Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Woman molests a girl. Girl's father rapes the woman in revenge. Do you report the father? Think b4 you answer
I've asked this question before but asking again because I noticed something interesting. I am not saying he should or shouldn't be reported. What's interesting is that a lot of ...

Should prostitutes be legal?
if they shud why shud they
and if not why ...

Do you agree with the death penilty??
I TOTALY DISAGREE, i dont think that any one has the right to play God, and 2 wrongs dont make a right. what do you think?...

Was O.J in your opinion guilty or innocent?
Of killing his girlfriend and a friend.
He wrote a book about if he killed them how it was carried out....

Is it true that in the UK if you fly your national flag on your property, you will be asked to take it down?
.............for fear of offending a minority group?

OMG. Please tell me that's not true....

Why do people have abortions?
My ten year old daughter wanted me to post this question, so please respond age appropriately! Why do people have abortions instead of putting the baby up for adoption?
Additional Details<...

Can you get in any trouble for yelling at a telemarketer? What if you are a child?

Additional Details
I personally don't understand why many people think I am a kid, simply for asking this question....

Casey Leigh Mullen: Should the UK bring back the death penalty for child rapists and killers?
I'd like to guage public opinion on what is obviously the worst case of it's type for many years.. is it time we did away with the sickness of our society? Or would you rather stick them in ...

What if you set a booby trap in your home, and went on holiday, and it caught a burglar?
Let's say it was something like one of those old bear traps- this guy breaks into your house with the intention of stealing everything, and the trap you set breaks his leg.

What would ...

I can see a burglar in the house opposite me. What should I do?
This guy is wearing a balaclava and emptying the house of the TV, DVD etc. What should I do?...

Who out there thinks its fair for a DUI felony...?
All employers excluding construction, restaurant and the like will not hire felons even when the crime was a DUI (no injuries, just REALLY drunk) and when it happened 5+ years ago. If the felony ...

Should they legalize it??
should marijuana [ canabis sativa, weed ] lol b legalized. i have my opinion on it but i wanna know if its right to feel that it should b legal, and also what you people think about the situation ...

What vehicles are legal to drive on public roadways without requiring a drivers license?
My license is suspended and I need transportation. What can I legaly drive?...

Is it illegal for a man to have sex with a girl who's 18th birthday is in 1 day time?

What drugs are you allowed to do while in office without getting into trouble?

Additional Details
DC Mayor Marion Berry smoked crack cocaine with a hooker while he was in office and he got RE-ELECTED...

Is money the answer to all problems, or the cause of it?
if you think about it, money could solve a lot of problems, but i guess it also causes it as it brings selfishness. do you think there would be no world poverty if there was no money? but then if ...

I was the target of racial discrimination at a bar/restaurant, what can I do?
I went to a bar a couple nights ago, and I, as well as several other strangers I talked to at the bar agreed that the bartender and some of the other employees were plain out racist. One of the ...

Do you think this is fair?
smoking is now banned in all public places except prisons and houses of parliament bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!is that fair??????????...

What is your opinion on the death penalty (in the UK)?
Considering the positive response (apparent majority) to the Saddam execution. What is your opinion on the death penalty (in the UK)?...

Who joins with me in congratulating Texas
Upon carrying out the death sentence on the Mexican Murderer convicted of raping and murdering two girls aged 14 and 16.
My only objection is that the penalty was painless....

helpless
Can you get in trouble with the law for running away? ?
i'm a 14 year old girl who cant take her home life anymore and if i dont get away soon im afraid i might end up hurting myself or someone in my family and all i want to know is if you can get in trouble with the law for doing it?
Additional Details
i have a place to stay so i wouldn't be in the strats

Show all answers
Post your answer

An[)R0i[)
I strongly suggest not just...running away.
Is there any way you can talk to a school counselor?
They are available to help and keep things confidential.
Also try to stay a few nights with friends on the weekends, etc.

If your parents don't know where you are,
Obviously I would hope they would get to the point where they would contact police to help search for you,
Which, in the long run, wouldn't turn out so well.

I would hate for you to end up in foster care,
Or worse yet,
In juvenile detention centers!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

♥♥Hersheykiss♥♥
Yes. you can. Go talk to your counselor before you or someone else get hurt with you running away.

salsa shark!
uhhh yeahh!

evilattorney
Rating
Not only will you get into trouble, the person with whom you plan on staying will be in an enormous amount of trouble .

jeowf
Rating
yes its illegal (for them) to let you go. you can get a divorce from your family if necessary. but talk to someone about this.or you will just get picked up and thrown back. talk.

omgmonicawtflol
Rating
it really all depends on what state you live in and their laws about ages. When i lived in NH, The law says you can move out legally at age 17... and if your parents call the police there is nothing they can do about it. Also if you have a history of getting arrested they will be more likely to send you somewhere when they find you (like a group home for children ). If you are just running away and have never been in trouble before then no they will not send you to juvy.

ZOzo
not really...you could i guess depends on your state ..for delinquency. But you should seek help. Call your local DSS for child services or a school counselor they have to remove you from your home if you threaten to kill yourself or harm yourself. Heads up girlies your only 14, you'll grow up and life will get better...

Retro Republic ♥
im not to sure.
but if your having troubles at home
if you have maybe an aunt or uncle in the area or not even in the area maybe you can move in with them.

or.. talk to a counselor or a teacher.

or even talk to your mom / dad (:

i hope you dont resort to hurting yourself. ):
you have someone here whose praying for you that you'll be okay nd safe

i hope all goes well.. (:
GOOD LUCK

Austin Skaggs
Rating
no i think only your parents can.

She&#39;s got me, heart and soul
Yes and no. If you run away from home, the police and other law enforcement agencies can get involved, especially if your parents contact them. However, to my knowledge, you cannot be charged with any crime. The police may give you a warning, but you would not serve any jail time.

Dahveed
Rating
no technically not unless your like 18
my 17 year old brother ran away we found him though
just hang in there
i feel the same way

kiedischick
running away wont get you in trouble...

till u get caught. lots of things can happen it will go on your record and it never looks good for people to think of u as a runaway. everyone has problems at 14 its normal. but if there is something really bad going on like abuse, domestic violence, molesting, then those are serious things that the police need to get involved in. so if its nonw of the above, put up with it sorry but its life.

dirtydutchman
Rating
ur just get returned to ur awfull home to find u running away only made the situation worse, and its VERY VERY dngerouse for a 14 yo girl to be out there alone, DONT DO IT

Elixire of truth
Rating
Call child protective services in your state of residence, dial 411 on the phone

baleno12002
You sure can! Simply because you are underage. If you are being abused in some way you should talk to an adult (maybe a teacher or school principal) and they will notify the proper authorities in your behalf.That way you won"t be blamed for turning in your parents and something will get done.

Workout King
Rating
Not really but they police will come looking for you, because your parents would probably call them cuz ur missing

joe joe
Rating
not only can you go to jail, you could get picked up by a rapist, turned over to the human slave trade, killed, or worse.
running away is not the answer. you must talk to someone, whether they like what you have to say or not. if you feel you can't express yourself to your family, find someone at school, preferrably an adult and ask to speak in confidence. maybe a gramma, grampa, aunt, uncle, a friends aunt, uncle or family member. try your school counsellor. please don't run away you will only get harmed, and you might be suprised who would listen when you speak up. good luck

Navada H
Rating
you can get in trouble,my sister ran away and they put her in juvie.she had never got in trouble with the law before.you have,it is actually illeagle to run away

OBAMA 08&#39; VOTE 4 OBAMA!!!!
yes you can but it kind off deepens if your mom dose not come get you or deepens on what state

Jason H
If your life is that bad talk to a social worker at your school. You can not legally live on your own at your age let alone support yourself. You should try to work things out or you will have to find a new family to live with for another 3 years or until you can emancipate yourself

cls419
Rating
yes. if they find you, you could go to juvenile hall for running away. then you have to sit in court and the judge will determine if you learned your lesson and will stay home

Koshu
There are family court procedures to prosecute runaways, and anyone who helps a runaway in most states. Go home, sit down and speak to your parents, quietly, no shouting. If you are abused, call child protective services.

Zach C
Yes, you can get in trouble, trust me. Once upon a time, my father and I got into a little fight. He told me, yelled at me, to leave. (This was in the morning before school.) I walked to school and went to first block, just to find a note for me telling me to go to the office. I got to the office and saw two cops standing there, one of them asked me if I was Zach Cherry. I said yes, of course, and had to fill out a paper. Turns out that because I "ran away" my father decided to file me as unruly and we went to court about it. The ONLY REASON that I did not go to Juvy is because of the fact that he told me to leave, hence kicking me out.

But for all my experience, all I could tell you is that that is law in Ohio and most mid eastern states. Hope I helped you out a little bit! :)

tiffyluvu
yes!!!!!! you can ,take if from a girl who ran away and got put into an all girls home!my mom was the worst person in the world to me but i grow up and realized that she was the only true friend i had and regret alot of choices i made in life! not everybodys life is diffrent ,so the best thing i can tell you is if you really want to leave that house then go to school and tell you school teacher or Counselor, and they can help you move out! good luck:D

Kat &lt;3s TOeaT
"i dont get away soon im afraid i might end up hurting myself or someone in my family " That is exactly what you are going to do when you RUN away. And where are you going to go? Our world is quite dangerous, with many psychopaths lying around. Anyway, I don't know what you're going through, but if it's something like physical abuse then I advise you to talk to your teacher or something.

Joshua H
Rating
Well, they can return you to your parents. But that's the least of your worries. If you run away, you will die. You have no idea how brutal it is out there for runaways. Little support, lots of drugs, brutalization, exploitation, and AIDS. However bad things are at home, and I believe you when you say they're bad, you will at least survive the next 4 years, and then you can go make a life for yourself. Fourteen year olds can't get legitimate jobs. If you run away, you will likely be forced into prostitution, and, as I said, you will eventually die. Please, don't be naive about what's out there. That's what the pimps and dealers count on. kids who thought it was bad at home and had no idea how much worse it was on the street.

Matt C
Rating
Don't run away its not worth it. Instead skip that step and just talk to child's services/your school guidance counselors.

jet_62095
Yes.
Talk to a school psychiatrist or something and they will help you.
Or if its that bad call Social Services or DCYF.

Best of luck :)

Nicky
Rating
Get emancipated, it takes a year but not as much of a risk as running away or staying

Sound The Stereo
if its really that bad, speak to a child services advocate
look into emancipation

sadie_oyes
Rating
Don't run away, talk to your school counselor, he/she will help you and keep what you say confidential.
When my sister ran away my parents said they couldn't handle her, she was classified as an uncontrollable child and was put in juvenile detention, became a ward of the state and then sent to a girls home/reform school until she was 18.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, December 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy