Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

I was tictketed by a police officer for jaywalking. He made an illegal u-turn to do this and stopped traffic.
in the process. I asked him if he could break the law to enforce it and he said, "I can do whatever I want". Is that correct?
Additional Details
The reason I asked this ...

Pulled over?
I was pulled over when I first moved to CA. I was didn't have a license and it wasn't my car, I don't think the car was registered yet. But he didn't ticket me for anything. I was ...

Why are the sentences given to people who cause death by dangerous driving so leanient? It's a disgrace to
the legal system and horrific to the family of the person killed.
Additional Details
answers from coppers ...

If there is no traffice police man on the crossing, will you cross the red light ?

I got traffic ticket from an officer with unfair treatment. How should I fight against it?
At a stop sign before entering major street, I stopped little past stop sign because I couldn't see the incoming cars with tall van and cars that were parked on side of the major road.
Then ...

Do you think it's ridiculous for someone to get a speeding ticket for going 1-2mph over the speed limit?

If someone robs you and you know who it is, how much proof do you need?
my boyfriends dorm room got robbed....the ps3 thati bought him is gone! and his psp and some small things like a bottle of captain morgans and some beers...anyways last night someone saw this kid ...

Do you think it's right for a police officer to belittle you? in front of other police officers?
Just asking for your opinion
Additional Details
Under any ...

Drink Driving - Appeal ?
I convicted a drink-driving offence - Failing to provide specimen for anaylsis on December 2006. I attended to court and got disqualified for a year. I knew I was stupid enough doing that and I now ...

Do convicts actually get raped by their fellow prisonmates and their gaurds?
In a lot of comedies they often joke about convicts getting raped in jail and tossing the salad. Is this true? Is it allowed?...

Do you think cell phones should be banned from use while driving and if so what fine should be enforced ?
As a UK resident and this law is already in force. It is hard for it to be enforced.I see loads every day slowing down while driving and causing so much trouble. Not being able to turn corners while ...

Should poilce continue to carry taser guns? why or why not?
Some people have died while being tasered and police seem to use tasers with an ever increasing frequency. Are they safer and should htey continue to be used by police as an alternative to deadly ...

So if you were looking down my shirt and then I decided to flash you... what would you do?
I am thinking there must be a private office somewhere in the resturnat and he is the general manager.
Don't give me that crap about.. have more respect for myself because if I was a man.....

A police officer stopped?
A police officer stopped a motorist who was speeding down Main Street. “But officer,” the man began, “I can explain.”

“Just be quiet,” snapped the officer. “I’m going to ...

I got a speeding ticket, the cop said he got me on his "rear radar."Is there such a thing? What should I do?
I was driving down the street. Going with the flow of traffic (which is always 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit). A police car parked on the same side of the street flashes his lights. I stop a ...

If I were to die and could not be identified what would happen?
Hi. Say if I were to die somewhere in the world and could not be identified, what would probably happen to my body? Would I be burried, burned or just left to rot? I know its different for different ...

Are the British police no longer our protectors but our oppressors?

Additional Details
Smashing job those boys in blue do!

http://www.guardian.co.u...

DO you think we need more,GUN control in the USA?

Can you legally block your sidewalk like with a car?

Do you think the police drive too fast?

park
What does it mean if someone has "no bail"?
does this mean that they are going to face some serious time? what's going to happen in the long run?

Show all answers
Post your answer

mikieb68
Rating
Don't pass go Don't get out of JAIL!!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

freak like ME-
no one can pay for em to be out
there in long time

liberal italienne goddess™ v1.02
Rating
They can't get out of jail. It could be a probation violation. Call the jail and ask what they are being held on.

La La La
Rating
that means that they cant pay a certain amount of money to get out of jail.

Meeee.
Well sometimes people can get bailed out of jail, which is someone
can pay a set amount of money ordered by the court and then they
can get out of jail. If "no bail" is ordered then the person cannot be
released from jail by paying a certain amount of money. "No bail"
means it was probably a worse crime then someone given bail.

kitty
Rating
their stuck in jail for a long time

bravo bulldog
No bail means just that, there is no bail. It can vary as to why someone is being held without bail. The most common reasons being: Being held for 1st Degree murder or other class 1 felony, extreme flight risk. A defendant can ask the judge to set bond, but the DA will usually fight it.

Gerry
While they probably will be convicted, a judge sets "no bail" if he/she decides that the person is too dangerous to other people or is a risk to flee the country. Usually this is done to protect witnesses - that falls under the "too dangerous" category.

POST 1036
Rating
It means that they are at high risk of running away if they do post bail so they offer no bail

Faithful Atheist
Means they cannot pay their way out of jail no matter how much

Robert J
usually means they are either a flight risk or a danger to the community.

sux_2b_ewe
It means the crime they are being tried for is serious enough and/or the risk of them taking flight is great enough that no bail is being set so that they have to remain jailed until trial. This has nothing to do with how the trial will result, so not being given bail doesn't affect anything concerning final sentencing if they are found guilty.

damffool
Rating
It means they stay in jail until they go to court.

SuzyQ
Rating
Usually has to be pretty serious to get "no bail"set. They may think the person is a flight risk or has a history or flight risk. That means they stay in jail until the court date and then the judge decides if they get more time or go free. But, no bail means stay in jail.

Natasha B
Rating
It means that bail was either not set yet or will not be set at all
that is not good
it means whoever has no bail is stuck in jail until the trial

Law Dog
Rating
It means that due to the severity of the charge against them, they must go before a judge before a bail amount can be set. (usually in a felony case)
It may also mean that the person is already on parole or probation, in which case a violation would have been filed, and no bail can be set.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, April 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy