Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal to shoot someone if they are breaking into your car?
It is considered self defense in most states if you shoot someone that is attacking you, but what I want to know is if someone is in the process of damaging your car (at an apartment complex or etc), ...

If I don't feel the police is there to protect me and I'm in fear of them, why should I support them?
For many years now, I've felt no protection afforded by the police and although I'm law abiding (short for not being caught i feel) I'm still aprehensive when they're around me.<...

Shall i or not?
I am on bail with certain conditions set on it.

Things are that bad, that i am seriously thinking of whether or not to get myself arrested and put in jail.

I am not safe from ...

Why did the police have to shoot CHU?
"Why did the police have to shoot him?" "Couldn't they have tasered him instead?" "Couldn't they have talked him out of the gun?" "Did the police plant ...

Do females really get less tickets from cops?
I was riding home from work with a friend the other night and she got pulled doing 77 in a 55. She was listening to music and singing along because it had been a stressful night at work. When the ...

Refusing to take a breathalyzer test?
What happens if you get pulled over for DUI or DWI and the officer asks you to take a breathalyzer test and you refuse? Is it better to refuse if you know you'll fail?...

My family member has been arrested what can i do?

Do you agree that guns or wepons should be carried to any place like schools ,colleges to hurt innocent people
Because i dont agree with guns or wepons because adults and children can misuse it any where .
Additional Details
if it was prohibited at Virginia Tech then why did Cho have a gun.B...

How long does a DUI remain on your record?
I recieved a DUI in 2002. I want to apply at the Sherriffs department but I need to wait untill it is no longer used against me....

Cop enters a home with mo search warrant and no probable cause of drinking. Are they allowed to do that?

Additional Details
ok friends were drinking but only downstairs in a basement..
Cops show up for no reason knock on the door and as soon as its open they bust in....

I had a minor crash driving my relatives car. I assumed I was insured 3rd party on my comp policy but I am not
Had a crash in my sister in laws car .(not my fault!) and assumed I was 3rd party covered on my company comp policy. I'm not.. nor it would appear am I on my wife's and spouse comp policy ...

Is it illegal to not show up for a police questoning?

Additional Details
it's at 7 at night!!!...

I'm very sorry Walmart :(?
So, I stole $285.00 worth of stuff; me and a friend in total. I don't want to go to jail since this is my first time being caught. I have never did anything like this in my life before. I'm ...

Are calls to a police station recorded?

In my city, if the police chase someone in a car chase, and the pursued refuses to stop, the police...........
stops the chase. is this good police policy?...

Mrs Bhuto shot dead in Pakistan ! What is your views of present situations in Pakistan?

My boyfriend doesn't answer my phone calls?
My boyfriend hasn't called me since Monday morning and I've been calling him ever since. Today I called about 5 times and it rings for awhile and goes straight to voicemail.
Is this ...

I'm 14 and my mom and probation officer are trying to send me to an "eating disorder facility" for a month..
Is there anything i can do to get out of this.?

Please help....

Can my husband kick me out ... he says the law will help him?
In July, I was a victim of an aggravated sexual assault, but have since dropped the charges (I simply cannot speak of it, if the subject even comes up I go mute ... the only place I've even ...

Will there be another terrorist attack before Bush is out of office?
A lot of politicians are saying that there is a very high chance we will be attacked soon, including Bush Aides and ex-republicans. Thom Hartmann said that if Al Qaeda doesn't attack in the near ...

EAZY-E
There are cars parked in front of my house in the street just to take up space where can i call?
help!

Show all answers
Post your answer

Secret Idiot
There is nothing illegal about parking almost any vehicle on the street in a designated place. One option is to check the vehicles to see if they have a current State Inspection and Registration Sticker. If they are out of date a citation can be issued if the vehicle is not parked on private property. Check the local ordinances to see how long a car is allowed to be parked w/o being moved. In my city it is 72 hours. The enforcement officer will mark the tires and recheck to see if the car has moved, this is usually a 24 hour notice. This is one way that we dealt with a drug dealer in our area.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

kobra0190
Rating
Ok now im not telling u to do this its just a idea. Wait til its dark slash all the tires and then in the morning call a tow truck and have it towed.

AngelaTC
Unless they're parked illegally, you're just stuck with it. If they are parked illegally, call the police.

koalatcomics
if theyre parked legally your screwed. you dont own the street, thats why they call it..PUBLIC access.

California Street Cop
Depends on where you are.

In California a car can legally sit on the road for 72 hours before it needs to be moved. They won't take your word for it. It will be marked and posted by cops or parking control, then towed if it hasn't moved in 72 hours.

It can also be towed if the registration expired over 6 months ago or is "obviously abandoned".

nan
Rating
Most streets are owned by the city, not the home owners but I'd call the local P.D. and/or Parking Control.

gomanyes562
Rating
It depends on your state or city's law. In many places, you can park on a public street for 72 hours. Call city hall and ask what the rules are. If they are violating the rules, then call the police's non-emergency number.

jocelyn p
Rating
Well if u live in a neighborhood call the Home Owners Association or police! cuz their on your private prperty in our neighborhood it's illegal to do that, but im not sure about your's!

stevesherri
call your City County Councelman!
in indiana we have MAC aka Mayors Action Center.
but your councelperson will be able to help you just fine.
good luck!

Cali_wife12306
lol my mom used to call the cops when people were parked on the street too long (like more than 2 weeks) she got a couple towed. I'd say call your local police station, Not 911.

jimobasa
Rating
Here in UK nothing can be done. Cars are allowed to be parked on the public highway except where parking restrictions are in force. The piece of road in front of your house is not part of your property but is a public right of way

celtic_irish_man
Rating
Call your City or if you really wan't to get down and dirty call your local police( not 9-11) You will have about 20 police cars in front of your house then if you call 9-11.

LawComm
Can you're local Police Dept. Sometimes it depends on the neighborhood that you live in, if there is an ofdinance about parking on the street. Most places you can't do it. And they CANNOT block entrance to your house. They should have it towed. Good Luck.

New Dad
Rating
Most cities have ordinances regarding how long your--and others--cars can be parked on public property. Those laws apply to even homes with no driveway. There are even laws against parking on your lawn which include homes without driveways.

TALK first to the owners...give them a chance to be grown-ups too and explain the situatation too.

thinkbig
Rating
I had this happen to me. I lived in a duplex and had my car parked outside on the street. It sat there for a week. the upstairs nieghbor complained and the officer called me and said I need to move the car immediatly. I moved the car 2 feet and was o.k. So.... dont let some one be a smart *** like me and keep on it and keep the police informed.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy