Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Why do people argue for and against abortion?
The are alot of pro-life and pro-choice disscussion going on today and i would like to have a clear understanding of both positions. Why would women advocate the killing of a child? Why is it even a ...

Is Abortion always wrong?
I know most people think abortions are wrong but my friend was raped by her dad and got pregnant...she got rid of it by herself because she could get into a clinnic...should she of had an abortion if ...

I work 9 hour shifts - should I have paid breaks?
I work 9 hour shifts with no breaks (not even a lunch break) am I entitled to any paid rest periods?...

I heard that some lawyers cheat and lie to make money, is this true???!!!?

What do you think about abortion?
ok so I was watching Oprah and they were talking about how the governmant is trying to pass a law saying that if a chil 13 years or younger comes in to get an abortion the doctor has to notifie the ...

What if a paralyzed person comits a crime?
Been wondering about this...
Lets assume we have a person who is paralyzed from the neck down. He can talk, but can't move any of his body parts. If this person orders the murders of, lets ...

Would you shoot someone with a beebee gun (below waist) who breaks into your house?

Technically is sharing CD's in a household illegal?
and please no answers that just say 'share them anyway' or something along those lines please ...

If a seventeen year old is arrested for assault, should a newspaper print the persons name and full address?

What is the legal age when a mother can throw her son out of the house.?
he has broken her arm and was sent to a mental hospital by the police. he thinks he can return home but his mother will not allow it. hes 20. she is very scared of him. and she is scared that the ...

Why don't we enforce a rule that if people are on public assitance, they can't have any additional children?
People are free to do whatever they want, but if these people are on public assitance and are being supported by tax payers, wouldn't it be logical to say, "you can't support yourself ...

I've got James Blunt in the boot of my car, what should I do?

Are minorities dumber than whites?
The answer is yes, and I'm taking this from the Supreme justices when they were dealing with affirmative action way back when. What do you guys think about that ?...

What is the most amount of money you are legally allowed to keep in your home.?
I am fed up with the bank and have to care 24/7 for my sick Mother and am missing out on claiming certain benefits for her because of having savings. It seems to me that I am being punished for ...

My boss never asked me, But I have a criminal Background.... Any thoughts on what to do?
Ive been working in the firm for months now and well on my way up. I do have a criminal record and I am on probation right now.... Idk if I should tell her, Not tell her..... Idk if this can impact ...

A friend of mine is a postman and he's keeping items from his delivery that he thinks might be of value, so??
Do I tell someone?
Basically it's not crucial stuff like letters, just things that look like DVD's etc with labels like 'play.com' or 'Virgin' stuff like that. Also ...

What do i do my ex wife claimed our son on her taxes but he lives with me and i have custody of him.?

What are the laws about making a roomate move out?

Additional Details
It's in the state of Michigan and the roomate doesn't really pay rent. The roomate is the estranged girlfriend of a friend....

Sex in the car with curtains?
If two adults have sex somewhere in a car with curtains or drapes or whatever to cover the windows is that okay?
Additional Details
i asked if it's okay i meant is it legal? like if ...

Should the death sentence be brought back in the UK?????????????/?

Mrs. Kav
Can two people legally be buried in the same coffin?
Say for example, if a Husband and Wife died at the same time due to an accident, could their children request that they be buried together?

It may be comforting for the family to know they would be together.

Anyone have any idea? thanks xx

Show all answers
Post your answer

belairjr
Rating
Im sorry but this has to be one of the creepyest questions Ive ever seen asked.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

~Big Benz~
Rating
it would suck if i was still alive in a coffin with another person

Nathan S
Rating
Spare the poor guy, bury him separately.

Rob
Rating
well yea you can tell them that but no one does it rely

*VAMPTASIA.*
Rating
Yes Provided this Is all Set up and Clarified by Both People Before Death!

xXx nic tip xXx
Rating
legally they cant be buried in the same coffin incase they ever needed to be dug up to make it easier to identify you have to be in your own coffin, but you can be burried together in the sense that you can share a grave and what they do is just bury you ontop of each other or depending on the size of the plot they can bury you side by side. normally tho its ontop of each other!!! comforting to know!!!

rubybenubi
Interesting question and I haven't got a clue.

I would guess, however, that the mortuary selling the casket and the cemetery providing the plot might put the kibosh on it for reasons of profit. They'd probably say it wasn't ethical or something but the real reason would be the $$$$.

It might amount to a BOGO in their eyes. LOL!

jona{*preppy in pink*}
hmmm...
i don't think so
but they can be buried right next 2 each other in different coffins

HOPE I HELPED!!!

denco26
those two little kids last week that were killed by their father in Cheshire were buried in the same coffin ,so i would say yes you can legally

C V
Rating
Siamese twins?

Seriously, why not?

Reagan
Two grown adults would not fit together in the same casket. The casket comfortably fits only one person. We have, however, buried a child in the same casket as the parent in tragic situations. Take care!

s.j.compton@btinternet.com
Rating
They could be but would be a tight squeeze and who decides who goes on top ?

Ryans Nanna
Don't know if you could get a coffin the right size. Surely then you would have to have an extra wide grave, as you would want them side by side

boskony
I think it would be charming! Get an extra wide coffin, like for obese people, put 2 pillows, and they're married forever. I don't think this is creepy or weird at all. It's a great idea for 2 people who died together and they had a strong love for each other. Surely it was done in ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt, and I saw plaster impressions of families that died together at Pompeii. They died screaming and embracing each other with the dog curled in the middle.

dels replies
yes they can be. Was two children buried like this last week. sadly.. Problem might be with adults is getting a coffin large enough to accomodate two bodies. But can be done...

Sandra
Rating
Not in Wisconsin, but laws probably vary state to state. In 1970 my grandparents bought plots together. My grandfather, who was 31 years older than my g-ma, died in 1971. My grandmother remarried in the late 1970s. Her husband died around 1997 and was cremated. My grandmother kept his ashes. When grandma died in 2004 my mother wanted hubby number 2's ashes put in the casket with her. They wouldn't allow it. He is currently buried in a veteran's cemetery. Respectable, but not his wishes.

old know all
Rating
There are no legal problems (in English Law). However, you might start having problems finding an undertaker who will oblige, a coffin that's big enough and pall bearers who can manage the weight.

smedrik
it isn't uncommon for parent and child to be burried together, or two children.

I suppose the answer would be, if they fit, why not?

Doethineb
Rating
I have heard of mothers who died in childbirth being buried with their babies. I think that the whole business of burying two adults together would be impractical because of the weight. I had a very large friend who had to have an exceptionally large coffin made for him and it was quite a problem for the pallbearers to convey his body up and down the aisle. Even if you could persuade an undertaker to construct a special double coffin, there would remain the whole business of carrying the coffin to its last resting place with dignity and without injuring the pallbearers in the pricess. The normal practice for ensuring that people remain together is to bury the coffins in the same plot.

CLIVE H
Why not?

There are some strange rules about burial here in UK. If you are a big land owner and have acres to spare, you can actually be buried on your own land, so long as it does not cause leakage to any water course etc.

Cemetery & Crematorium - your choice Unpurchased or Public Graves are those where the City of London owns the Rights of Burial and unrelated people will be buried in the same grave. ...
http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/.../Community_and_living/Deaths_funerals_and_cremations/your_choice.htm

I appreciate that the next is a fat lot of good if you're living here in UK - for interest only. . . .

Magnolia Funeral Home, serving Tomball, Houston, The WoodlandsThis simply means that, for no extra charge, two people can be buried in the same grave space or two urns can be buried in the same urn space. ...
http://www.magnoliafunerals.com/

Maybe you should check grave yards where you live. There might just be a company or a church who will accommodate two buried in the same grave. . . .together forever. . . .

ohGr
It might not be against the law, but I am guessing it would be hard to find a double casket, or a funeral home that would accomodate the request as that means they'd be losing about $10,000. I'm sure they would instead suggest a side by side burial in seperate coffins.

Natasha B
Rating
Yes it is possible to bury people together they just make a bigger casket it costs more

mothers and children are buried together I don't see why this would be any different

therealmadea
Rating
not real sure - you may just want to call around to funeral homes in your area - I know two coffins can be put in the same grave site - but the 2-person coffin thing......not sure!

happycath
Rating
Yes I think so. It is sad, but I'm sure I read about two little children being buried in the same coffin recently... so I would guess it is legal.

sensible_man
The interior size of a coffin would make this difficult, if not impossible.

Amy l
I don't know if it is illegal or legal but a few months ago in Indiana two mothers and their young children were killed. When they had their funerals, one of the mothers and her 4 month old was buried in the same coffin with the mother holding the baby. It could probably be done but is there one big enough for two adults? It would be comforting to know that they were together so I don't think there is a problem

dontknow86
Rating
Last year there was a big fire in Bardstown Ky. It killed 10 people in the same family, They did put a set of twins together a mom and her child together as well so yes.

sean t
Whats creepy about this question then. wouldn't you love to buried with a love one

smm
Rating
i know (sadly) of two children who were buried together, as their parents didn't want them to be "alone"

i'm not sure if a husband and wife can be buried together, but there are extra large coffins/caskets out there and i imagine if they died at the same time, it wouldn't be a big deal to bury them together so it looks as thought they are sleeping/snuggling forever. not only would it be cheaper and more eco friendly (one plot, one non biodegradable casket, etc) it's kind romantic in sad way. if i died in a car accident with my husband, i'd want to be with him like this, not side by side in different caskets. i know i'd be dead so it shouldn't really matter, but...

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy