Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

If someone is parks in YOUR driveway??
My neighbor parks in my driveway ALL the time without my permission and I want to egg his car or throw mud all over it, but I don't want to be legally responsible for anything. Since the car is ...

Neighboor's cigarette smoke coming in our windows?
We live in the top floor of a condo. Both neighboors below us smoke outside both in front and on their deck. In the summer, it is a major drag when we have our windows open. The smoke flows right ...

Can I move to another state with my child?
I have a 3 year old daughter and am separated from her father. The divorce will be final in January and am currently engaged to my childhood sweetheart who happens to be in the army. The wedding is ...

Should britian's legal drinking age be lowerd?

Additional Details
this is for a school powerpoint please give more information ;D...

Which organization is this?
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600 employees and has the following employee statistics?

29 have been accused of spouse abuse
7 have been arrested ...

I'm sexy, I'm underage, and I plan on drinking and driving today.?
How many beers can I drink to stay below 0.08% within 3 hours?

What if caught and zero tolerance law comes into effect? License suspension? Jail? Deportation (lol)?

Thanks
<...

Do you think the death penalty is morally right?

Bought car from a garage, baliffs have just turned up to repossess,previous owner owe money on it,what can do?
Garage no help, they said they had done a HPI check so call police but police won't come as it's a civil matter. Citizens advice will call back within 24 hours but the car is winched up ...

What to do if someone is choking?
I watched an american program lately called 'what should you do?' and there was a scenario of someone choking and it advised that you should not slap them on the back as this can cause the ...

I smell a rat when a teacher said he is a former FBI agent, should I say or do anything?

Is this a good reason to call the cops?
im barbecuing and someone asks if they can join me and i say "your mom" and then they call the cops. is this harassment? could i get fined?...

What would happen if cannabis replaced alcohol?
Imagine if alcohol was illegalized and cannabis took it's place.Everyone would be happy and laughing in bars, not getting in fights and the hospitals wouldn't be full of alcohol related ...

What do you think is the cruelest crimes to mankind is?
mine would have to be child molestation,and one caught should get the death penality,any crime against another human is a great atrocity
Additional Details
yes slavery and the holucaust ...

How does one get pulled over for no reason and then arrested with no initial cause for the pull over/arrest?
hi my name is amanda and im writing to you to see if you can help me answer a few questions.
me and my boyfriend was on break from class and went to grab something to eat. when we were infront ...

Should UK bring back capital punishment?
for those that have pleaded guilty or found 100% guilty by the jury for serious crimes like murder, messing with kids. what other crimes do you think should apply to capital punishment ( death)

Can a girl of 15 have an abortion without parental consent?
i know all of the stuff about its wrong and appreciate that fact however i would prefer just to have factual informaion at the ...

Sex offender in apartment?
I live in Iowa, and I just moved to an apartment. I signed an 8 month lease. I just found out that the guy directly underneath me, about 10 steps away, is a sex offender... indecent conatct with a ...

Is it legal to sell celebrity's photos?
i took some amazing photos at a concert and would like to sell it online. Is it legal to do so? Because I saw on the news this one celebrity went and sue that one person who was selling of that ...

Does anyone know what starts with "A" and is Illegal in texas?
What is the thing that will get you arrested in Texas for doing that starts with the letter "A"?
It has something to do with divorce or splitting up I think....

Under what circumstances should abortion be allowed?
Never
In the case of the mother's life/health
Option 2 + rape and incest
Option 3 + socioeconomic reasons.
Option 4 + first trimester.
Option 5 + second trimester.
I...

covergirl1303
Can you be charged for attempted suicide?

Show all answers
Post your answer

lewisbrooks989
Rating
probly not but i'm sure they do in some countries for wasting police time!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

squirrely
only if you accuse yourself!

West_End_Girl
Rating
No, you can't be charged for attmepted suicide, but if you commited a crime and as a result of the crime tried to commit suicide you'll be charged for the actually crime. But it's not illegal to try to commit suicide.

me
If you threaten to harm yourself you will be locked up in a mental hospital until they feel you are fit to be on your own in society again. Being in the mental institute will be on your record and follow you for the rest of your life just like if you were put in prison. If I'm not mistaken you can't buy a firearm if you have been in a mental hospital.

lifesajoy
Umm - no. Typically - attempted suicide puts you in the loony bin until you are not suicidal any longer. It's not a crime to be mentally ill.....

jefro
Rating
5th of liquor, 60 trazadones, 15 tranziens, and crashed car. I wasn't but I don't recommend it. The world will just have to DEAL with me from now on no matter how much they don't want to.

India
Rating
Ummm, LOL!

CHRISTINA R
Rating
no i dont think so,its your body.chancrs are they will but you in a crazzy home.

bustinuplfn
good question
lol

francois
If by attempting suicide, you put people at risk (jumping in front of a train, opening gas valves in your house, and many more) you can be prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter.

kewtber
Rating
its unlikely, but yes it is against the law in the United States except in Oregon (and only if you meet certain criteria -see below) Most likely you would be hospitalized instead. If you meet certain criteria, if you have an intractable debilitating disease that is only going to continue to cause severe, unending pain and functioning and will lead to death anyway, by following certain protocol, you are allowed to partake in medically assisted, painless 'suicide' but only in Oregon. If you harm others via your means of suicide and survive you can also be charged for those you hurt or even property damage.

fighterace26
Rating
Great question,

I dont have an answer but this is a great question!

Kris L
Rating
Yes you can, if you 'attempt suicide' by 'throwing yourself off a bridge' or building, because you are 'littering' which is a 'crime' and has a relatively high 'money' punishment ... $500 in the state of Washington, and it's the same in California.

And I hate to say it, but 'committing suicide' is A CRIME in almost every state in the Union, because in many states it is very 'difficult' to prove 'insanity' bad enough to 'lock you up' for more than 72 hours (an 'investigation hold') but if you have 'committed a crime' they can actually 'hold you longer' (usually in a mental health hospital) to be sure that you are not 'sucidal' when you leave.

blu
Rating
If you attempt it yourself than no you can be charged with a breaking the law, although if you happen to hurt anyone in the process, unwillingly or otherwise and you survive you can then face manslaughter, murder, or grievous bodily harm charges. If you help someone else commit suicide than yes you can be charged with murder. Unfortunately suicide is a common thing these days and the most you could expect to face if you unsuccessfully try suicide is that you will be admitted to a psychiatric facility for a court ordered period of time or until they feel you are no longer a threat to yourself. If you are considering this than PLEASE seek help. Death is not the way out, the pain you experience now is nothing compared to the pain and confusion you will inflict on those who love and know you. Good luck.

Neima S
Rating
lol that is a goo question

lananoki2mahone
Rating
Generally no unless yuou are trying to escape punishment for another crime ( law #472 )

destiny r
Rating
no you can not .but you can be put away for 72 hours lock down
and if the Dr thinks you need to stay longer he can keep you Intel he thinks you can go

David M
Rating
It is a crime in my state, so yes you COULD be charged. As most of the others pointed out, it seldom is because the individual who attempted suicide is mentally ill and is hospitalized instead. The Courts would be loath to punish someone in that mental state unless their attempt endangered others--such as trying to kill yourself by driving head-on into another vehicle.

?
Rating
no you cant... but you can be put in a state mental hospital... and when that happens they will tell you when your free to go... unlike a jail where you serve a certain admount of time and is let off with good behavior.. you may stay in the hospital until your funding is cut off

tonalc1
In the U.S. suicide has never been treated as a crime. (Some states listed it on the books as a felony but imposed no penalty.) Curiously, as of 1963, six states still considered attempted suicide a crime--North and South Dakota, Washington, New Jersey, Nevada, and Oklahoma.

Doethineb
Rating
It was possible up to 1961. Before the entry into force of the Suicide Act 1961 it was a crime to commit suicide and anyone who attempted and failed could be prosecuted and imprisoned. However, it is still an offence to 'aid or abet' another person in taking their own life, and anyone who does this may face a maximum 14 years imprisonment.

Section 2(1) of the Suicide Act 1961:

A person who aids, abets, counsels or procures the suicide of another, or an attempt by another to committ suicide, shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.

txkathidy
Well technically, yes. But it's more likely the authorities will try to get professional help for someone who is unsuccessful in committing suicide.

So if you're thinking of trying it to impress someone how serious you are about anything - go ahead and try. you need help.

For all you dimglows who answered the question before me - suicide is against the law as is attempted suicide.

That Kid Zinc
actually you can but you would have to press charges on yourself so thats why it never happens.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy