Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

My husband used to be a cop. He got his first DUI and they fired him. The DMV also suspended his license?
for a year. He is an educated man with a bachelor degree and EXTREMELY hard working.What options does he have as far as work I mean?
Additional Details
I don't understand how people ...

Why are some police officers, like you and me, yet some are as arrogant as???
I was stopped behind a road accident, and had a turning to my right, i could have used in order to go the other way. So my mate got out and "politely" asked the nearest officer if it was ...

How do I avoid getting shived in prison?
I fear my charms and good humor may lead to being perforated by a sharpened lunch utensil. Translation: I like to make fun of people and I'll probably get stabbed. What to do?...

Can a police officer arrest you for Marijuana IF?
Lets assume I was smoking Marijuana in my car. I am pulled over, and the cop can smell the Marijuana coming from the car and or my clothes. First, what can he do about this? I would assume he can ...

Common assault?
if you've been charged with common assault and found guilty. what sentence can they expect? say it was a glassing in a bar and left a scar on the said person's face
Additional Details<...

Do you agree with all the cctv in and around our towns
do you think it is turning into big brother or are the camras a good idea for our ...

Should I become a cop?
I want to help people and I am always the one who sticks up for everyone else. I am an avid shooter of every type of gun, and am pretty good at it too. I dont exactly like to get yelled at, but I ...

Is an officer allowed to pull you over for speeding if they are behind you doing the same speed?
I got a ticket for going 17 over. The officer was driving behind me when he pulled me over. Should i plead not guilty because, I thought that the officer must be stopped and trapping in order to get ...

Why are cops a**holes?
No offense to the good cops out there bcuz i know there's a couple but as for the vast majority could somebody pls tell me....

I have 12 points for speeding what sort of ban will i receive?
I need my lisence for my job as a coach ...

How could we punish PEOPLE WHO RAPE WOMEN? or women raping men in some cases...Tell me your opinion?
What kind of capital punishments are you thinking about? How can we punish these criminals and how severe?...

How do you stop guns? Ban bullets - simple answer!?
Ban bullets and you stop guns. But how? Make it a serious crime with massive fines and prison for 10 years including teens. Time to get serious....

Can the cops do this?
The other day I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. My windows were down the whole time. As the cop was writing my ticket, she asked me to roll my windows up. She then wrote me a citation for ...

My parents wont let me go into law enforcement, what sort of action should I take? answer greatly appreaciated
Ever since my parents can remember, i've been wanting to be a cop or wanting to go into law enforcement. Watching Cops with my dad at the age of 6 , all my toy cars were police vehicles, and i ...

Why is it that every time I make a negative comment about the police on this site...?
some wisearse (usually a cop) always pipes up and tells me that I'd want their help if I was in trouble. I wouldn't! Why would I want to wait half an hour fot them to show up instead of ...

Are cops breaking the law when they use their siren for 5 seconds to get through a red light?
I've seen it so many times. A cop pulls up to the red light, flips on his siren, drives through the intersection, and then turns it off. This abuse of power makes me sick. What can be done about ...

Police: Protectors or Liars?
What are your general thoughts on police officers? Do you find most of them to be helpful in a bad situation or do you think they tend to make things worse? I've been reading on YA about how ...

If some one skips school and is caught by the police, wat will happen?

Do you think it is right to lock kids up for life if they kill some one or should they be put in mental hospt?
that boy yesterday killed some one when he was 14 so they lock him up for life when he should have medical help he will still be a danger when he is released....

British Police.?
Do you think British Police should carry loaded guns or wooden sticks?...

David S
What is the penalty for giving a false name to a police officer.?

Fine? How Much?
Additional Details
i gave the wrong name I told her that it was a lie. and then gave her my real name right away.

Show all answers
Post your answer

wisely apt
Rating
death

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Michael Phelps
Rating
What is the penalty for giving a false name to a police officer.?

Fine? How Much?

$chroederJ
death.

international_72521
Jail time.

Melissa ♥
that would be fraud!

Heather
Big trouble.

homieee
like for a ticket or somehting?

idk ..lol
if they find out that you lied..then you can probably get away with it if you say ..oh i taught that was his name....
and then have a straight face and the'll let you go lol

Nivea H
You'll will be thrown in the biggest volcano. Far far away from here in a land called Police Land

evilbucky
Rating
The misdemeanor charge of providing false information to a police officer carries a penalty of up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $750.

jakezimz
lolz i remember giving the police my fake name and number.

sad thing is i actaully got away ........

i was 15 at that time and broke into a trailer with my friends.

they all got into trouble but me lolz

Joey B
First offense with no warrents? $5000 fine and 120 hours of community service. Second offense? Up to 6 months in jail.

Sarah
Rating
a false name to the police is an obtruction of justice charge is anywhere from a couple months to about 30-70 depending on what they were asking about

ツclaudiaツ
well thats extremely STUPID to lie about your name when your in trouble. you know what that gets you? MORE TROUBLE! places are different with there fines.... but i mean you probably should deserve it :P

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhnF0_drATECfvmY99a_VTfsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080905142704AAQdXFi

steef queef
Rating
I don't know exactly, but i was watching tru-tv one night and this guy gave the police man an alias, and he got arrested for false information. so if i were you, i'd use your real name.
:)

Mindy
Even if you give them a false name and you don't have an ID, they can legally hold you for up to 36 hours to find your identity. And WHEN they find that you lied to them, you are in up to your forehad in deep doodoo. As previously stated that part varies from state to state and sometimes even county to county. All in all, don't do it.

&lt;3
Rating
If he finds out maby jail for a little.

kosmo
false information to law enforcement can be arrested and taken to jail, in refuse to give real name they can keep you in jail until you do.

lalalala
Rating
well you could get jailed for purgdery and for giving false information to a police officer. probably a lot.

carlos v
why did u lie?

Ryan R
Since you confessed it to her (hopefully before she ran the name) you will probably get off from it or a fine for obstruction. If you provided a fake ID, then that is a federal offense and you will get jail time.

NavaehRose
Rating
falsifying identity and a jail sentence

Lunachit
i dont know. you can be charged with failure to identify but i dont know what the consequences are to that.

TotalRecipeHound
Rating
It is a misdemeanor in most states. The penalty varies between fine and jail time (up to one year in my jurisdiction). Don't know the fine amount.

Emmett
just say your names zered barley or go up to people and ask them wat they think your name is then put a zwiegle behind it

Bob G
Rating
He'll get the rubber glove out.

Hey there
Rating
True name violation usually gets a fine in my state. I think it's $100.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.214
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, September 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy