Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Capital and corporal punishment?
I truely believe that capital and corporal punishment should be used in many instances as a replacement for prison time. For example say a multiple rapist gets 40 years, hes never getting out is he ...

Do you think OJ Simpson was guilty of murdering Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman?
If not, why?
If so, why?
Additional Details
I definitely think he did it.
It chaps my hide that he's walking around a free man....

If i sold a little bit of weed, can i still be a cop???
California. When i was a Junior in High School i sold a little bit of weed. Nothing major never had more then an 1/8 or two. It only lasted for about 2-3 months though. Then i was 17 now i am 20. I ...

Brother bitten by dog, who is responsible?
I've asked this question before, but I have an update. My brother got a job as a mail man, and he completed his training, and went out by himself for the first time a couple of months ago. Well, ...

Is this considered abuse?
One of my friends is in high school and her parents can be very mean to her. They punch her, hit her, scream @ her, cuss, and tell her that she is a b**** and they can't stand her. When she gets ...

What happens if you go to court and they ask "do you swear to tell the truth....etc and you answer no?

What do people feel about the 42 day detention proposal?
All the news reports seem to feel that the general public are in favour - this surprises me, as it is not the impression I have got. Are people for or against this proposal?...

Is this child abuse?
I just saw a 10 years old child working in my neighbor's backyard, he and his dad is doing pavement work for the drive way. This is not the first time I saw this child, he always worked in the ...

Is this against the law?
Me and my friend Chris really like a certain celebrity, we're planning on going to one their houses, making sure they are in first. We're going to wear hi-visability jackets and carry ...

If a cop arrest you and makes fun of your parents what can you do?
they said your father's name is funny and your mom is ...

If you could go back in time to Hitlers birth.... Would you kill him?

What are the laws against writing bad checks?

Can you legally kill someone who breaks into your house?
(if they have a weapon)...

Can this guy at work really get me in trouble for Sexual Harassment? a guy suing a GIRL? wtf?
so theres this guy at work whos like soooooooooooo hot
so i always flirt with him and i write him notes i added him to msn lol
and facebook lol
so anyway, two weeks ago i grabbed his **...

Can the US president be charged with a crime whilst in office?
This is a 2 part question.
1) can he charged of a personal crime eg: if he physically attacked a person, beat up an aide etc.
2) can he be charged with a political 'crime�...

Is it illegal to watch someone in a store?
i am african american and i always get watched when i enter stores is it illegal for workers to do so?
Additional Details
Sorry i forgot to add this about the people watching me but they ...

Should the death penalty include sex offenders?

There is an increasing number of kittens on this site. Should dogs be kept on a lead?

Additional Details
Thank you, sslpatt. It's a real photograph you know....

What do you do, if you think someone in your household is stealing money from you.?
There is definately money going missing, but I can't prove who did it. I am devastated to think that someone would take money from me, as I am a very generous person. I would never see anyone go ...

If females have the right to murder a baby because of financial reasons shouldn't a man be able to decline.?
After the child is born....

n.heathcock
Do i have to pay rent if the landlord will not fix heat and sewer problems?

Show all answers
Post your answer

AngelOfDeath
The kombucha mushroom people,
Sitting around all day,
Who can believe you,
Who can believe you,
Let your mother pray, (sugar)

Well Im not there all the time you know
Some people, some people, some people,
Call it insane, yeah they call it insane, (sugar)
I play russian roulette everyday, a mans sport,
With a bullet called life, yeah called life,(sugar)
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be,
Its already where I am,
Cause Im already there.(sugar)

Sitting around all day,
Who can believe you,
Who can believe you,
Let your mother pray, (sugar)

I got a gun the other day from sako,
Its cute, small, fits right in my pocket,
Yeah, right in my pocket, (sugar)
My girl, you know, she lashes out at me sometimes,
And I just kick her, and then shes o.k. ,shes o.k.(sugar)
People are always chasing me down,
Trying to push my face to the ground,
Where all they really want to do,
Is suck out my mother ******* brains, my brains (sugar).

Sitting around all day,
Who can believe you,
Who can believe you,
Let your mother pray~,

I sit, in my desolate room, no lights, no music,
Just anger, Ive killed everyone,
Im away forever, but Im feeling better,
How do I feel, what do I say,
**** you, it all goes away,
**** you, it all goes away,
In the end it all goes away,
In the end it all goes away.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

grace
No, you have the right to withhold the rent until the landlord fixes the problems. Let him know that this is the reason you are withholding the rent. The agreement between you and your landlord is that he provides a livable place and you will pay for it, if he fails to do this ( heat is vital to living) then you have the right to withhold the rent. He can take you to court and you can show up and explain why you are withholding the rent, make sure you have pictures or some kind of proof. The courts usually decide that the landlord will have to fix these problems and you then will pay the rent after he has fixed these. There are laws on these.

YA
yes, but there has to be recourse some how. Check out appropriate web sites, etc.

Drm C
Yes, you do....but you put it in the bank in Escrow and when the jobs are done, then write him/her the check for your Rent!

Thanks have a great day.

fallen angel with advice
i would take it to the town court and argue your heart off, or possibly taking it to the town mayor

richer_than_you1971
Rating
no you do not

there are a few things that are required for rental properties

Sewage and heat are two of them

Sue M
No, the landlord id responsible for this to be sorted out, if not tell them you wont be paying up until its fixed or would he like you to get it fixed and pay through the rent money just give him a receipt,

I bet he is quick to fix the place if he thinks there is a chance he wont get the rent..

You will have to back date the rent once its sorted though..

David M
It really depends on the laws where you live.

asdfghjl
Rating
bring him to court. both heat and sewage are required too function properly. you both signed a lease and you will pay if he fixes.

Cherokee
Rating
Yes you still need to pay rent. But there are different things you can do. First of all you need to send your landlord a certified or registered letter demanding that you need the heat and sewer problems remedied. What you can do then, is after a certain period of time and the things are not remedied you can contact the health department or your city inspectors. You can also place your rent in escrow where your landlord will not receive any money until everything has been done. I have done this myself. I wish you luck!

Chin T
Rating
You can complain to Landlord Tenancy court and try to get an abatement if after several written complaints you do not get things that are his obligation fixed. I will say however that will put you on very bad terms and most likely he will have the upper hand with something down the road. Unless, this is a corporate type large complex and you are just a number, in which case they will know you mean business. Before doing filing to go to landlord tenancy court make sure you are up to date with your rent and keep copies of the certified receipts and the letters you sent saying that if it is not fixed by a certain date (check with your lease as to how much time he has, or your state laws, you will file for an adjustment and may fix these things and deduct it from the rent. NOTE: Just because your letter says that does NOT mean the court will allow you to fix anything nor deduct anything so do not do it, however you can say that because he is being given adequate time you will (you can only say it you cannot do it!)

pasha39571
Rating
I believe so as you signed a contract to continue paying him. However, the same goes for him and he should by law provide you a date that these things should be fixed.

Contact CAB for more legal advice

Mrs. Herrera
Rating
Yes you are still living there.
Seek advice from your local housing authority.
Sewer must be adequate and supplied for you.
Depends on your area, landlords in my area are not required to provide heating.

draggin78201
Rating
If you want someplace to live you do.

Weezy
you need to check with your state renting laws. some states you can with hold your rent but you may have to pay it back or a percentage of it back.

britcee
Rating
sadly yeah, i am sorry he is not fixing your heat.

But yea, he can kick you out if you do not pay rent..

~No Real Help~
Rating
Unfortunately yes you do.
~No more Gamez~

Casey
Rating
yeah..if you are still living there.....

Pete
Depends on your state, but in most states, there is a way to go about getting repairs made. Some do include allowing for the tenant to withhold rent, but it is rarely as straightforward as just not paying. For example, in Ohio, you may file for escrow with the clerk of courts in your district. This does not mean you can decide to stop paying, it means you file a complaint, and a court decides if you can pay your rent to the court, who will compel the landlord to make the repairs before releasing the rent.

Those who will answer this question with a straightforward "yes" or "no" are only basing their answer on personal experience. You did not mention a state, so it is not possible to completely answer your question, other than to state that you need to speak with a local tenant advocate/attorney.

doanel
That is a safety issue (sewer) as well as quality of life issue (Heat). Contact the local Housing authority and report him/her. Or get a Lawyer. This is totally unacceptable.

Proud
Yes. He can have you evicted for not paying rent. However, you could take him to court if you wanted to, but that's a big long drawn out thing. I think it'd be best to simply find a new place to live.... with a better landlord.

I'm tired of being serious
Yes. You can, however pay your rent into escrow, which will hold the money until your landlord fixes the violations. You can contact your city councilman about how to pay into escrow.

wizjp
Rating
Probably; or at least escrow the rent funds and enter into a dispute. Talk to a lawyer or the county atty.

amy‚ô•baby
Rating
I researched this a while back and it turns out you need to put your request in writing, with a date. And make a copy of it!! In the letter, explain that you've asked for his assistance multiple times and haven't gotten a response. Tell him you will pursue a third party to come out and fix the problems and you'll be sending the bill to him. If you don't get a response, call your township and let them know. They'll usually send someone out to check it out, but hopefully by then your landlord will come through.

bridgettestefan680
Rating
no, you are paying not only to have a roof but also to have the place you are paying for working.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, April 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy