Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Can cops give you a ticket for underage drinking if you are with your parents?
Say for example if you are tailgating at a LSU football game and you are with your parents outside of their camper drinking beer or vodka can a cop approach you and give you a MIP (Minor in P...

What makes more money?Heroin or Coke?

Police Officer Rapes, Sodomizes 7 year Old Girl for 1 Year. No Prison Time. Full Pension. Is This Right?
Here's the link

http://enterprise.southo
This cop raped a little 7 year old for one year and doesn't get any prison ...

Do you think cigarettes will be made illegal to buy/make in the future?
In the Uk....

Should a life sentence mean life in prison in the UK?

Why do black people get away with murder in the u.s.a ?
Why did o.j get away with murdering two white people,if that was a white man done it two two black people we would still be having riots right now!A black kid gets hit by a white man driving a car ...

Whats is another word for being tried twice for the same crime?

What would happen if i stabbed someone?
im 15 and 10 people want to break my legs cause i broke up with this lad.
so if i stabbed someone what would happen to me ?...

Why shouldn't a Defendant be able to demand that a Cop take a lie detector?
Cops never lie. What would be the problem? Have the cop step to the polygraph after filling out the report. Ask: " Is this report completely honest and truthful?" Have a record made of ...

Is this rape, please help!?
i was in a relationship with a guy (not now) and one night when we wre out together, we were both drunk. but i still knew what i was doin. i decided to stay with him cos it was easier for me rather ...

Why can you be arrested for underage drinking?
My friend was at a bar during the playoffs last year. It got raided and a few underage people were actually arrested! I couldn't believe it. Is that the biggest money making scheme ever? They ...

Can the police give you a speeding ticket if you ask to see the radar and he can't because he reset it?
he told me how fast i was going, i didn't think it was me because of all the other cars around, so i asked to see the radar gun. he comes back with it and showed me 0 mph. he said he must have ...

Do you think a person with no law enforcement experience should be able to run for sheriff?

To Police Officers: Do you ever feel that you are under appreciated?
How do you deal with the stereotypes of police work?

And should I appologize to the police officer I slapped a long time a go? (don't worry I was already arrested for it)...

Why do I find cops so hot???

Additional Details
It's not always the uniform, gun, handcuffs, etc. I've dated 3 (at different times) and been out with them without their uniforms, but I still found them ...

Justifiable or gross abuse of power?
I just pulled over a little bit ago. Not for speeding or anything like that, but for throwing a cigarette out the window. Supposedly it's a misedmeanor in my city. There's tons of people ...

It's been a while since I asked a police related question, so here goes?
On this site there are many people happy to give the police a hard time, me included, and the general response from the police is ''who would you call in an emergancy?'', or '...

Why do law abiding citizens have no respect for the Police?
The yob culture as we know have no respect for the Police, or anybody else for that matter, but why are most decent people also losing respect for the Police?....

Can you from prison....?
Can you make phone calls from prison
Additional Details
Why cant they make collect calls to cell phones this sucks cuz my boyfriend only has my cell ...

Is it possible for a gun to go off by accident?
I would like to know if its possible for a gun to go off by striking the hammer instead of pulling the trigger. I know that in the old west movies they do this quite frequently as it seems faster. R...

ol ainge signe
What is the most useful thing to send to someone in prison?

Show all answers
Post your answer

jgunslingerj
money, but you cannot send cash, write them and find out the exact procedure for putting credit in their commissary account. This is a great help allowing the prisoner to buy toiletries, extra snacks, etc. These things can be traded for small favors making life a little more bearable. Prisoners do not forget who helped them in this way. Send a letter if you have no money to send. I guarantee it will be read again and again helping to pass the hours of boredom.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Karl J
1. Pictures
2. Letters
3. Books (Bible)
Dont send the Shawshank Redemption! lol

PeaceTree
Money for the commissary. A phonecard. Books sent from the seller. Letters, pictures, legal research. Funny books, cards, pictures of you doing all the things that he cant....lol but thats a little mean...only for a joke or if you dont really like the person :)

chrltthnsn
Rating
money and books. some writing paper and envelopes to write to people with

lifes_heart
Rating
probably money or toiletries

lucky_j_2003
BIBLE

jduck1979
It depends on the rules of the prison they are in (check the website for the government agency responsible for the prison in question), and what level security risk that prisoner is regarded to be (the more dangerous they're considered to be, the less you can send).

For instance all I can send my penpal Cindy @ the "Central California Women Facility State Prison", according to the scrawly hand-writting in the first letter she sent me, all she's allowed to have sent is:
- Stamps
- Envelopes
- Note Paper
- A money order
- Pictures
- Birthday / Christmas Cards
Before sending anything, check with them what they're allowed to have sent, otherwise you could drop them right in it.

The Stamps are especially useful to them if like with my penpal, they have to send letters to you 5,000+ miles via airmail from Fresno (California, USA) to North Yorkshire (England) like we do @ 84¢ a shot (seeing as Prisoners aren't allowed to have lots of money)..... Sending them greeting cards at Christmas (if they celebrate it) + on their birthday can be good too (the ones I sent my penpal were the only ones she got this Christmas & New Years day).

Also if the letter was anything to go by, the number of a good plumber who works cheap to the person in charge of the prison (clouded water supply, can't drink it)........a cook book to the person in charge of the prison food (apparently the food in that prison in infamously bad)...... and going by reports from elsewhere, the State governor a kick up the backside over the so called medical "care" provided there

chance006
Money followed by magazines.

Roadrunner58-79
Rating
A bullet!!!

jagtic
a file

SLOWTHINKER
Rating
THEY WANT VISITORS. TO LET OTHERS KNOW, THEY HAVE SOMEBODY ON THERE SIDE & SOMEBODY WHO WILL SEND MONEY.
SENDING MONEY INITIALLY (no more than $100) IS UNDERSTANDABLE. ONCE SITUATED, THEY CAN WORK FOR THERE SLAVE WAGE.
IF YOU WANT TO SEND $20-$30 PER YEAR AS A GIFT. NO PROBLEM. BUT, DO NOT FEED INTO THE DEMANDS OF THE 'I NEED THIS AND THAT' SYNDROME.
IF THIS DOES OCCUR. THEY ARE BECOMING DEPENDENT & ARE EXPECTING YOU TO DO ALL THE TIME.
PUT ON THE BRAKES AND SEND NOTHING!

fr_chuck
Rating
a small amount of money for personal items.

Reading material.

I'manalienfrog
Rating
A Hacksaw!

UppityBroad68
Rating
You'll have to first make sure you know which items are allowed by the facility, but I send the following... Letters, photographs, STAMPS, stationery, books, magazine and newspaper subscriptions.

To find out what is and is not allowed, go to the appropriate state forum at http://www.prisontalk.com

frofus
A good lawyer

casey_leftwich
Rating
Love.

KIM A
Rating
Writing paper and envelopes and send them letters, it helps pass the time you can send them cards and 3x4 pictures and write them about the world and the changes going on.

corflaten
Rating
money.

Bubsy
Rating
K-Y Jelly lol

marazirl24
i think that the most useful thing to send to someone in prison is a picture or a letter. They can always have something to remember you by.

jamesw10
Rating
i spent 18 mos in prison,and am still on parole.the best thing to send someone in prison is a little money and a lot of letters.just knowing someone is outside that cares can give you something to focus on besides prison life,and in some cases help them better themselves.

tg315
Rating
soap on a rope

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy