Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Can they do this?
okay so yesterday im on my way home from work and a state trooper pulls me (florida highway patrol).....i wasnt doing anything wrong but he pulled me and said my window tint was too dark!....so he ...

Is it rude to yell "Sooooweeeeee pig pig pig!" at a police officer?

Additional Details
Trollbus- One day you'll remove the stick from your butt and learn to laugh at questions that aren't meant to be taken seriously....

Im talking to a serial killer help?????
Im currently talking to a serial killer on msn and im not joking he's talking about molesting his little kids 3 and 7, raping girls and boys under the age of 14. Im gonna continue to talk to him ...

Should school be compulsory??????

Why Do Cops have such $hi*@y attitudes?
Why do cops always act like they are the next thing to God? I swear 99% of cops I know are total jerks. Why is that?
Additional Details
O.K., to set the record straight...I'm not ...

Are cops too stupid to find real jobs?
like stuffing your carcass with donuts & writing traffic tickets for trivial infractions qualifies as a "job"...

Is it illegal to call 911 while driving?
Because it is illegal to make a call while driving....

Can u go to jail for punching a guy in the face?
How long in jail and/or whats maximum fine......

Im gonna become a vigilante....are you with me??
All you need is a balaclava!...

If your an out of state driver can the police ask for proof of insurance when pulled over?

What do you consider proper punishment for a convicted child molester?

This crazy woman threatened to kill my 12 year old son, he is very scared. called law, they said not a crime?

How do Police Officers get their uniforms so stiff?

Is there such a thing as a successful criminal?
I just read Black Chameleon Memoirs, which chronicles the life of a successful criminal. This story is suppose to be based on a true story, but I really wonder if someone can really do all the things ...

Are You For Or Against Capital Punishment - Why?
If Don't Know What It Is....
It is when you kill someone for a crime they have done like;
Electric chair
insert poison

Are most policemen dishonest?
i've had one or two brushings with the law for minor driving offences and found them to be dishonest, rude and offensive....

Do you feel that Prisoner's should have no rights at all?
Believe it or not, there are many men and women in prisions all over the USA that were either wrongfully accussed and sentenced or just didn't have enough money to obtain a good lawyer to fight ...

If you are convicted of a felony, will it be on your record forever? or will it go away from your file?

I was over the limit when police stop me,will i ban from driving even though it was my 1st offence?
i was drinking some wine at home,then after i drove out with my car . i was stop by the police and ask to do a breath test and the result shown that i was 0.4 percent over the limit. will i be ban ...

Have you ever been tased by the police?

Fire Side Water Side
Will law enforcement come to your house to get you is you have a bench warrant in another state for a felony?
Felony is for forgery in the state of Nevada (205.090). Just trying to figure out if my son's father will be headed to prison. I have wanted to move out of state for a while now and I have only stayed because my ex is a great father. However, if he is going to prison for 4 years (which is the sentence that was previously suspended.) Then, I will make the preparations to move out of state. He is in Arizona now. I know that typically a person would be arrested for warrants resulting from traffic violations and minor infractions, but this is a felony and I want to know if it is likely that Nevada will come and get him.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Aaron K
hells yeah they will come and get you

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Lenora S
yes they will send the state police up here to find him

Jerry M
Rating
yes. they will come get him and you never know when it will happen.

baby girl 101
Rating
well they very well could and may come and get him if thats the case then i would go ahead and move

James Boroznoff
Rating
Yes, he can be arrested in another state.

What might surprise you is that it was a felony, so the FBI may arrest him instead of a state trooper.

IF in fact a state trooper was arresting him, he/she would need permission to enter a foreign state, or he would contact the suspected state the suspect is in.

The FBI ont the other hand, may arrest anybody in the UNited States. Since it is a felony, I would expect the FBI to make the arrest.

mattystolz
Nevada can not come and get him. If he is in Arizona the only way he will get jailed is if he:

1. Commits a crime in Arizona, gets booked, and then his priors will be found from other states.
2. Has current warrants or marks on his record in Arizona and is simply pulled over or somehow gets his info ran by a cop.

Most of it will be jail time, he wont see a prison for forgery in Nevada. Nevada has some strict, wack *** laws which has resulted in an overburdened prison system. His crime wasn't violent so it is not worth the money to imprison him.

He has to get his sh** together though if he has a kid.

gargoyle
Rating
From personal experience: They wont seek him out, they will wait for him to make a mistake. If he gets pulled over for a simple traffic stop, he's screwed.Happened to me. Now a friend of mine in Conn. has warrants in Cal from 1991 for Ag. assult. He's been pulled over 4 or 5 times, each time the warrant shows up, he's detained, they call Cali. Cali. says they arent coming that far to get him and he's released. They said If he crosses old Miss. and gets pulled over, he's toast

Jade
Yeah. They will call the officials of whatever state you are in and they will get authorization and a warrant to come get him. Sorry =[

Adella M.M
Rating
this is a tricky question, I would suggest that you call the Nevada Court House and ask to talk to someone who can give you the right answer. dont worry about why someone who seems like a good father can also be a fugitive from the law.the one most important thing that you should focus on is staying close to your family so that your child will know that they are loved by aunts,uncles,cousins,and grands. I'm sure that you can be the best role model that you know how to be.!

Radar4925
Rating
It depends if the jurisdiction in which the warrant originated wants to pay the costs of extradition. Sometimes its just not worth it. Moreover, forgery, being a non-violent offense, the chances of being extradited are very slim. He is more likely to get picked up on the warrant if he is stopped by police and the jurisdiction in Nevada has entered him into the NCIC system as wanted...then he may be extradited. Then again, he may be arrested as a fugitive and they decline extradition and let him go. As far as police showing up at your house for a forgery in another state...from personal experience in law enforcement...I doubt it. But I cannot guarantee it.

John
Rating
The only way they will come out of their jurisdiction to apprehend your husband is if they have substantial evidence of his location and whereabouts.

EnglishDenis
He had better not answer the door

remowlms
Rating
Given how busy most agencies are, it is unlikely that they will go out of their way to find him and pick him up. However, if he is stopped for a traffic violation or his name run through the system in some other way, he will be arrested and Nevada will have him extradited back to serve his prison term.

Nightrider
You raise some other questions here. Is he legally out of his home state or did he move to escape prosecution? If that is so, he is also now considered a fugitive from justice with fleeing and eluding. If your local law enforcement gets his address is requested by Nevada to arrest him, one trip will be made to his listed residence and after that a BOLO (Be On Look Out) will be issued. At that point, the computer will red tag his name and if he is ever stopped for anything ( traffic ticket, etc.), he will be arrested on the spot. The issuing state has 72 hours to let Arizona know if they will pick him or extradite.

Heather Honey
bench warrants can only be exercised if you are pulled-over or arrested for another matter. they cannot come to your house for a bench warrant. now a regular warrant is a different matter. if he has a warrant out for him for a felony matter, i doubt it's just a bench warrant......the clerk's office for the county he is wanted in may be able to tell you if he has a bench warrant as opposed to a regular warrant.

Mordi
Rating
more than likely --- YES.
For minor insidences i would probably shrug it off and tell him just to stay out of Nevada again -- but even with minor things like that, if they avoid it for too long they will come and get him, so with a *felony* especially one like forgery -- I'd say start getting yourself together to move.

He may be a great father, but he's gotta pay for his mistakes and you shouldnt hold yourself or your son back just to hold on to that dream -- if he is a great father now, then hopefully he will learn from this and be an even better father and person in general when he gets out and make the effort to be that great dad even after you move.

additional note:: to the 5 years legal secretary -- it may be different from state to state, but I have witnessed and even had friends be picked up at home for *bench* warrants, not solely being pulled over or served on another matter, so it is highly likely that they will come after him, especially it being a felony. I'd say get prepared, it will more than likely happen.

JA in SC
Well, they have to be extradited to Nevada which is something that could always happen. Unfortunately it might not happen for a decade or it could happen next week.

Hope that helps in your decision, but to me if it is worth staying where you are because of the ex, then I don't think anything has changed in that situation until they come to get him.

Sir Poops-A-Lot
Rating
yes... AZ will know about his warrants, and for most felonies Nevada will have him extradited

Kevy
Rating
The state will not actively seek his arrest, BUT if he is involved in anything where his name is taken by peace officer, the record will show from NCIC and he will be detained until the originating agency decides what to do with him.

TeCh N9ne
well since its a felony its a state crime! therefore if any felony warrents are issued all the cops arrest you on site! they will try to find you even if you move to another state but most likely on his ID and license it would say that he has a warrent if they punch in his license #! and he cant get a new one! basically he is just stuck!

You bet if they know where you are, they will come for you.

J.R.
Rating
Depends on many factors. Most likely he will be pulled over for speeding and they will get him that way. If you are worried about the Police kicking the door down, I wouldn't.

seeitmiway32
If it's a federal charge, then yes.
If it's a state charge, it depends upon extradition agreements in the two states.

Freethinker
For a felony? You bet your ***.

G is for Grover
i don't know if they will, but they certainly should!!

A blank!
Rating
Yes they will extradite you for a felony and can use a no knock warrant and charge the people you are staying with with housing a fugitive another felony.

topher5984
Rating
You bet your *** they will

james F
they will not actively search for him but if he gets in any trouble it will come up when they run his name

crazzijimsmith
if he is picked up for anything ticket, misdemeamor, or even a traffic stop the active warrant will show up and he will be arrested. but they do not actively seek out non violent offenses. if he was in nevada now they do actively seek out in state felony warrants

lpdhcdh
It will depend. When a warrant is issued, the type of extradition is listed. Many traffic infractions are county only, most felonies are state-wide, and some felonies are nationwide extradition.

So it will depend on whether the warrant is extraditionable from Arizona to Nevada. If so, do the authorities in Nevada know where he is? If they do, expect for a knock on the door. Police Departments have whole teams dedicated to catching wanted felons...

Sooner or later your ex will have to take care of this...

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy