Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Who is to blame for the increasing lawlessness in society?

My nephew broke his arm at school -should his parents sue?
My 12 year old nephew broke his arm in PE class. It was the last lesson of the day. The PE teacher didn't take my nephew to hospital because he thought there was nothing wrong with his arm and &...

Rapists, What do u think their punishment should be?
It really gets to me how they get off so easy, is it that wrong to castrate them?? ok fair enough, human rights, what about in the long run when they get cured??

THERE IS NO CURE, if u ...

What do you think about people who are both against the death penalty and abortion?
I want to know what people think of these ...

Should Marijuana be legal?
what do you think?...

Put these reasons for executing murderers in your order of preference...?
If you agree with capital punishment, which of these do you rank as the most valid reason:
(A) It is cheaper than keeping them in prison for life.
(B) An eye for an eye.
(C) It is an ...

Does anyone think that marjuana should be illegal?
i think weed should be legal if tobbaco and alcohol are legal why not weed it has never killed anyone like alcohol you cant over dose on it and you don't get hang overs and it is not addicting ...

Should I sue Wal-Mart?
The other day I tripped over Wal-Mart's always cluttered aisles I was thinking of sueing just to prove a point that they need to be more organized and be more responsible. The good news is my ...

Should we legalise heroin?
come on its the 21st century the digital era, computers, mobile phones ect....but i cant legaly buy heroin from a shop the laws out of date its ridiculous, i have to break the law to buy it so i tend ...

Returning something to Wal-Mart without reciept?
I want to return a piano. I have the box and everything. Will they give me my cash back without a reciept?...

Say I order some Marijuana seeds from some site based overseas, will i like be arrested or what?
HELP ME!...

Is This Legal??!!!?
I work for a company and they are asking for "MANDATORY OVER TIME" and if you don't do the over time you can lose your job is that legal?...

What do you think my punishment will be?
well, im in 8th grade, and a couple of days ago, my friend got into a fight on the school bus, and i shot 9 seconds of it on video, whats really bad on my part, is that i kept showing everyone at ...

I've just really shouted at a 12 or 13 year old boy and now I feel terrible...?
I caught him writing on my fence in marker pen. I shouted "What the f**k do you think you're doing?" and then took his pen away. Now I feel terrible....

When kids go wrong?
Is it right to prosecute kids as adults?
Additional Details
kids meaning non ...

Can a bouncer physically remove me from a bar for wearing a white T shirt?
I was at a bar enjoying happy hour with some friends. I had a bouncer approach me and tell me, "sorry, but... we have a policy against wearing plain white t shirts... please but your coat on or ...

If a robber breaks into someone's home and the owner defends it, can the robber sue them?
Im just wondering cos I heard that thety could. If they can its terrible, but im not sure.
Additional Details
By the way, I live in the UK so can they sue there?...

If a person stepped in front of a speeding car?
What would your reaction be SAVE THEM OR BE DAMNED...

Do you support a new investigation for 911/ 02 ?
Top 5 reasons we need a new investgation: 1. Why Did Cheney have Air Force stand down, after knowing planes were "hijacked" ?2. WT7 (third building) was obviously a demolation, few fires, ...

If Man Walked on the Moon, Why has No-one Done It Since?
Drfoot asked....Who believes that man actually walked on the moon or who thinks it was one big hoax.?

For those who believe man did walk on the moon.....why has there not been a ...

ronniec_75401
Can a police tap your cellphone without a warrant?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Jazz Tiger
Rating
No. If they don't have a warrant they can look at your phone record retrospectively which can be used as evidence in a case against you.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Stewy J
Rating
yes....

patriot act

bella
if they have suspicion they can. it's so messed up

chevy.kevin
yes, The PARIOT ACT makes it legal, and phone companies are not held accountable, its a SCAM AGAINST THE PEOPLE

Damocles
Rating
Anybody can, unfortunately.

Cell phones (and cordless phones), legally, are considered to be like radios. Consequently, because your signals are broadcast, there is no expectation of privacy.

robert f
Yes cell phones are not tapped they are airwaves and anyone may listen into them.. sorry

StephB
Rating
Police - I don't think so, but the FBI and CIA are another story. Part of that whole "Patriot Act" thing.

Leo K
Rating
Depends on the reasons. If found out they should give a reason for doing this. In case and not u can take the legal steps to settle the issue by court of law.

Profeta_16
It all depends of the state, go check this website.

stanleys_2001
Rating
depends... if you're suspected of terrorism... then YES under the PATRIOT act.

MrJ
The police most likely cant, but I'm sure a anti terrorism or government protection group could.

Helios
Rating
Ya - that's what that stupid Patriot Act is for.

The Great Gazoo
Rating
If they have probable cause they can

mama4
Rating
not without cause

naz wants to bite you
Rating
no .. that illegal

{-_o}
Rating
nope, but under the patriot act the bush administration can.

DK
Rating
no

Skeptic
Rating
Yes. This has happened for many decades without court warant. Just remember that there is no security on phone lines. It's like talking on the street.

In theory, police need a warrant. In practice, the telephone supervisors are very obliging. Of course, recent laws have made such a practice legal under many circumstances.

Ben G
Rating
yup thats what they did to my dad when thatcher was in power

i sharpen
I'm thinking that would require JUST CAUSE. But stranger things have happened in our crooked society where law enforcement forgets the LAW and just FORCES their will upon American citizens.

But since we DO HAVE RIGHTS. Anything they recorded would have to be DEEMED "LEGALLY" ADMISSABLE IN A COURT OF LAW. That is where we can fight back.

dkapero
Rating
Not legally, and not that I care, because I'm not doing anything that makes me a terrorism suspect (regarding the Patriot Act). Anyway, even if your phone were tapped they'd need probable cause to convict you, and the DA wouldn't even bother with whatever it is they may have gotten you for.

~Annette~
Yes, they can. We have a friend that is a police officer, and he actually admitted to us, that he can sit in front of peoples houses...and hear everything that they say, on his police scanner that is in his car. And he isnt doing it intentionally.....we went and got one, and its true, if pple drive by and they are talking on a cell, it comes across a police scanner....
The laws are so screwed up...
So yes, i believe they will and can do anything they want...
I know that BUSH made a statement, about listening in on all of AMERICAS phone calls, to fight terrorism....and they do it ramdonly in different states....so yes,...i think they can do anything they want...
Although they do it...it doesnt make it right...huh?

Just be good...ok....be good...

Taz
there is much they do with out warrants, but the main thing is, any thing, evidence, they get can not be used against you, because its "invasion of privacy"

scottyisrude
Rating
Not legally. But there is a technology that allows anyone (cops included) to listen in on your blue tooth without you knowing it,

erogalinski07
Rating
they shouldnt, because thats invasion of privacy

Phil R
Rating
Federal law prevents local law enforcement from tapping your telephone, regardless of whether it is your cell phone or your land line, without either your permission or a warrant from a judge.

That being said, a wiretap warrant isn't all that difficult to get these days. If there isn't a warrant, then any information they obtain, and any information derived from that information *may* be excludable.

If you think this has happened, consult an attorney licensed in your state immediately for advice. For a referral, contact your local or state bar association.

whitefangz1
People seem to be confused about the Patriot Act here. The warrantless wire taps only extend to calls where the call is to or from a foreign country. It does not apply to domestic calls.
Police can not tap your phone without a warrant showing just cause for the wiretap. If they tapped the phone without a warrant, it would not be admissible in court. Any subsequent evidence they obtained as a result of the wire tap would also be thrown out as being "fruits of the forbidden tree."

Wateva
Rating
i suppose they can but it would be against the law

COTL
Would be a violation of due process and the privacy act of 1967 et al. Also a variety of other state a federal legislation.

So, as stated previously, no, not legally. Do they? All the time. But, since most if not all cell phone providers went digital about twenty years ago, it is a lot more difficult, and the equipment necessary is usually cost prohibitive, that is unless they know a good cell phone programer who can pirate the number.

Why do you ask? Because they have? Or, because you want to avoid it? If they have and you have evidence, file with federal court. If you want to avoid it, don't use a cell phone.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy