Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

The law is getting sillier and sillier, criminals are treated more leniently than victims.?
Only this week a gang of youths stole sope spray paints from a shop and when confronted by the owner, kicked him in the unmentionables.He then fought back and ounched one of them..the gang were ...

I got a Ticket for going 10 miles over the speed limit?
i was pulled over yesterday at 3:25pm for going 40 in a 30 zone. I am 17 and have NEVER gotten pulled over before. honest to god i am a safe and responsible driver. i wasnt even on the phone or ...

Speeding ticket?
have you ever heard of a person getting pulled over for going 75 in a 70 mph zone? I even showed my military id to hope for a warning and he gave me a ticket. everyone I've mentioned it to says ...

Do you think the American prison system needs reform?
What would you do to change the US prison systems. So many people talk down about places like Abu Ghraib, but many do not realize some of our prisons are about the same. Hives of gang activity, ...

Whats the best way to get out of 3 traffic tickets?
i got 3 speeding tickets in a week and needs some ...

Felony assult?
My now ex-boyfrend hit me in the head with a glass on friday night causing bodily injury. I called 911 and recieved assistance from the local police department and paramedics. I found out the state ...

What would happen?
when i reported my brother years ago for sexually abusing me,the police never convicted him through lack of evidence...if i went to his home & got hold of his youngest daughter,& threatened ...

Who else finds it offensive Paris Hilton was released from jail?
I'm a Criminal Justice major at a large college and I find this "breaking news" sickening. If a normal person cried because their jail cell was too small and too cold they wouldn'...

I got a traffic ticket for following too close during rush hour traffic in Los Angeles. Can I fight it?
The cop said he watched me during a 1/4 mile distance (he was on a motorcycle). It was during rush hour traffic going N. on Ventura Blvd. Does that seem logical? I don't think I was too close ...

Can you get sued for penile disfuncion like premature ejaculation?
What if a lady is really... REALLY dissatisfied and presses charges?
Additional Details
Cowbell... How dare you Sir..! A most indignant HURRUMPH!...

Do police have the right to use drug sniffing dogs in parking lots, like Wal Mart, to go around sniff cars?
We live in a small town, and we have a small police force. The K-9 unit uses a dog at places like wal-Mart, Dollar General, or Hucks, to walk aroung the parking lot, sniffing the trunks of all cars....

Is it worth telling the police if a neighbour reaches over, cuts your hedge, threatens to cut your tree down?
while you're out, and threatens to cut your mother's hand off when she says she will take down her fence, because he thinks it's his? (the fence posts are on your side)?

the ...

Can a police department refuse to issue a restraining order?
I went to them to ask for one against my neighbor for some personal reasons, and he said I was too old to be into all this drama and because the neighbor I'm talking about is confined in his ...

Should illicit drug users face severe jail sentences.?
It is clear from a previous question I asked that lots of people prefer to ignore the responsibilities that illegal drug users have for the crimes that are committed by drug dealing gangsters.
S...

How would you manage Prison Service?

Wasn't it great seeing the police marching through London, cant remember the last time i saw any on the beat
where I live, you occasionally see a "Police community support officer" whoo hoo!!
Where are all the real police? Crime is out of control, erm ... hello police, where are you?
A...

Can a police officer come to my house and say he seen me speeding while he was off duty?
and now will be sending me a fine he has no proof but he says he was driving behind me what can i ...

Can any police officer tell me?
why can a police officer in his police vehicle park on a road with double yellow lines or other parking restriction while they go into a fish and chip shop or other shop for there lunch or a paper. ...

What is the best police handgun?
e.g. .38 special?...

Do you think that there would be less crime in the U.S. if prostitution was legal??
Try to stay appropriate people....

blondy
When is it unlawful for a police officer to use a taser gun on someone?

Show all answers
Post your answer

chuckie411
When the person is peaceful, or when ordinary force is all that is necessary to subdue someone.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

DJ
there has to be a level of resistanse or force used by the suspect person to warrant the use of any force by police. Now keep in mind that each department is different and their policies are not the same. One department may allow the use if the subject does not comply with verbal orders and another may only allow use if the subject becomes violent

Jan H
Rating
When they've done nothing illegal and have not done anything threatening or suspicious to the officer.

dude34420
according to the left never no matter what the situation the PC left crowd care more for the shitbag crooks then our boys in blue

butrcupps
Rating
When they take it on the family picnic just to taser weird Uncle Albert.

pootfart3
when someone has a video camera going and they don't know it.

Dear Old Dad
Rating
When a suspect is obeying verbal commands and is being peaceful, or otherwise cooperative.

Dear Old Dad

sheristeele
Rating
while on duty, Police officers need to be able to defend themselves and others. That is their job. Taser's may be painful, but a lot better than getting shot.

rinehartstacy
Rating
When they are practicing.

Mr. Boof
When he plays loud rap music over the patrol car PA, tases somebody, and claims he's a judge at a modern dance competition... lookit him go, folks! This dance is called the twitch and pee on yourself - wanna try it?!

oscar
Rating
Apparantley whenever they feell like it.

Chuck J
Rating
The simplest answer is when the person in question is complying with the officers commands. In practice this is more of a judgement issue. A police officer is allowed to use "necessary and reasonable force" to gain compliance from uncooperative subjects. Hopefully the city, county or whatever jurisdiction that hired the officer in question has a thorough background check and high standards for their officers. This is the best way to prevent abuse or even criminal acts by police.

skittles
Rating
when their driving. specially if they have a brand new car. they will be really pissed off.

bellamuert3
its unlawful to use a taser gun if the person is cooperative and isn't resisting arrest.

D baby
Rating
The Tasr is a non lethal alternative.The taser is only used when a subject becomes violent and refuses to comply with officers commands.

hello
Rating
Depending on your state laws, generally tasers can be used when a person is resisting arrest is in some sort of way or when an officer needs to defend himself or another person. See the use of force laws for your state.

da_hammerhead
when you have a note from your Mom stating explicitly not to use a taser on my little girl.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy