Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

A while ago my mates and I used wire clippers on the chains of the swings at the local playground...?
...and some kid fell when the chain broke and landed on a seagull and squashed it to death. One of my mates squealed on me and now I'm facing charges of cruelty to animals through negligence. W...

Is decapitation really the most painless form of execution?

I need help! Loaded gun in apartment?
Okay my husband signed a lease that says we can't have a loaded gun in our apartment. But what are we supposed to do for saftey? I sleep alone, cause he works nights. Having a loaded gun made ...

Are you in favour of the smoking ban that will take effect on 1 July 2007 in England?
From 1 July 2007, smoking will be prohibited in all pubs, clubs, bars, restaurants, theatres, cinemas, offices, shopping centres and other public places in England. Are you in favour of this?
P...

Is this a rasist statement?
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children....

Can you get a DUI on a Bicycle?

Why are cars not been taken off our roads? they polluting my lungs daily yet i have to stop smoking outdoors??
this is a total act of discrimination. i pay my taxes and am law abiding. this country is becoming a nanny state. i considering immigration as the best ...

A smoking ban on Tom and Jerry cartoons because someone was offended? stop the world and let me off!!?

Is it ethical for Rumfield to quit when he greated the mess?
I have been repeatedly told that he was not fired he quit
The President stated he Quit
Additional Details
I am not a L...

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of death penalty?

Do you keep a weapon in your bedroom to use incase of a night time intrusion?
I'm just wondering because I'v kept a baseball bat under my bed for about 2 months now, since I saw someone or something in the garden at 3AM.
It occured to me today that it probably ...

I got punched in the neck by a woman after I blew smoke and the wind blew it in her babies face. Good?
Overreaction on her part? Should I press charges? Hire a lawyer? She had at least 1 ring on fingers and it left a nasty scratch in addition to the pain and suffering to the punch. She is completely ...

3 weeks ago, I got a $40.00 ticket for not wearing my sealt belt. I feel that this law is not constitutional.?
If I choose not to wear a seat belt, I should have that right. If there were really serious, why don't they give tickets to bike riders that don't wear helmets. To me, it's just a ...

Do text messages stand in court?
My ex and I have been having some mean word over text about custody and child support because I am 20 weeks pregnant with his baby.

Well my ex apparently called my dad and talked to him ...

Do you smoke pot?
do you also think it is stupid pots illegal , while something as harmfull and a waste of time as alcohal isnt?? i think this is obsurd.
Additional Details
i dont smoke pot. actually but ...

Do you think drunk drivers should be jailed for their first offense?

Who and what is responsible for increasing incidence of terrorism in the world?

Do you think that gay marriage should be legal in america?

Why can't gay people get legally married in usa?
in usa there is supposed to be a separation of church and state, given this statement marriage is supposed to be a union of two people, being gay isn't a choice every one is supposed to be equal ...

Do you think USA should make cigarettes illegal?

gunitgrl627
Can a mother move a child out of state without the fathers consent?
the father pays child support and has her on the weekends the mother did this behind the fathers back with on notice

Show all answers
Post your answer

Whitey
Rating
In Indiana you must file a motion with the court. The father has a right to be present at the hearing.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Becky A
No the mother may not move the child out of state in this instance. The father could press kidnapping charges.

she_devil282000
no, you have to go through a court and have the father's permission in most cases

LO
Rating
It probably depends what state you are in. But if there is a court order that the father was weekend visitations. And if you leave the state he can report you to the DA and file against you for kidnapping. You will be in contempt and serious charges can be filed against you. If you want to legally move your child out of state you need to go back to court to request this. Chances are, depending how old the child is. The judge will order you to stay close enough so visitations are not interupted.

♥Brown Eyed Chef in Training ♥
Rating
not that i know of. because he has weekend visitations with his daughter she does not have full custody of the child. i would consult a lawyer immediately.

Patti D
I believe each case is different. Your best bet would be to contact the case worker assigned to this childs case. Good Luck!

cup_o_shina
Rating
Yeah she can get in trouble. Usually there is something within the custody battle that lets you know your boundaries as far as where you can move. If a mother moves the child without letting the father know, and he has partial custody too, that could almost be considered kidnapping.

stmmay87
Rating
If she has full custody then yea.

~♥sweetgirl♥~
I dont think so, call a lawyer

kimblueize34
YES SHE CAN, BUT IF YOU HAD KNOWN SHE WAS GOING TO MOVE BEFORE HAND THEN U COULD HAVE GOT A LAWYER TO STOP HER, NOW THAT SHE IS GONE THERE IS NOTHING THAT U CAN DO. I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY

Jennifer
Rating
It depends on what the custody agreement says. If he is paying child support, they should be a custody agreement outlining where she can and cannot take the child.

cammicam07
Rating
I think it is different for every state but I moved from Texas to Indiana and just told the Texas Attorney generals office, he has visitation rights, but he doesn't use them

zippythejessi
It depends on the conditions of the custody agreement. Some people have them to say that the custodial parent must live within a certain amount of miles, or the same county/town/state as the non-custodial parent. If there's nothing in the agreement saying the child can't leave the state, there's not a lot to do except go back to court.

jgcii
Go see the judge

Roadrunner58-79
NO!!!

Heart
If he does not fight it, then there is no problem. However, if he does, the mother will have to move back into the area in which the father lives and there could be some messy court proceedings to follow. It would be in the mother's best interest to sort custody out properly rather than acting without consideration of the consequences. .

Left the building
Rating
The terms are all contained within the divorce decree.

If it does not prohibit moving out of state, there is little or nothing you can do. It is unlikely a court will alter a decree once it has been accepted unless you can show a compelling reason for them to do so.

Laws vary by state and many states have enacted laws prohibiting custodial parents from leaving the court's jurisdiction (with the children) without approval, so you need to consult with your attorney for specific advice.

blue_sky_13_31
if there not married yes she can she have all the rights

I done it and talk to the courts about it and they told me the same thing he would need to take me to court and get DNA before he can have any rights
I just got out of court over my son and just found out if they live in a state for 190days then yes the dad have's rights
dont matter what state have to live there for 190days

ANGELa
OK, I've been sitting here trying to answer your question and I keep going into a long story about my personal experience, which I'm trying not to do, so I'm going to start all over, again. Laws are different in every state. You will need to a lawyer. You can probably do it without a lawyer, but for something this important, I am advising you to get one, a good one. You don't want any mistakes to be made. First of all, what kind of custody agreement do they have? -Sole, joint, what? If there are no formal custody agreements, first one to file is usually better off. Does he pay support through the courts, or is it an informal arrangement where he hands her some cash, or buys what she may need, without keeping any reciepts? Always pay by check, or some method where you can prove you made the payment. If he has her on weekends, was this informal, or through the courts? All this makes a difference. You can go through the courts and do something about it, if the other parent moves so far away, (don't want to tell you how many miles because I might remember it wrong.) they have to give you advance notification, to allow you time to disagree, and if you did, it would have had to gone through the courts anyway. My advice is to get a lawyer ASAP! I went through something similar, except I was the mother moving with my child. In my case he couldn't do anything about it, because he had caused some extreme circumstances that I won't go into here,If he's only doing it to harrass the mom and doesn't care about the child, let it go. But if he is a decent father who genuinely cares for his child, follow my advice.

t346468
Rating
if she has tottal custody

Richard H
the dad could probably go to court and request appropriate remedies

shadowman
Rating
No. Not legally without modification of the divorce decree.

Girl
as far as most states go, the parent who has custody would have to notify the other parent IN WRITING of the move.....but it really depends on the state......definitely contact an attorney.....

just me
it could depend on the state you live in but in indiana i believe it has to be taken to court first so visitation and child support can be set up if it is done without notice i believe it is about the same thing as abduction. but you will want to check with your states law to find out for sure

Unique
Rating
Yes, if she has sole custody. However, father must have current address.

Breanna V
it depends on what State the Order is filed through...let me know and i can answer further

weofui
In most cases, no. The father needs to file paperwork with the courts that state he's being denied his approved custody.

?
Rating
i don't know if this answer is exactly what you're searching for, but just in case, I'd like to share an experience with you. My daughter went through a custody battle (the father took her to court) & she lost her children to the father... simply because she had moved out of state. I don't know if other states are doing it, but the judge here in Alabama ruled according to the new law that was passed>>> the parent who moves out of state loses the child, the parent who remains in the state gets the child... You may want to check & see if the law applies in whatever state the mother and/or the father of the child live in.

eliannfar
She can, but she will be in trouble for it and will most likely be forced to pay the expenses of sending the child to visit the father.

Cool Hacker
I'm not living in states, but i think yes. I recommend to use Yehoo search.

thylawyer
It depends, first, on what the judge's order says, if anything, about it. Then it depends on state law, and you don't say what state.

In general, if the mother has to move out of state to get or keep a job or to be near persons she needs for support, she would be granted permission, but she should ask for it.

Arrangements for continued visitations would be a crucial part of any proceeding.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, November 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy