good answers to the specific questions im asking.?
A female minor and an older male adult have constant phone conversations for two months almost everyday and until late(ish) in the night.
Is this illegal?
What would make the phone ...

Is it illegal to hitch hike in Montana?
I have 2 big duffle bags and I need to get to Sheridan Wy asap. I have no money and there are no agencies, Salvation army has no funds, that will help with the cost of my busfare. The churches around ...

Can i be fined or anything for not paying for gym membership in Scotland ?
I applyed for a gym membership a few months ago but i lost my job not long after applying so didnt want it any more, When i signed the contract i never gave them bank details either and i think it ...

Is it legal to mail order ammunition to an address in Cook County Illinois?
I live in Cook County, IL. and heard that it is illegal to have ammunition mail order delivered to your door. Will I need to have it shipped to a FFL licensed dealer? I have an FOID card but don'...

I would like to know how to get my public records for free with no hidden costs?
misdemeanor ...

Capital punishment??
should it be abolished ...

How long until someone elses property becomes my own.?
I want to buy a dirt bike from a local dealer, but they say that 5 years ago someone left it there to get fixed and then never came to pick it up, and back then they didnt want to go make it legally ...

If you hire a lawyer in the USA what are the series of steps they do in order to sue someone?
For instance if a company owed you some money what steps would the lawyer go to get it back for you. I assume they would write to the company first, then would they rent the court out and have ...

I have a PO, should I pay my ex's electricity bill immediately?
I live in an apartment after a Protective Order issued by my wife, exactly the day when I found out that she was cheating on me. I have many payments to make in addition to the mortgage payment I am ...

Can I take a person to court for lost items that she is responsible for?
I went to stay with a friend (girl) for a couple of days. One of my other friends (guy) wanted to hang out and so I went to my other friend's (guy) house. At 10am the next morning, I received a ...

Why is it a crime when a citizen assaults a 16 year old girl, but not when a cop does?
This weekend I went to visit my cousin and we were at a party and there was a couple cops outside and they were arresting students for not reason what so ever. And then my cousins friend called one ...

Any word on a 4th unemployment extension? (NY)?
Please no rude comments, I was laid off and have been diligent in looking for suitable work- any work that will pay the bills- and still no luck! I have been unemployed since 3/08- I already am on my ...

Should I have told him I filed for child support before he got served?
Hey everyone,
I know I just asked a question about whether or not I should continue with the child support process which I decided to go ahead with. Thanks to some good friends advice and the ...

Any implications if posting video of neighbour trespassing in our home and threatening my wife and children?
We are suffering from a nuisance neighbour, a female, mid 30's, unemployed and at home all day, whose actions resulted in her recently being cautioned by the police following her entering our ...

So you feel there should be mandatory death sentence for murder, sex. offenders, child crimes?

Do you think this Obama marijuana legalization call in petition is legit?
It is a text message I received. You call this number and vote to legalized marijuana. President Obama says he will consider it if he gets one million votes to legalize it. The number was 973.409.3274...

Kris
How does a "Prayer for Judgement" charge work.?
Not all states have this. Its a long story but I got a lawyer and they said it would not increase my Auto Rates if I just pleaded PFJ but now six months later I get a letter in the mail saying my rates have increased because I got a "Conviction" for the charge. This seems like typical good ole BS to me like I was lied to. If I was in NY I bet this would have never made to court without giving you the whole story. I'm one of the most civil drivers out there to let you know. Now my rates are like double.

Show all answers
Post your answer

laughter_every_day
Rating
Courts do not control insurance companies. Insurance companies are private and do not ask the courts whether they can raise your rates. The plea did not result in the rate increase. The conviction resulted in the increase but that is due to the policies of the insurer, not those of the court. If you have any specific question, feel free to ask.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

STEVEN F
As YOU state in the question, 'prayer for judgment' is NOT a charge. It is a PLEA. It sounds a lot like the came as a 'nolo contendere' aka 'no contest' plea. That means you don't admit anything but don't fight the charge. It ALWAYS results in a conviction, but can't be used against you in a civil lawsuit. Whoever told you your insurance rates would not increase was either lying, or uninformed. The court has NO authority over your insurance rates.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, November 27, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy