Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Military to law enforcement career change??
I'm about to separate from the military and i have long had an intrest in law enforcement. I would like to know what I need to do to make the hiring board look at my package and say "this ...

Among hanging, electrocution, lethal injection, firing squad what is the worst? ?

Do u think I did the right thing I need to know please?
I was talking 2 someone on here who was 27 and am 16. I talked to him for about 3days. Then I read his questions and it was saying how he should Just kill himself. And he wants to die. He says he ...

Working as a Police Officer with Good Looks?
This is really weird question.. I've heard of co-workers hitting and flirting on some of their female co-workers and some female co-workers getting jelous and rude at other females who work with ...

Are you an officer of the law? if so answer me this?
what are some of the reasons you have let people off with a warning when pulling them over? (AND BE HONEST the juicier the story the better!)...

Question for POLICE! if i want to visit a friend in jail will i get asked any questions??
i just want to see a friend and dont feel like answering questions from the police if they would use it against the friend, you know? ...

Omg, what did i just do, will i go to jail???
what did i do???? are you mad that i asked a question and then forgot what i was about to say, and you read it and is like this is a waste of time and should have not went to it at all and should ...

I'm 6'5 and 330lbs, if you get into a scuffle with a cop, u knock him out and he falls out of his jurisdiction
Just say when I laid him out he fell over the county or state line. Where would the trial be held?...

What is the penalty for carrying a knife in the streets of london?
i heard it was a £5000 fine and maximum penalty of six months in prison but i have heard people also say that if you are carrying a knife you get a warning. I am confused to please answer truthfully....

My car was in a parking spot. A driver hit my car;left the scene. Ive 2 witness, no injuries is this a felony?
The witnesses gave description of the vehicle, plate # and the police towed the truck that hit my car.
Additional Details
Happened in Dallas, Tx. Collin C...

What do you think of naive phrases like "People kill, not guns"? People keep dying from guns while simple peo-
ple repeat this silly phrase. Does this mean that a gun owner is a just a repeater that grabs a silly phrase and can't even understand the nonsense that he is repeating with this inane ...

Is this a criminal suit or a civil suit?
Items were brought to my house for storage and left for 2 years to keep it from being taken in a divorce. I pawned the items and now the owner wants the items back. I lost some of the items and ...

What's a badge bunny?

If I put drug in my father's pocket and he is arrested, what happens?
Hi everybody... I am 19 and male. My father is a very very bad person, he has hit my mother and my little sister many many times and I hate him very much.

Here in Argentina the possession ...

Sincere Question: Why not have non-monitored cameras and microphones everywhere?
Big Brother as Friend

Simply put, if ALL human activity were recorded, (not monitored), then NO CRIMES could go undetected. Thus, if everyone agreed to allow cameras and microphones in ...

I know a drug dealer that makes around 10,000 on a good week. How come he has not been caught by police?
What my question is, is how may he drive expensive cars, and own an expensive house in Las Vegas, without getting caught by the I.R.S.? Hes had the house for three years now and he bought the Lexus ...

The officer did not ask for a breath test or a blood test. I did not refuse.?
Charged with dui based on odor of alcohol and slurred speech(strictly his opinion I was argumentative and beligerent not slurring. No chemical evidence was taken by arresting officer. Almost as if he ...

How come police officers can speed when they don't have their lights on?
Ok, I'm driving along at most 5mph over the speed limit and I have a cop nearly tailgating me until he's able to pass me just so he could drive faster...he didn't have his lights on as ...

I heard that....?
if you are driving and get sleepy and you pull over on the side of the road or highway and take a nap, that you can get a ticket. Is this true?...

How do I stay up on a night shift?
I have a police ride along soon. I am riding on his night shift. How do I stay awake from 6pm to 6am?...

brookalina
What happens when a triple felon gets caught with a stolen gun?
I know someone who was involved in a near fatal car accident and he had a loaded gun with the serial numbers shaved off. The gun was not his, he got it from someone else. The person who gave it to him is a triple felon. How much trouble can they get into? I don't know if the gun was even reported stolen years ago but it can be traced back to him because we live in such a small town. Oh yeah, and he is not on probation or parole, he flattened for the previous charges.

Show all answers
Post your answer

JJ
Rating
the guy caught with the gun it depends on the local laws what he will get, in a big city he could get 8 to 24 months, in a small township he could get about 4 to 8 years after a plea, its rediculous. plus the other charges from the accident.
Now, they will threaten him with 20 years ofcourse like they do with everything, and tell him to rat his buddy out who gave him the gun. then they will lock the buddy up and try to get him to confess to the sale, if he does your buddy will get less time, if he doesnt confess thier wont be much case against him, but the DA may still push it. i doubt the gun was reported stolen, and they may use that against the guy who sold it, trying to prove it wasnt stolen and that he did in fact sell it to him.
definatly get a lawyer dont depend on the public defender. and grinding serial number off a gun never works, the numbers can still be pulled off the back side of the metal.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

I love her Shlong!
prison

Zack F
Rating
the person that was found in possesion of the stolen weapon will be charged, now if he can prove the other guy left it there and the other guy confesses it was his he might get off but i doubt the other guy will take the wrap they usually never do espescially since he is a 3 time felon

Jagermann
The guy was an idiot for scratching the serial number off. In most states it would have been legal if it was unloaded and the serial numbers were in tact. There is usually no way of telling if the gun is stolen by just looking at the serial numbers. There is no federal gun registry and the previous owner probably didn't have a record of the serial number to report to the police. If someone is stupid enough to shave off the serial numbers this makes the gun illegal automatically even if its not stolen. Every state's laws are different though. You didn't mention which state this happened in. Regardless to what state he is in he will be charged with some serious offenses and most likely end up in jail. Hopefully it wasn't a murder weapon because they can do a ballastics test and match that gun barrel to a bullet that killed someone if it is. Then your friend could also be charged with murder. Things are not looking good for your friend. Let's put it that way.

?
He's gonna be in some SERIOUS trouble. I think any felon who gets caught with a gun is looking at 15 years in jail. That's what I was told, I don't know how true it is.

justme
Rating
he is going to jail.

zaden99
Rating
he is going o the pokey lol

mikeysco
Despite all the answers you have, it's really not possible to give you an answer without knowing more about the situation and having a question that's a little better defined.

When you say, "how much trouble can they get into?" who are you talking about...the guy who had the gun, or the felon who provided it?

What state or country are you in? Laws vary from state to state and between countries.

What is a "triple felon"?

What are the felonies that person has been *convicted* of?

Is the gun stolen or not?

The bottom line is that what happens to the person depends on all these questions and more that I haven't even asked about.

ornery and mean
Rating
Your friend has some problems, never mind the multiple felon who gave him the gun.

Since your friend was in physical possession of the gun, the first two charges that come to mind are possession of a firearm with altered serial numbers and possession of stolen property.

Now if your friend does not have a permit to carry a handgun, there is another charge!

The triple felon can be charged with all of the above as well.

Your friend may faced additional charges for loaded firearm in a vehicle.

Tell your friend to wise up, lawyer up ... and play "let's make a deal". He will have to "roll over" on the felon, but it's easier than going to prison himself!

jen a
Rating
he becomes a quadruple felon!

kapn
Get a good book and don't trust anybody named Bubba.

JAMES11A
1. Felon in possession of a weapon - prison.

2. Possession of a stolen weapon - prison.

3. Possession of a weapon with altered serial number - prison.

Kevy
Rating
Weapons under disability
Receiving stolen property
Possessing a defaced firearm
Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle
The list can go on

A blank!
The Pen.

fatamorrighan
that person is in serious trouble. I think we are talking serious jail time.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, April 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy