Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Why do cops pull out all the stops when one of their own are assulted or shot?
I have some very good friends who are police officers, but recently in the Orlando area a man shot and killed a officer. They shut down an entire county to find the killer and eventually shot and ...

How do you report someone to the police?
I know a person who sells drugs at my school and I want to keep my school safe. How can I alert the police?...

Is it true that if you ask someone if they're an undercover cop they have to tell the truth?
If an undercover cop is posing as a drug dealer or prostitute or something and you ask if they're a cop, do they have to tell the truth? I've heard all kinds of answers, just kind of ...

What do you think of the eleven year old girl who got arrested for bringing a steak knife to school?
A 10-year-old Florida girl faces felony weapons charges after bringing a small steak knife to school to cut up her lunch, according to a report on WFTV.com.
School officials say the Ocala 5th ...

How can someone call themselves pro life if they are for war and the death penalty?

Additional Details
More innocent people have died in Iraq than enemy fighters. Innocent people are put to death. Sometimes abortion is necessary to save a mother's life. If ...

What do you have to do to get a lie detector test?
Anything serious?...

Do POLICE HAVE TO MUCH POWER SHOULD WE STOP IT?

Do you trust the cops?

If you were told to go door to door and confiscate guns would you do it?
even though we have the 2nd amendment but you were ordered to go against the bill of right would you do it?
Additional Details
i read about the washington dc gun confiscation done by the ...

My husband argues that wearing a seatbelt kills more people than not wearing one, I disagree, what do you say?

How can I separate from my dad and step-mom?
ok i want to live with my mom and her girlfriend in oklahoma but my dad is stubborn and refuses to allow me to move.

My mom said that she can't help me and that my sister and I need ...

What do most cops do with the pot they confiscate but don't arrest the person or give them a ticket?
I've had pot taken and not gotten arrested or been given a ticket. This has happened twice and both times it was really good pot. The one time I got cuaght with cr*ppy pot they wrote me a ...

Why should we have gun control?

Additional Details
Thank you so much!!!
I needed this for a state required paper!...

After yesterdays police raids in London, how much will my next supply cost me.?

Should drunk or high drivers be sent to Death Row if they ran over someone?

Would I get in trouble if I brought a gun to school?
It wouldn't be loaded or anything....

When is the Government going to WASTE some money on cutting gun crimes?
As they do on radars and all sort of wonderfull expensive gadgets for watching the motorists, It is now becoming every day habit to see a young child SHOT by other kids, If it was a car driver he / ...

Why do the police show up on scenes which aren't theirs?
Why do police show up at serious injury scenes and house fires?

Those scenes belong to the paramedics and/or the fire brigade, even if neither happened as a result of criminal activity ...

Wallet stolen, 500 dollars taken, was threatened to not report to police, what should I do?
I was carjacked at gun point and kidnapped last night and was forced to give the suspects my pin number while they took money out of my atm. I was locked in the trunk of the vehicle for the time ...

Can u get arrested for giving in faulse names to a police officer?
can you get arrested for giving in faulse names to a police officer if you was to scared to give in your real names....

___
Why do mostly all police have mustaches?
Is there a tactical reason?

Show all answers
Post your answer

oldwoodstockhippie
They feel more macho,and also it is some thing they hide behind.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Irish Heart of Gold
they think it makes them look more macho. lol :D

walk away
A bad attempt to hid their lying lips

Scot B
Rating
they think its more authority, but they just make themselves look like dweebs

lone butcher Spartan remembers
Rating
Not a reason i think, but a mustache can give a person an air of authority/ an aggressive look. Like the very cool Smokey Bear hat, it just shows that they are there to do business. That's what I see anyways (I'm not an officer yet).
Where I live only some of the older ones do.. the younger ones shave their heads.
Preference I guess, I don't think a department would tell you how to wear your hair/facial hair!

crazylady
YES BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THE FACISL HAIR THAT THEY CAN HAVE...THEY HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PUT ON A GAS MASK AND THE OTHER HAIR ALLOWS LEAKS, BUT A MUSTACHE DOES NOT ALLOW THE MASK TO LEAK.

368dra
i dunno

don'tpanic
hahaha.
That's pretty funny. i've never thought of that!
hmmm...i don't know.
:)

Saul Tigh
Rating
That may be true where you live, but most cops I know don't have any facial hair.

handsofgold79
Rating
No they don't! Maybe just where you live!

tonalc2
I have not noticed this to be true, but it may be different where you live.

Rating
In my experience mostly all police DO NOT have moustaches.

whimzy
not in pa.state cops are all clean shaven

Joshua N
Not all police have mustaches.

wilburrr
Rating
They don't . Watch the news and police shows and the majority does not.

ioerr
You just think they do because the image of that one Village People guy is burned into your retinal cortex. Him and Freddy Mercury. You can't look away. Why is that?

Agent 268
Most dont... however, many police services have prescribed grooming standards and often the only type of facial hair a police officer can have is a mustache.

Thats why you dont see police officers with big lumberjack beards.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy