Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

When can a police man fire his weapon?
Under what circumstances may a police officer discharge his firearm? When you draw the weapon to keep someone from running away, if they do run can you really shoot? When else?...

Was I caught speeding??
I passed a traffic police car earlier on tonight, the cop car was moving in the opposite direction from me and i was speeding. They didnt turn around and come after me or anything but will they have ...

Self Defense?
I am a self defense instructor for the agency that I work for. I have been asked to teach self defense to a local sorority. Should I teach them some of lethal blows I instruct with my fellow deputies,...

Does this sound like double jeopardy to you????
In April 2005 my boyfriend was arrested for violation of probation. At that time he was asked the usual questions do you have any drugs or weapons we should be aware of? He was honest he said yes I ...

I had my husband arrested for domestic violence, they have charged him with domestic felony .?
Grand jury hearing is this Thursday. He has abused me twice but, only when he drinks. I don't think I can go through with these charges. Not because he didn't abuse me....fractured rib, ...

Do you think undercover police pose on this site to get rid of pedophiles?
like MSNBC Investigative
Additional Details
I belive they do and I am happy about it....

Do you think people who are already licensed to carry a gun should be allowed to carry on a college campus?

What would you do if the police mistakenly thought your house was a drug house, busted in and shot your dogs?
Then afterward they found out they made a mistake, but your dogs are dead. I just read about this happening in the news. I consider my dog family. If they think a dog is dangerous, couldn't they ...

Were cop-haters bullied at school, and now think cops are out to give them wedgies?

A while back a guy online wanted me to buy cell phones for him....?
I didnt. I actually asked my local police staion about it cuz something sounded kinda wierd about it.....the guy had made up some story about how he had to have a bunch of cell phoens bought but he ...

Is it legal to hunt pigeons in London?
They could feed the homeless people for virtually ...

Police Car Presence Panic On The Road - Does It Cause Accidents?
You know what I mean. You're driving just fine, and then boom you see a police cars flashing lights. Suddenly you're not looking at the road; you're looking at your speedometer, then ...

Why did the government assassinate Biggie Smalls and Tupac???
Was it because they made the man uncomfortable?...

How is it like to be in jail? not prison or juvenile?
experienced ones, do you know?
don't really want rumors just facts

Can I break the law if a police officers tells me to?
If a police officer tells me to drive the wrong way down a one way street, can I do it and be exempt from being charged?...

Why do people blame illegal immigrants for illegal immigration?
The real guilty party is the business than employ illegal immigrants to do jobs for less than half of what they would be required by law to pay an American employee.
Additional Details

Why can't police get rid of street gangs?

How was I caught speeding?
Hey guys, this has been bugging me, i was heading home from the mall at about 1;15am and i was going 55 in a 40, there was a police cruiser in the opposite lane coming towards me, each lane has 2 ...

Is it possible to be charged DUI when you aren't driving your car?

POLICE! Can you explain your day on the job?
I'm looking to apply to Northumbria or Cumbria Police soon and am trying to get as much info as possible.. Thanks for your answers....

jahmerican_mommi85
What happens if the police impound your vehicle and you can't get it out?
a friend of mine got his vehicle impounded by the police and finally when they released the car the towing fees and storage fees that were charged to him were through the roof! unfortunetly by this time he had lost his job and consequently became discouraged and just never bothered pursuing the vehicle nor made any effort to get it out (stupid...i know). What I want to know is what happens to the loan against the car and what has more than likely happend to the car itself?

Show all answers
Post your answer

manforallseasons
Rating
You walk...

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

gorglin
Rating
contact them, but you should have taken the relevant action,
early on.....

Maggie M
He will have to pay the loan or be sued for it and use public transport!!!!

John
Years ago I had my car stolen in San Bernardino, ca....several days later they found it in the mountains.....To get it back I had to pay for the towing and storage charges....Oddly the man towing my car was friends with the police...I was robbed twice

allen
Rating
you have to gave them money b4 they give it back to you

Jack
Rating
Usually it's auctioned and the proceeds are given to the bank after storage charges are deducted.
The bank can also reposes it but they will be responsible for the compound fees.

Tony N
Rating
They sell it out from under you!

Iqbal
Rating
If you are his friend, help him out, he will never forget you for the rest of his life.

llsnwtsn
Rating
the car wil be sold at a police auction and the loan will be paid by the person who signed the agreement.

joeanonymous
If he can't pay to get the car out the tow company may sell it for the fees owing on it. Your friend will be on the hook for the loan on the car. The company that gave the loan may make arrangement with the tow company to pay the bill and repossess the car.

riloh keen
the yard will auction off his car and apply the money against his balance. he will still owe the remaining balance, which will screw his credit and essentially his LIFE if he doesn't get that taken care of.

(that's why the best place to buy a used car is the police auction. i've seen cars less than 10 years old in perfectly good running condition sell for a few hundred bucks.)

tallerfella
Rating
he is still responsible for the loan. The car will be sold at auction

stupid.liberals
Rating
He still owes all that money to the bank and the car will be sold at auction.

Cali Cop
More than likely, if he still owes money on the car, it will be repossessed. I am shocked that it hasn't already. They will then go after him in civil court for the amount for the impound release. It takes many years to recooperate from a repo, he should do whatever he can to get it out before tis happens.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, September 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy