Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

If local police come in your house and arrest you do they need statements?

What do i have to do to become a police officer?
im 21 years old and right now im a stay home mum . i have yr 10 pass at high school. what would i have to study educational wise to be on my way of becoming a police officer. is there any courses i ...

How can i go about asking a cop what he's doing on private property without him thinking im being a butt?
so there's cops always parked at my church. (i live in the boonies) and theres a big sign at each end of the driveway. that states PRIVATE DRIVE. but they always park there. i really don't ...

Pay for speeding ticket?
wat is the cheapest way to pay for a speeding ticket? I live 2 hours from the court and they sent me a bill that i have to pay 400 plus traffic school but i wonder is it the same price if i go there?<...

California Traffic Courts ~ Mandatory Court Appearance for traffic Citations?
I have heard of a few instances where a driver cited with a traffic violation (example: California Vehicle Code Section 22348.b ~ Exceeding 100 mph on a highway) is required to appear before a Judge ...

What are the legal implications of being arrested while tripping?
What basis does a police officer have to arrest me after consuming a psychedelic drug, yet having no contraband or paraphernalia. Like, say, i take some acid and go to the park. I get accosted by ...

Questions on the police academy?
do you sleep there? or go home after each day?

what workout can you do 2 prepare for the academy?...

California selt belt ticket cost?
Im 20 and I got a selt belt ticket yesterday. Im from the murrieta temecula area (which is near san diego). It's my first offence ever....how much should my ticket be??...

Questions about juvy..?
More specifically, womens/girls juvy.

Do you have a cell mate?
How much time do you get outside of the cell?
Are you forced to eat in a cafeteria? or can you eat in your cell?

What is the best way to handle a no bond felony warrant?
I am in the state of Texas and was put on probation for felony theft (stupid I know...trust me I regret it). I got behind on my fees because I wasn't working and my probation officer reported ...

Why do so many people want to get others in trouble, or start things?
So many people out there today are either sue happy or purposefully want to make other people's lives harder, or get them in trouble or what not.

Why are people like this!??!

I was issued a ticket for red light violation, which I was going through a yellow light, instead?
Is it worth it to go to court or simply pay the fine? The ticket is issued at Deklab county, Georgia....

I have a restricted license from a DUI in VA. What trouble can I get in by driving to places other than work?

I want to become a cop what is the correct route for me?
im 17 years old (male) from Los Angeles and i want to know what do you guys think is the best route for me to become a police officer,
i was thinking of joining the army then become a police ...

Do vosa fine you for speeding?
I was driving yesterday and was doing a little bit over the speed limit. i saw the van driving at me from the opposite direction with a camera on its roof, the car had passed me before i had chance ...

If a person is charge with drink driving but no summons has not been issused after 1 year what can happen?

Any deputies/officers opinions on my termination?
May 08 my soon to be ex, used to threaten to "call my work" if I wouldn't sign off on our divorce. She used blackmail so much that I couldn't deal with it. One day, she called my ...

Are Bounty Hunters in NY are allowed to carry Guns?

What can happen if someone gets accused of sexual assualt but no one can prove it?

Stun gun protection? I NEED EVERYBODY'S HELP PLZ?
hi guys dont get bored from my long question, its really fun.

Today (1 hour ago )was a strange day for me, i was coming back from work ,because of last night accident ,i went ...

jr
Will i be disqualified from a police explorer program for smoking weed?
i just filled out an application for joining the program and one of the questions on there asked if i have ever taken any illegal drugs without a prescription and i said yes. i smoked weed a total of six times in my life, the last time being 6 years ago. will i get automatically rejected? i live in southern california btw. thanks to all who answered.
Additional Details
i know that it's not in my system anymore but will they look down on me and offer my spot to someone else?i heard that i should just be honest and let fate take care of the rest.

Show all answers
Post your answer

lone butcher Spartan remembers
Rating
I know a kid who was a police explorer, he said any drugs ever disqualified. But that's in my area.. so I don't know about you. You should at least try.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

El Scott
This probably won't DQ you. It was a six times with the last time being six years ago. You are hardly a big time stoner.

pickedon
law enforcement around the country needs people like you! many officers need to chill out.

if you get a test, yes.

Johnny M
In this, as in all situations, honesty is always the best policy. If you lie now, you may eventually get caught, and then you will really be screwed!

Johny boy1112
Above the influence.

Kevin S
Rating
you can smoke weed every day of you life, stop for 3 months, and then be able to pass any drug test just the same as if you had never smoked

Ryan
that does not automatically disqualify you, just looks bad.

I was just accepted into the San Diego Sheriffs Department academy starting early May and although I dont have that problem (never done drugs), It stated within the last 3 years have I ever.

After that it is looked down on, but does not disqualify you. Good luck, and dont do it again or you will be out.

Their backgrounds are extensive, I started in August and just finished a few weeks ago. Don't lie about anything, they will give you a lie detector test.

opinionator
Rating
If you are paranoid don't tell them you ever smoked it. You WILL pass any test it's been way more than long enough for it to be completly out of your system.

stanleys_2001
Trust me it's OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM by now.

WorkerBee
Rating
I really hope you are not disqualified.

But in my experience, your app will be sent to the bottom of the pile...behind all of the people who did not admit to smoking weed regardless of whether or not they smoked it.

good luck, I'd like to hear if you get accepted.

Sparky
Six years ago probably won't disqualify you.

Eysha 1
Rating
Well I think that they mite look as you as being honest and you are clean.

Another Way to See it
Rating
They are looking for your honesty and I doubt smoking 6 yrs ago is enough to keep you out.

lalapaloozaaa
you answered honestly. they probably will respect that. if you lied, you may have gotten away with it was it was 6 years ago so it's long out of your body. but a lot of people probably lied on the app. and put no. if you are qualified, i don't think they will care. we all do stupid things.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, December 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy