Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law & Ethics
Legal Discussion Forum

What do you believe makes police officers susceptible to drug-involved corruption?

Copyright question (image)?
Hi , everyone,

I have a question about copyright.

Because it is too difficult to understand.
The article below is on the assumption that the pictures mentioned are used

When a teacher becomes admin. for a day when admin. is absent who is ultimately responsible for decisions made?

What is the meaning of MYLEGS in business law terms?

Should all pro-lifers have to sign up to be foster parents?
If you dont want abortion to be an option, and mothers dont want the children that you so desperately want to save, shouldnt you open your home to them?...

Can I receive unemployment if I was let go because of something they found in my background check?

How does alcohol play into statutory rape laws?
i know 16 is the legal age of consent in Ohio but i thought there was an addition to the law that said it was also illegal for an 18+ person to have sex with a minor that is 16+, if the minor is ...

Please settle an argument, is safe or legal for a woman to have an abortion in the 5th month?

Death threats frm a girl at my school?
well i told the principal today & im pretty sure shes getting expelled
but were 8th graders so shes going to the same high scool as me and shes psycho!! i dont wanna go to the high school ...

Need Divorce Help Quick?
My sister is trying to get a divorce from her husband and hes not returning her calls or emails.

What can she do to make sure he shows up at any court to get started.
At the moment ...

What happens when all estate money is spend and there is a bond? how long does it take to get the money back?
My brother was appointed administrator to my father's estate, he spent all the money which was around $70,000. there was a corporate surety bond on the estate by an insurance and or bond company....

Highly media publicised cases that affected the case outcome?
anyone know any cases that gained so much high media publicitiy that it in a negative or positive way affected the outcome of the trial

i need around 10
to get the ball starting here ...

Should all Peodophiles be given the Death penalty ?

Where can i report or get some information if an employer is not paying its employees on time?
here is the situation...this company was supposed 2 pay its employees twice a month...but they made some changes and now they are going two pay once, at the end of the month...so they were supposed ...

If two people are in a lease then one leaves is this considered breaking a lease.?
ok, I had a roommate that moved out and I am paying the full rent currently, was her moving out considered breaking the lease. What happen when I want to get another roommate if there is a no ...

How many men died from the death penalty?

Can you be a legal guardian of a child in another state?

Additional Details
My friend gets abused by her family and would like to know some of the details on becoming ...

Legal Name change in CA? complicated!!!?
i was born in russia with a name that has been changed since i got adopted to the US, so now my name is different. i wish to change it back to the original name that i was given at birth. is this ...

Is it legal for someone to segregate their business?
Is it legal for someone to racially segregate their business by customer? (I know you can't by employment). Please indicate which law makes it illegal....

How do i write a settlement letter ..without a lawyer?
i would like to write a letter to the dealer for harrasment.
im just a customer, and want to see if they will settle with me with out going through a lawyer.
what do i need to do?...

B.I.G.
Arkansas law advice need for a pregnant teen?
In arkansas is a 17yr old emancipated, and therefore able to move out of their guardians home, upon having a baby?
if you do not know do you know were i can find a clear answer to my question? or know what procedure are need to go through for said person to gain emancipation rights?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Windy
Rating
Legally, until you are 18, your parents are responsible for you. You can have yourself emancipated at 16 if you can prove you are able to take care of yourself and go to school. Child services won't touch you at 17 even though technically they are supposed to. Here is a site that has info that may help you out.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Michael H
Rating
No, pregnancy does not immediately emancipate you, nor does childbirth. It does give you some rights regarding health care issues etc, but you are still a minor.

The emancipation process can be lengthy enough, and difficult enough that at 17, I would just wait the next year out and then move on.

In order to become emancipated, as a rule, you have to go before a judge and show him three main things.

1) that you can financially care for yourself on your own, that means pay the rent, utilities groceries etc, on your own. Not living with a friend, not living with a relative, on your very own.
2) You have to have a good reason. I want to live with my bf/gf, I hate my parents, my parents rules suck are NOT good enough.
3) as a rule, your parents have to agree to it.

Tracey K
Arkansas Code: 9-27-362. Emancipation of juveniles.

(a) A petition for emancipation may be filed in a circuit court by the attorney or the attorney ad litem for a juvenile who is in the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services pursuant to a dependency-neglect, dependency, or family in need of services case.

(b) The petition shall be served along with a notice of hearing to the juvenile's parent, legal guardian, or legal custodian.

(c) The circuit court has the authority to emancipate a juvenile in a dependency-neglect, dependency, or family in need of services case.

(d)(1) The court may emancipate the juvenile after a hearing on the petition if the petitioner shows by a preponderance of the evidence that:

(A) The juvenile is at least seventeen (17) years of age;

(B) The juvenile is willing to live separate and apart from his or her parent, legal guardian, or legal custodian;

(C) The juvenile has an appropriate place to live;

(D) The juvenile has been managing or has the ability to manage his or her own financial affairs;

(E) The juvenile has a legal source of income, such as employment or a trust fund;

(F) The juvenile has health care coverage or a realistic plan on how to meet his or her health needs;

(G) The juvenile agrees to comply with the compulsory school attendance laws; and

(H) Emancipation is in the best interest of the juvenile.

(2) The court shall consider the wishes of the parent, legal guardian, or legal custodian in making its decision.

(3) If the juvenile has an attorney ad litem, the court shall consider the recommendation of the attorney ad litem.

(e) An order of emancipation has the following effects:

(1) The juvenile has the right to obtain and consent to all medical care, including counseling;

(2) The juvenile has the right to enter into contracts;

(3) The juvenile has the right to enroll himself or herself in school, college, or other educational programs;

(4) The juvenile has the right to obtain a driver's license without consent of a parent or other adult so long as the juvenile complies with the remaining requirements of the driver's license law;

(5) The juvenile's parent, legal guardian, or legal custodian is no longer legally responsible for the juvenile;

(6) The juvenile may still be charged with a delinquency and prosecuted in juvenile court;

(7) The juvenile may not marry without parental permission pursuant to § 9-11-102;

(8) The juvenile is not relieved from compulsory school attendance;

(9) The department is not relieved from the responsibility of providing independent living services and funding for which the juvenile is eligible upon request by the juvenile;

(10) Child support orders are not terminated but may cease upon entry of an order from the court that issued the order of child support;

(11) Until the juvenile reaches the age of majority, the juvenile remains eligible for federal programs and services as a juvenile;

(12) The juvenile is not permitted to obtain items prohibited for sale to or possession by a minor, such as tobacco or alcohol;

(13) The juvenile remains subject to state and federal laws enacted for the protection of persons under eighteen (18) years of age such as the prohibition against a juvenile's obtaining a tattoo; and

(14) No statute of limitations is affected.

History. Acts 2005, No. 1990, § 19.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, October 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy