Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Informal Probation and went to the hospital for alcohol poisoning.. can the courts find out?
So heres my situation, awhile back I got arrested for a possession misdemeanor.. I got 2 years of informal probation (No PO) and a drug diversion class. Fast forward to friday night and I ended up ...

Will family problems prevent me from entering Law Enforcement or from me becoming a Border Patrol Agent?

Please help exwife wants the court to order a "house visit"?
This is just anouther way for my ex to torment me and my new wife. Can anyone tell me what I can expect with a "house visit"? I have joint custody of my young child with my ex and I know ...

What does notice of taking deposition mean?
It's on the botton of this link? Also according to the charges he has how much time would a person get for something like this? He also has a really bad history of fraud and theft. Thanks for ...

Why is kevlar so much more expensive?
im looking to buy body armor and i found the same vest but one is much more exspensive then the other because it has kevlar. why is that?...

When will the traffic Ticket (mail) arrive to my house...living in California?
i called the court but it didnt help me.
i got a stop sign ticket (22450) last week, i wanna know when will the mail arrive to my house.
I can search my case in this website, is that true? ...

Car was stolen...need advice?
my car was stolen a few months ago, the guys were pulled over and arrested and my car was returned. I had over $1500 worth of stuff in the car (camera, guitar, etc..)

The court sent a ...

What to do about my ex gf who wants to wreck my job in revenge for me dumping her ? and more?
What to do about a psycho ex gf that is relentless ?

I work in group homes - I transferred in November to another house. Yesterday she came there for a shift to make trouble for me. I have ...

Does a parking "officer" have the right to ask for my license?
Yesterday, I was in my car in a "no parking space." I was only there for a few minutes waiting for my mom. As I saw the "officer" coming. I started to back out and leave because I ...

What to do about a psycho ex gf that is relentless ?
I work in group homes - I transferred in November to another house. Yesterday she came there for a shift to make trouble for me. I have evidence to prove we were together a photo of us, I have files ...

Whats the best ticket attorney?
I got my first speeding ticket about a week ago. I think it was total b.s. Whether true or not either way i have a ticket on my hands. I want to take my ticket to court. It is $266 ticket for going 74...

When driving on a major freeway or highway, do you still pull over for an ambulance?
Nobody that I was aware of pulled over and neither did I, it didn't seem very safe. But we were all in the right lane. What would be the appropriate action to take? I live in California....

It is being reported that the White House orders are restraining the Navy from saving the Captain.?
Why? Do they want people to fear travel by sea? Does Obama want to honor the pirates. Should we swap out Obama for the Capt. I vote yes, you?...

My mate is in court on friday for criminal damage?
He was drunk and on the way home he threw a brick through a parked cars window for no apparent reason. the man came outside and found him (as well as already seeing him throw the brick) and called ...

Will I end up in jail if she takes me to court?
my boyfriend and I have been dating for 7 months, I'm 18 and he is 15 (turning 16) this is my first year in college and he is still in high school, but we met in HS... we've kept it a ...

Criminal Justice System. Need Help Please?
Critically review the policies pursued by the post 1997 governments in order to address the social causes of crime amongst young people. Have these policies made a difference to either the crime ...

Police k9s and bullet/stab proof protection?
Do you think it's important for police k9s to be equipped with bullet and stab proof vests?

On a couple different occasions, I've heard about some organizations that provide ...

What are the levels of suspicion?
please be specific....

What's the order of ranking in a police department?
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but I need to know the order of rankings within a police department for a book I'm writing, including the detectives and crime scene investigators. J...

Will a magistrate be fired if a family member gets arrested?
Hey there, my Mum is a magistrate and she says that she wants me to stop downloading illegaly because apparantly she will be fired if I'm caught. Apparantly if any close family member gets ...

What is the punishment for using a fake ID?
if i was to use a fake ID to get into a nightclub, what would be the punishment if i was caught by the police?

technically, the club shouldn't get in trouble, as they don't kniow whether the ID is real or not. as long as i have a piece of plastic with my photo and "date of birth" they can let me in.

if the poilce were to come into the club, ask to see the ID i showed, what are the possible punishments?

Show all answers
Post your answer

U_U  zzzZZZZ
Rating
Using a fake ID is a pretty severe crime, and whether you are doing so to get into a concert, clubs, buying alcohol, or otherwise misrepresent your age or identity, doesn't really matter.

Most State Law punishes the conduct of misrepresenting your identity in two areas: first is the use of the fake identification to do something and second is the tampering or falsification of the actual identification card.

For example:

Arizona law using the fake identification, including Criminal Impersonation (ARS 13-2006) and Forgery (ARS 13-2002). Both of these crimes punish people for assuming a false identity or pretending to be someone (or some age) that they are not in order to get something from the person that they are deceiving.

If you have also actually tampered with the identification yourself, you could be charged with another crime like Tampering with a Public Record (ARS 13-2407). This punishes the act of altering or changing an officially issued piece of documentation like a driver's license. Criminal Impersonation and Tampering with a Public Record are both Class 6 Felonies, which are punished by 6 months to 1 1/2 years in jail. Forgery is a much more serious crime, a Class 4 Felony, and is punished by 1 1/2 to 3 years in jail.

In New York & New Jersey it is a felony criminal offense rather than a traffic violation for possessing a fraudulent or fake driver's license. Offenders can face jail time and have their driver's license suspended for up to 2 years.

In Maryland the fine alone is $1500 plus the loss of driving privileges for up to a year.

In California, the minimum penalty for being caught with a fake ID is $250 fine and up to 32 community service hours. The maximum is a $1,000 fine, six months to a year in the county jail, and a year-long driver's license suspension.

Keep this in mind that in the future when you apply for jobs/college/travel visa, on most applications there is a place that asks "Were you ever convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony?" Do you really want to answer "Yes"? Its definitly not worth it.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy