Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Can i get a job with the goverment if i have been arrestead?

Additional Details
it was a misdemeanor and it was for drag ...

What happens if a car is parked where kids play basketball and the ball accidently hits the car?
My neighbor decides to park her car in the street instead of her driveway. She parked it directly across from a basketball hoop where the kids play basketball. She did it so the kids cannot play ...

Why do people join the police force?
I have heard the'to Help, Protect and Reassure bits before,but Id like to know the real reasons and not the super hero stuff.Job security?family,good pay?non manual labour,social advancement etc....

If i got arrested and was asked to give a d.n.a. sample by the police...?
and i didnt want to as i dont agree with the police keeping d..n.a samples of everyone, how would they force me to give one ?

if i was touched in anyway shape or form wouldnt it be ...

If every smoker in England carried on smokin in pubs.. What are the autoroties gonna do?
They can`t punish everyone..even if they fine all of them, if none pays the fine they can`t lock all of them up!!

Keep smokin I say.... PS- I am a NON SMOKER...

Why is it that the pizza deliverer arrives faster than most cops?

For chasing a police car, this question?
Remember the scene on 30 days of night when a vampire ran really fast and chased the police car and went on the hood trying to pound its fist into the police car

what if I Run real fast, ...

Was 9/11 Carried out by the US GOVT and George Bush??
Was it an inside job?...

Can you get arreseted if the cops see a picture of you drinking?
like on facebook or myspace..if you have pictures partying and drinking and someone turns it into the police...can you get arrested? what would happen?
Additional Details
let's say ...

I got sacked from work for using the F word, never been given a warning ever my records clean. Is this fair?
I have worked for the company for 7 months now, and as a manager a had accusations made against myself which made me stressed upset and frustrated, and when one of my advisors was being nosy i asked ...

Can a wife file a complain against her husband 4 having an extramarital affair?
if yes, wat punishment wil he get?

is it possible vice versa? tats can hubs file against wives?
Additional Details
in india?

and if its not illegel then how do ...

Is this true about policemen?
Is this true about cops? They get free donuts? and there are a certain amount of tickets they have to give out by the end of the day?...

Tobacco and alcohol - are both legal. Is this moral?

Additional Details
..but its all about the badword money isnt it...some countries have hardly no money. why cant uk etc face some money problems in order to create healthier ...

The police did not read me my rights will my case be dismissed?
will my case be dismissed?
Additional Details
nooooo people I didnt brake the law thats my homework question.......I try not to brake the law b/c Im in law school. Im trianing to be a ...

I saw a police officer driving whilst texting on a mobile phone?
The other day whilst I was on the school run, a police officer passed me and I couldnt help but notice that he was texting on a mobile phone, his head was down and was not looking at the road in ...

Would you actually get in trouble for going up to a policeman and calling him a 'poodle on a stick' ?
I've heard of people doing it but I've never known the consequences :-(...

If the queen broke the law, could she be arrested? the same goes for Tony Blair and George Bush?
just curious, i can't really see the queen breaking the law, but you never know, lol....

Are white people the best???

In the UK, are males allowed to pee in public as long as they do it on the rear left wheel of their car?
I heard that this is the only situation that a male is allowed to whip it out and legally pee in public without getting in trouble with the police....

Why were the police officers allowed to use a taser against this student?
he was only asking a question and the cops came and arrested him, he shouldn't have resisted arrest but...

isn't this a free country? he gets arrested for asking a question?? is ...

Tyler
What happens if you buy a stolen car?
if say, a thief were to steal a car, then that thief sells you the car that he stole. (with a contract / bill of sell etc).. and the cops pull you over for being in possesion of a stolen car... what happens? i would imagine they would would contact the guy who sold it to you, but what if you got false info? what do the police do?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Ifyyy T.
Rating
explain that u purchased the car and provide the papers to prove it...hope and pray that they wont lock u up!!!!!!!
they prolly investigate and GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

harleygirl
THE CAR WOULD GET REPOED,AND YOU MAY GET ARRESTED UNTIL THEY GET THE FACTS STRAITENED OUT..YOU WILL LOSE THE MONEY YOU PAYED FOR THE CAR. OR YOU ALSO CAN GET ARRESTED FOR RECEIVING STOLEN GOOD'S IF YOU KNEW IT WAS STOLEN BEFORE BUYING THE CAR..

Rebecca L
The police are pretty good a figuring out when someone's been duped by a crook. If someone buys stolen property in good faith, believing that it is a legitimate purchase, then they aren't likely to be prosecuted. However, the car will still belong to the person it was stolen from, so the buyer is out whatever they paid for it.

helpmehelpyou
it depends whether or not u knew the car was stolen. if u did, its illegal. if u didnt, its still illegal, but the cops will probly understand and forgivve u as long as u rat out the guy who sold it to u

Leprechaun of Jupiter
u could b charged with recievin stolen property. If the guy gave u an authentic looking title or u did a carfax report which came up clean it would help. First offense plead stuipidity probably skate but do nothin wo lawyer

Prosector will also want as much as u know bout guy in exchange for lenicacy/no charge again do nothin wo lawyer

dlb_blair
They will need to get your information, interview you about who/what/where/when of the transaction, and should confiscate the car from you in most cases. Also, if you knew it was stolen when you bought it, there could be some jail time involved too.

Kimberly713
theyd investigate it until they're sure

Nicki
If your title is not the title that goes with the car, you go back to the dealer and usually without any hassle they'll either give you another car or your money back. It's against law for a party to buy a car with out the title and the turn around a resale it to another party. I had that happen to me I ought one of the first Mustangs you know the little sporty cute ones from a dealer I knew and he was scared to death when he had to tell me that title was no good. He gave me my money back , I really like that car, but right is right and wrong is wrong.

_I_love_warm_bananas_
They take the car from you and give it back to the rightful owner. Hopefully, some way you'll get your money back from the thief but that may involve a lawsuit.

rico3151
You are going to spend time in jail for being stupid. Won't that be fun?

Don't be taken for granted!
Rating
You must have a title for your car. You shouldn't even think about buy a car if it doesn't have a title, you will be in touble for it!

royphil345
They'd seize the car...

They'd decide whether or not to charge you with receiving stolen property, depending on if they believed your story and your past record...

If charged... You'd have a trial where you'd be convicted or not of receiving stolen property. Your sentence would depend on your past record and how much they bought your story.

Holly H <3
were u this theif? <3

John
Rating
You get locked up.

Mike Vespa
Rating
If you buy a stolen car and the police catch you, they confiscate the car. You lose the car and all th emoney that you spent.
This is the absolute truth.

NEVER buy a stolen car.

Hummbaba
You just wasted your money, and also, your contributing to more stealing, like someday, you new car will get stolen, and then someone will buy it "Hot" (stolen).. Don't let thieves create a market for other people hard earned money..

i tell it like it is
Rating
you should've gone to the dmv together to change the registration, that was the mistake. you dont just buy a car without doing it correctly. lessons learned my friend, lessons learned.

cajunlady
Rating
All you will have to prove is that you knew nothing about it and make sure you have someone who can back up your story.

TLC
The police take your car away. You have no recourse... You may also become a suspect to the theft of the vehicle. Do your homework before purchasing a vehicle from a private sale.

lostintranslation
arrest you. you could actually go to jail for a while, just for being in possesion of it. if they really can't find the person who sold it to you, it'll just be worse for you. seriously, do NOT buy a stolen car. and if you know it's stolen when you buy it, it's not only possesion but condoning.

I know.™
the police will come after you and ask you questions about that stolen car.

Loving the hate. Bring it on.
Rating
they will take you in until you can prove how you got it, but they won't charge you with anything if you can prove you didn't know it was stolen. If you can't prove you didn't know you will be charged with possesion of stolen property

Bill
Rating
You'd lose the car, and you'd be out the money. You might be charged/tried for grand theft auto or for receiving stolen property.

okiesjacpine
The best way to see if you have a stolen car is to have an policeofficor check the VIN no. then he or she will call it in to the dispatcher or check on there on board computer.If it is stolen then they might ask you some Questions on how you received it and if you got a bill of sale.
For more info. contact your local law Enforcement for more details.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, July 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy