Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

What would you do if you found out your spouse was working for the cia?

I can press charges, right?
Okay, here is the situation.
My house was broken into and a lot of my stuff was stolen.
I knew who did it, I even went to their house and talked to them before I went to the police and told ...

Should we bring back Capitol Punishment in the UK?
With CSI's and long LONG court attles, being proven innocent/guilty is 99% these days, where as before there were a lo of innocent people being hung etc. Therefore the question of 'Should ...

My daughter is turning 18 and I want to invite a male stripper to the house, is it legal to have her friends?
there who are 16 and 17?...

Should the legal age of consent or sex be 16 in America? teens are so cute. I'm 21 not some perv old man?
I mean why not who cares really 16-18 whats the difference its 15 in mexico....

Does anyone feel sorry for OJ Simpson b/c he's in jail?
Does anyone feel bad that he's in jail for all these charges and could be spending the rest of his life behind bars?...

I work for a supermarket and want to know if the following is illegal?
and if so which body should it be reported to? my supervisor often asks us to open bags of out of date fruit and veg, potatoes carrots etc and sell them as loose produce. i see this as still selling ...

How does alowing Gay and Lesbian civil union pose a threat to marriage between men and women?
Gays and Lesbians have been living together in loving relationships sence the beginning of time. Why do Republicans claim that their forming a legal union will be a threat to the marriage of ...

Statutory rape help me and g/f?
well i just turned 18 and shes nearly 15..we have had sex when i was 18, and now shes really scared were going to get caught and im going to be convicted for statuatory rape..and she wants to break ...

Do u think it is wrong for the us to deport illegal immigrants without allowing them a chance at citizenship?
i live in oklahoma and right now our state government has passed a law that any and all illegal immigrants(mainly targeting mexican immigrants)will be taken from their homes and deported because they ...

Is it OK to use illegal drugs as long as you don't get caught?
Obama declared in his book "Dreams of my Father" that he smoked pot and did cocaine. He never got caught and quit on his own and now is the POTUS.

Michael Phelps the Olympic S...

I am a self mutilator. And my mom said that I might not get hired because of that...Is that legal? HELP!?
My scars are fading..but you can still tell what they are from (from the patter they leave) and I'm really worried that I won't be able to be hired! And if I do get hired I'm worried ...

If we don't have the death penalty in the UK, why do we still hang pictures?

Is it illegal to tell someone "I hope you go burn in hell"?

Additional Details
I felt like saying that to the Best Buy costumer service lay today, but I thought I would hold off intil next time they pee me off....

Muslim teen awarded £4,000 over headscarf snub?
LONDON (AFP) - An employment tribunal has awarded a Muslim teenager 4,000 pounds after a the owner of a hair salon refused to employ her because she was wearing a headscarf.
(Advertisement)

I Might Not Live To See Tomorrow Please Help?
Were i live their are to different community's right next to each other im from the CL community and these other people are from CH anyway me and my friend Nick were walking and we ran into this ...

Should people that don't smoke get preferential medical treatment?

Additional Details
I dont smoke but i think everybody should get the same level of treatment.what about fat people like me i pay plenty of bloody tax on food and people like me get told ...

Would you stand by your convictions even if all those around you disagree?

Boyfriend in jail for pediphile but haven't been on trial or been to court yet?
My boyfriend hasn't been on trial or to court yet but has been in jail for a while, could he possibly have a chance to get out of it and live his normal life once again? I swear he isn't ...

Do pro-"choicers" also support pedophilia and statatory rape, as long as the minor consents?
Its control over ones body right?
Additional Details
Go Avs, at least its just my nose. If people werent sticking body parts where they didnt belong, we wouldnt have this debate in the ...

Oblivion44
Can you legally kill someone who breaks into your house?
(if they have a weapon)

Show all answers
Post your answer

clark6561
Rating
If they break in they dont even have to have a weapon as long as they in your house when police get there with signs of break in....so yes you can...self defense

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

FRAGINAL-NOYPI
Killing a person breaking into your house is justified because it is defense of property which is an exempting circumstance under the Penal Law. You actually committed a crime but you are not a felon because you are just protecting your property.

FrankieMuniz
Uh?!

bear8357
Only Head Shots

Goldenrae9
Self defense.

a heart so big
Rating
there are a lot of factors they take in to consideration for self-defense claims, but generally, yes, you have that right.

EYES WIDE OPEN
Rating
I don't believe you can ever kill someone legally. But if you or anyone else is put in a position where you feel your life is in danger and you can't avoid this problem like running out the door, YES you have the right to snuff out someones life.

anonymouse
Rating
In most jurisdictions the standard is that a "reasonable person" would believe that his life of the life of others was in immediate danger.

If you are not in immediate danger of losing your life or being gravely injured you are not allowed to respond with deadly force.

If a man broke open your front door (obviously unarmed) and immediately sat down with his back to the wall and said, "I'm not leaving till you give me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich", and made no other threatening gestures or anything - no, you could not legally kill him.

Now if he had a knife or a gun or did something to put you in fear of your life, then you could defend yourself.

Rangers ♥ Saltalamacchia
Rating
I think you can.. it's self defense.. look it up!

BeachBum
Rating
Yes as long as they are still inside your house... meaning you can't shoot them in the yard after they have left...

takeitez2
Wow this is an eternal question and it is not easy to answer. First many States & Counties have differing statutes on this and you would do best to look them up where you reside. But in most any situation, and understand this is not legal advice, you have the right to defend yourself in a manner which disables/stops the intruder IF you believe or fear he/she/they are about to do you harm. Understanding this is key to a defensive posture.

I can tell you that my dog and my shotgun will keep me alive if my attempt to find out who it is fails. And I won't hesitate if they do appear to be someone I don't know. I have the right to reasonably assume the right to privacy and anyone who violates that with willful intent to do me harm, and my interpretation is all I need, WILL suffer the immediate consequences. I will pull the trigger.

After saying all that, this will probably never happen to you or me. But preperation is the key. An Alpha dog & a shotgun is good insurance.

Here are 2 links to read. One is in defense of defense, the other consequences for defending if done wrong. Then do some of your own research. This can get rather tangly. Be careful.

kaisergirl
Rating
depends on the state

doubleg2006
Rating
If some one breaks into your home and that person has a weapon then you have legal rights to defend your property and everyone and thing inside it. But if that person doesn't have any weapons then the only thing that you can do is subdue the subject and hold him till the police arrive to make an arrest.

Listen very carefully make sure that you contact your local police before taking any necessary steps to defend your home and the people inside it

msi_cord
Rating
In self defense, yes you could.

undercovernudist
Rating
if they are trying to kill u or u believe ur life is in peril yes in most states especially Texas

inzaratha
Rating
Depends on your state. In AZ if they break into your house and have a weapon and you shot them you are within your legal rights by self defense, but you should shoot to kill as they could sue you otherwise !

afterflakes
of course not. the ACLU will sue you and turn over all your belongings to the criminal and then they will make sure you do jail time for murder. and that goes double if you live in san francisco!! well, or anywhere the 9th circuit court has jurisdiction.

John D
Rating
Yes, but make sure that you kill them so they cannot sue you for use of excessive force!

meandyou200557
Rating
yes but dont let the body out of your house

Fallon
Rating
Depends what state you live in. Texas, along with others has a deadly force code. Loosely translated: You can react with equal and one step greater force. dependent on protecting yourself, another and property. Here. We can shoot someone that breaks into our house. Your supposed to warn them you have a gun and intend to shoot, and only when they are entering not trying to get out.
My Daddy always said, "Dead men tell no tales. Or truths!" LOL

mike b
yes that's why i leave my door unlocked

William G
Rating
Most states allow you to kill in self defense if there is a legitimate fear that the offender might use deadly force against the occupants. (Check your state laws)

sgoldperson
Rating
Depends on the State for starters. Some still have a law that says you have to do everything else first, including leaving your own home.

grimmy19812000
It all really depends on the state... there are some states that would consider this to be murder (being that these states don't feel that a simple break-in is means for killing someone... in other words... they don't think that simply protecting your property is a legal reason) and some states (such as South Carolina ... where I'm from...) it is legal to kill someone who enters your house without your permission (i.e. breaking and entering) providing that you are home at the time of occurance and feel your life is threatened....

bottom line... best thing to do is to always call the police first (even if you have to dial 911 and leave the phone off the hook)... and then take whatever actions are needed to defend your life and the life of your family... then worry about the legality of it later...

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy