Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

Do police treat people the same?
Hell ...

Is this illegal, or just wrong?
If you borrow a book from the library and claim you lost it, then pay for it but keep the book without them knowing you've still got it. Is that illegal, or just wrong?
Additional Details

Question about lol sex?
Is it called rape if you do it with someone over 18 and your under 18 and like around 15. Why would it be rape if you invite the person over and want it i thought rape these days was like someone ...

Should theology play a role in abortion law?
Obviously, Christians, and other religions, are against abortion. So why is it legal?...

What can I do to help this poor family who can barely afford to feed their kids?
I am a legal assistant for an attorney in Georgia.

I know of a client who is in dire financial straits. He is in bad health. He just had a terrible seizure, and bit through his tongue. He ...

Should we be entitled to free health care as we're entitled to free public education ?

Is is legal for me to post a sign at my store that says that I can't help those who don't speak English?
I simply know English. I don't know Spanish, French, or German. I know English. Someone who comes into my store that speaks any language other than English is impossible for me to understand. T...

Legal Smoking Age in California?
Ive heard many sides of the story to this , but whats the smoking age in California? Not the buying age , but when can you smoke and not get in trouble from the law....

In which state has the highest death penalty.?

Can a check be cashed without your permission?
OK so me and my girlfriends are looking at apartments to move out. She had gone and looked at one without me and after going and looking at it I found that it was definately not to my liking. She ...

Could my boyfriend go to prison for statutory rape?
My boyfriend and I slept together for the first time and I became pregnant. It has gotten to the time where I have tell my parents and I just know they are going to press charges. We live in the UK ...

Should bacon and pork be banned now we know it causes cancer?

Additional Details
chris, i think when people go to the beach they dont eat the ...

The smoking ban divide & conquer?
The smoking ban has nothing to do with health.
It is about control of the masses also divide & conquer.
It has been introduced in a lot of countries.
It stinks of (New world ...

If I bought an item off ebay that clearly said no returns- items sold as faulty, can I get a refund at all?
the ebay listing said that the items look in good cosmetic condition..although he did say he was selling them as faulty as they were untested..it also said no refunds, but is there any way i can get ...

Why is cannabis illegal yet alcohol is freely available??
i want to know why a harmless herb like Cannabis is portrayed as the most evil thing in the world in the UK right now while we continute to promote and sell alchohol, which kills tens of thousands of ...

Should there be a maximum driving age?
Another debate. Need a LOT of opinions for statistics of my own....

Is it legal to have a fruit machine in your place of work?
My MD has just bought a fruit machine and has put it in our office, for people to use. Is this legal?
Additional Details
We just wanted to make sure, because I thought you had to have a ...

I know marijuana is illegal is California, but is purchasing a glass pipe online illegal too?

How many people in the UK would bring back the death penalty if they could?

Don't you think women like this shouldn't be allowed to have children?
I mean if a woman has been proven to abuse one child, wouldn't you think she should not have more kids?

http://www.chron.com/dis...

Brandon M
Can I take Someone to Court?
Can I take someone to court for making lies about me and my girlfriend. Im 20 years old and there is someone I know that is runing around telling my friends and family that i have a S.T.D and i dont. So can I take them to court?? Plzz. HELP ME!!!

Show all answers
Post your answer

Kevin Kettell
Rating
Its your cashola , I dont see why you couldnt. In a law sense, assault is a crime of words. Battery is a crime of physical force. Even a tap. But assault is if you get yelled at. Theres your start.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

katie
Rating
yes's it's called slander and you can sue!

rick d
Rating
Need proof in video or quoted print to prove slander.

NOPE

Bandit
If you know who is doing this why is it allowed to continue ? Consult an attorney or join a boxing gym.

Slipping
Rating
court isn't the answer. something like this happened to me & my BF once. Just assure your friends and family that you do not and that you plan on confronting this person about why they are spreading these rumors. And then try to talk to them about it.
In the end, they'll end up looking like the jerks.
And PS- you could always go to the doctor to prove that you don't.

evilattorney
Rating
Unless you can prove significant monetary damages, no attorney will take the case.

la belle dame sans merci
Rating
yeh under defamation. the onus is on you to prove that she did in fact do it and that it did in fact affect your life and the way you are viewed

queenE
Rating
sure you can sue it's called libel and or slander one is spoken the other is written.hard to win if only spoken unless it has totally ruined you.remember casey anthony who said she left her baby caylee with that babysitter and she ran off with her child.well she is suing casey anthony'for libel and slander as it ruined her reputation..don't forget to sue them for all their money.

Brydon
Somebody call CSI, we got another cold one down here!

xxcutielou
Rating
No.. unless they are documenting this in some way, you don't have any proof. And is it even worth it? It would cost more to take them to court then what you would get in return. What would you want the courts to do? Throw them in jail? That wouldn't happen. The most that would happen is a charge for slander or defamation, which results in a fine, but beyond that, nothing. If they threaten you in any way, you can get a restraining order, but this seems like a hassle to take someone to court for "rumors".

BARBIE
Rating
Um..No i don't think you can take someone to court. But you can definitely prove them wrong by getting tested and then slapping them in the face with the results. People are gonna be idiots so its up to you to be better than them and rise above the drama and there immature ways! As long as you know your clean forget what they say! I really hope they get what they deserve because karma is something serious. Good luck with everything it definitely has to be nerve racking when the rumors are false..Keep your head up.. Things always have to be bad before they get any better.
Take Care

K W
Rating
What 'damages' has this caused you financially? If none, then no case. If damages, you have a case, but would have to prove to the judge that you do not haven any types of STDs.

Another Way to See it
You could try, but doubt that you would win. You'd have to prove your reputation was damaged and suffered financial losses because of the lies

Kid A
Sounds like slander. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do. It's just heresay and gossip. It's not the same as Tom Cruise suing the Enquirer for publishing false information since they would be damaging his reputation (which is essentially his product) in order to make a profit.

This person (as far as I know) has not published this information so it's word against word. Lets pretend though that for some reason it went to court. You would need to prove that this is somehow causing you financial or emotional distress. Even then, what would you want the judge to do? They wouldn't really be able to enforce any judgment that would stop the person from speaking. First Amendment protects freedom of speech.

Go get tested and show them your clean bill of health if you're so worried about your rep. Or, just tell everyone that he had sex with his cousin.

Incest always trumps VD.

RyRo<3
Rating
In order to sue someone for slander, you have to prove that they're causing you financial or personal loss. Contact a lawyer.

Zach
You would have to prove that their actions are causing you to lose something financially. More than likely this isn't the case and you won't win anything.

CE
Rating
yes it's defamation. civil court! call a lawyer and ask how to go about it, or a free legal advice hotline

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy