Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Found money, what to do...?
I found over a hundred dollars at a gas station a few hours ago (on the floor). I didnt hand it over to the cashier because I didnt fully believe they would be honest (minimum wage).
Now my ...

Is consentual incest between adults legal in the US?
I'm not a pervert. This is a serious question. I was just wondering because I have seen adult movies with twins in it and they do stuff with each other. I know it's not camera tricks ...

Marijuana............?
ok so i just read another question that could not be responded to.. the person typing the question said that she about died from using marijuana one time when she was a teen and a respondant said ...

Do they check your passports at the border when driving through canada and the u.s?
what do they actually do when driving ...

Who would you assassinate?
If you could kill anyone on earth, with no consequences, who would it be? I'd kill my boyfriends ex, for all the trouble she's caused me....

Why is abortion legal?
If a mother can't legally kill her newborn baby, 3 year old kid, 10 year old daughter, 20 year old son etc.... then why can she murder a baby before it's born? If it is a choice to kill ...

Why do people argue for and against abortion?
The are alot of pro-life and pro-choice disscussion going on today and i would like to have a clear understanding of both positions. Why would women advocate the killing of a child? Why is it even a ...

Is Abortion always wrong?
I know most people think abortions are wrong but my friend was raped by her dad and got pregnant...she got rid of it by herself because she could get into a clinnic...should she of had an abortion if ...

I work 9 hour shifts - should I have paid breaks?
I work 9 hour shifts with no breaks (not even a lunch break) am I entitled to any paid rest periods?...

I heard that some lawyers cheat and lie to make money, is this true???!!!?

What do you think about abortion?
ok so I was watching Oprah and they were talking about how the governmant is trying to pass a law saying that if a chil 13 years or younger comes in to get an abortion the doctor has to notifie the ...

What if a paralyzed person comits a crime?
Been wondering about this...
Lets assume we have a person who is paralyzed from the neck down. He can talk, but can't move any of his body parts. If this person orders the murders of, lets ...

Would you shoot someone with a beebee gun (below waist) who breaks into your house?

Technically is sharing CD's in a household illegal?
and please no answers that just say 'share them anyway' or something along those lines please ...

If a seventeen year old is arrested for assault, should a newspaper print the persons name and full address?

What is the legal age when a mother can throw her son out of the house.?
he has broken her arm and was sent to a mental hospital by the police. he thinks he can return home but his mother will not allow it. hes 20. she is very scared of him. and she is scared that the ...

Why don't we enforce a rule that if people are on public assitance, they can't have any additional children?
People are free to do whatever they want, but if these people are on public assitance and are being supported by tax payers, wouldn't it be logical to say, "you can't support yourself ...

I've got James Blunt in the boot of my car, what should I do?

Are minorities dumber than whites?
The answer is yes, and I'm taking this from the Supreme justices when they were dealing with affirmative action way back when. What do you guys think about that ?...

What is the most amount of money you are legally allowed to keep in your home.?
I am fed up with the bank and have to care 24/7 for my sick Mother and am missing out on claiming certain benefits for her because of having savings. It seems to me that I am being punished for ...

Madie
Can you get arrested for protesting?
Can you get arrested for protesting by walking around with big signs and everything? If so, what reasons? If you can, should we be angry because we are just using our freedom of speech?
Additional Details
It is at a public place, we have 10-15 people, we are ll under 18, and all were going to do is walk around on the sidewalk with signs

Show all answers
Post your answer

railroad dave
Rating
look at the RNC convention in 04 in NYC . between the patriot act and those clasified Executive Orders we have lost most of our freedoms , sorry . yes you will be detained . me too .

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

@nim@l Lover
Well you can be arrested for protesting if the place your in is residential. Eitheir than that, I dont think so...

Digital Age
You cannot get arrested for protesting in a public place, such as a public square or a street. However, if you enter the building, the foyer, etc., you are trespassing and can be arrested.
I saw it happen just a few days ago...some protesters entered the lobby of a building because it was raining outside and got themselves arrested like that.

e p
Yes, if you are trespassing. If you are making a point and you aren't standing ON anything that the group you are protesting against owns, you are perfectly fine.

liam d
Rating
Of course you can.
The freedom you "feel" to protest is there only because you're tolerated when you express it.
If your subject matter was "sensitive" to the politics or issues of the day then you may find your freedom otherwise curtailed.
The law of the land has mechanisms to remove your rights of protest on the public streets with infringements for ..loitering..illegal gatherings..incentment to riot..obstruction...and more beyond my knowledge I'm sure.
Anti religious comments and racial slurs will bring your protest to close quite quickly too and on top of that you will be prosecuted.

Your freedom to protest is really only to whisper quietly into the back of your hand,,,,that's how it is these days.

Even this media is forensically policed for breaches of Its operating franchise and your 'free" speech can be deleted and your access to it denied.

So you're but a dog on a leash allowed to venture only to the extent at which it strains.

That's what the wars were fought for is it??

tx_morena16
Rating
NO

VinceStylez
as long as it remains peaceful and you arent disturbing anyone then its ok

Vanessa D
Rating
Only if violence insues. And if you get violent, you deserve to be arrested.

sharaont
If something violent happens, yes, you can get in big trouble because you are part of the scene. But protesting is allowed.

xyb123
The only way that you can get in trouble is if you are being violent, or your words instigate violent actions. Other than that go ahead and protest away.

volleyballchick
You can only if you are on private property and the owner(s) of the property want you off. It is tresspassing.

You have the right to freedom of speech, expression and to assemble. So if you are protesting something, then you are fine. You can't be on private property or block the access to that property. That is when you get arrested.

Bret J
No. If it's not on a residential property. That's why we have freedom of speech. Well unless you live in some sort of dictatorship. But if the protests get out of hand you could get charged with other things.

Shay-Lynn
Rating
Depends on how far you go.

You could get arrested for disrupting the peace.

If you're sitting there with a pit fire and I'm sure you can go to jail for that. But -- Idk just walking around with signs... Like I said before -- it all depends on how far you go!

I hope you don't!

bright the lights foundation
Rating
if u disturb everybody or ruin something then yea

bykrgirl2008
no a side walk of street is no ones property u may protest there check your area to see what " quite hours" are as long as you are doing it before those ours and not on any ones property then u r ok even in front of a house just stay on the street or side walk and you may say what ever u want ( no profanity) !oh use cross walk dont want to get arrested for j- walking. lol

Anna
if it gets unpeaceful

First Amendment
The freedom of peaceful assembly

reenzz
Rating
Where I live, you need a permit to form a protest. If you don't possess one...then you can be arrested.

Mike L
Rating
If it's a peaceful protest on public property, you can't get arrested. You can really only get charged if you're on Private Property. You wouldn't be getting charged for Protesting, you'd be getting charged with Trespassing.

Mj
if you are on private property but other then that you should not be arrested

Marcus
Rating
No. Some places require a permit. Otherwise it would be considered an unlawful assembly.

ruscutie
depends what country you live in... if you live i americas or uk, then NO, but if the protest gets violent, the police will take action and can arrest you...

Jimmymac
Rating
It kind of depends on where you,re doing it and how many of you there are. If it,s just you, and you,re in a public place, you,re probably okay so long as you keep your clothes on and don,t get violent. If there,s a whole boatload of you you,ll need a permit!

?
Rating
When you say, " . . . and everything", that leaves things wide open as to what you can be sued for. If you do property damage, well, you can get sued. If you do personal damage, you can get sued. And maybe, if your obstructing commerce by protesting in front of someones' business, or disturbing the peace by protesting in a residential neighborhood, you can probably be sued then too. Angry? Try being responsible. Then you won't have to worry about being sued. God Bless you.

Mako
Nope, only if it gets violent or you damage property.

kk
No, not if your doing in peacefully

americanfreeman
you cannot get arrested for protesting.

You can get arrest for blocking the sideway or street,
If your group is a certain size you must have a permit or be arrested.
If you fail to follow an officers directions to disperse you can be arrest.
If you throw things at cops you can be arrested.

asp2write
Rating
Yes, if your disrupting people, causing a problem, or on private property.

ohmahgah.
i think you should get arrested for asking.

Burning Question
Rating
You cannot be "charged" for protesting, but you can be charged with disturbing the peace.

If police want to get rid of you, they'll find something to charge you with... even if its just loitering or something lame like that.

stung4ever
If you do it peacefully, generally no. There are exceptions though. If you do it on private property, you can be arrested. If you're one of those morons that do it in the middle of the road, stopping traffic, you can be.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, April 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy