Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

If zombies attacked, would you be ready to fight them off?
And do you think you could win ( Not really as an individual, but as a police force in general)
Additional Details
this is just for fun, its not like I'm expecting it to happen.....

Why do I see police driving in predominantly white neighborhoods, but not black neighborhoods?
If the police come in a black neighborhood it is because a crime was committed.

But I never see police checking out the black neighborhoods making sure it is safe, nothing bad is going on.<...

I just wanted to find out where my brother was, the prison he was in said he's not there anymore, how do i?

Why do you think the police protected the KKK while gassing and arresting the demonstrators?

Can I beat my "Failure to stop at a stop sign" ticket?
The officer told me I did a rolling stop and he wrote "Failure to stop at a stop sign" on the citation. There were two lanes at this stop sign: One lane going straight and a completely ...

Where can i get pepper spray?
im starting to walk home and i wanna can of pepper spray like this http://www.redhotpeppers but i don't wanna ...

Law question?? police or ex police enter plz?
can the cops arrested you if they run your name and you have a pending trial or a trial coming up?....and this is a situation when your out of jail waiting a ...

Traffic law question: How can you get out of a speeding ticket?
This is the situation: A cop who always sits at the same stupid corner every morning stopped me because I was "speeding" in a school zone. I however noticed that I wasn't actually ...

Asking this of police officers: Is there truly a blue wall of silence and why?
I would think that an officer of the law would report any crime or serious breech of the rules commited by another officer. I am not talking about some penny-ante thing. Suppose you saw someone ...

A police woman called my friend and asked him to come for a chat next week in a car with her and a collegue?
He has recently been let out on bail for something and got a call from a police officer today, what is this all about? She said something about wanting to find out what you know? And that nothing ...

Raided house ?
is it illegial to go into a house after its been raided and take something out of it after the guy who owns the house told you to take it?
Additional Details
it has nothing to due with ...

I parked in a spot with a broken parking meter and got a ticket.. is that legal in california?
would i have any chance if i contested it?...

How can I view someones arrest history?
I want to view someones arrest history. I know he has been arrested several times, in my county, but I cannot find anything. He has been convicted of a few things, but never done anything more that ...

What happens when people make false accusations to the police?
How do the police deal with such people?...

Do cops need a warrant to search glob compartment? When searching car?
Do cops need a warrant to search glob compartment? When searching car?
Additional Details
Note - Just wondering i heard about this....

My friend is going to prison please help!!?
my friend is going to jail for theft and selling drugs (he stole a car and petrol and sold herroin)and lives in florida he would like to know what he is in for ..... how long he will go to jail for ? ...

How do you become a lawyer?

How do you become a police detective in the UK ?

How much trouble can i get in for permitting prostitution?
I just wanna know that basic law consequeces
Additional Details
I didnt profit from it i was just theyre whn it happened.
it wasnt in my home. im 18
they girl was 16 the man ...

Security officers, what would you do?
How would you respond to one of your colleagues who boasts she can complete a perimeter patrol in under 10 minutes? (It has always taken you almost one- half hour to complete to complete the same ...

Andie
What can you do and what happens if someone violates a restraining order you have against them???

Show all answers
Post your answer

shoot.bang
Rating
first call the police, if caught he will go to jail. If he violates, he will go to jail and/or the restraining order will get longer.

If you know firearm safety, I would get a hand gun.
depending on what happened.
And if YOU feel safe enough with the hand gun.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

kentata
Rating
Call the police. A restraining order carries weight.

ontheriver38
well my ex had one on me and i broke it all the time the cops will tell the part who you have it for that you said they broke it and don't do it again but if you can have some one there when it happen then they will go to jail but most of there no good in lease the cops catch them breaking it

LSF
Rating
Call the police or local law enforcement. Violating a restraining order is a crime, and the person will be arrested on the spot for it.

Ness
a restraining order is entered to make someone stay away from you. If they violate it, call the law. The person violating the order can be taken to jail.

Billy T
Rating
call the cops and tell them. they will pick up that person and take them to jail. TODAY

troy2281
Rating
I can tell you exactley what would happen if you lived in indiana, why? because i just got out of jail for breaking a protection order basicly same thing as breaking a restraining order. basicly i went over to my wifes house which has the protection order because i couldn't stand not seeing my kid anymore, and police were there in about 5 minuets. asked me my name and said turn around and put your hands behind your back, i got locked up on the 23rd and pled guilty on the 25th and was put in for 10 days with one day off per day good so i served 5 days. with a $170 court fee and a $25 booking fee. so now i have a class a midemeanor on file and when I went in front of the judge he told me I was looking at up to a year in jail and up to a $5,000 fine. but since there were no victems and my original intent was not to hurt anyone nor did i run from the police and was cooperative. I can consider my self very lucky and this be a life learning experiance for me. hope this helps. p.s. im not a wife beater we just split up and I couldn't handle the heat in the kitchen so I kept calling. which is reffered to as stalking which i admit im guilty of calling repeatedly but i persoanly didn't feel as though it were stalking.

Writer of Truth
If you call the police they go to jail.

troyboy
Rating
You call the police and they go to jail for years until they smarten up!

Bob
In MD - one can be sentenced to a year in prison for violating a protection order.

There was a case where someone called petitioner 18 times and that person received 18 consecutive 1 year prison sentences.

saulg21
Call the police first and report it. Request that this report is forwarded to court clerk to show the judge.

Kathy S
You report it to the police, and what will happen is that the person that you have the restraining order against will have to answer to a judge in court.

exert-7
You can call the cops.

What happens to the violator is strictly up to the presiding judge. Up to 364 days in jail and $5000 fine max in some states.

ladyleomiller
Rating
Call the police. If there is proof, such as other witnesses to the violation, the violator will be arrested.

bsure32
Rating
Notify the local law enforcement agency so that they can arrest the subject. It would also help to have a copy of the court order stating the conditions. If no arrest is made file a report and take it to the judge who signed the order. If it was filed by victims advocate notify them of the violation. You may need witnesses or some form of proof if the subject is gone upon the arrival of law enforcement.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy