Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Can you get a speeding ticket from the police with a speed gun if they don't pull you over?

Can someone be arrested for using incorrect grammar?

Wait on him to get outta prison?
Waiting on your love to get outta prison is soooo horrible. I miss him, and Lord knows I love him....but he's going to be in prison for tha long haul.......tha next 8-10 years (that being parole)...

Why do Police pull you over for speeding, then just give you a warning ?
Is that a total waste of time for the both of us ?...

If tasers are so deadly, why don't cops die when tased?
Over the past several years, tens of thousands of officers have been tased, yet not a single one has died. How can they be so deadly to the public if they are harmless to the officers?...

Does my mother have the right to take my computer away?
I am under the age of 16.
I payed for my computer, with money that i earned. She did not give me the money. This means that i own the computer right? Meaning my mother lagally cannot take my ...

I really hate cops?
Last night some douche wrote me 7 tickets and I dont have $950 to pay it.

I want to join an anarchist group now or something along legion of doom lines..where do I sign up?
A...

Can you shoot someone that broke into your house?

Should you be able to shoot burglars in your home?
Why are blacks in Texas protesting the shooting of black burglars and demanding that the homeowner be brought up on charges?

http://www.chron.com/dis...

So the brit police get away with murder ?
' a single charge of endangering the public ' my foot !! Trigger fuelled power freak fascist terrified FAT little boys in men's uniforms. Why is it now in uk when any sign of ...

Can they do this?
okay so yesterday im on my way home from work and a state trooper pulls me (florida highway patrol).....i wasnt doing anything wrong but he pulled me and said my window tint was too dark!....so he ...

Is it rude to yell "Sooooweeeeee pig pig pig!" at a police officer?

Additional Details
Trollbus- One day you'll remove the stick from your butt and learn to laugh at questions that aren't meant to be taken seriously....

Im talking to a serial killer help?????
Im currently talking to a serial killer on msn and im not joking he's talking about molesting his little kids 3 and 7, raping girls and boys under the age of 14. Im gonna continue to talk to him ...

Should school be compulsory??????

Why Do Cops have such $hi*@y attitudes?
Why do cops always act like they are the next thing to God? I swear 99% of cops I know are total jerks. Why is that?
Additional Details
O.K., to set the record straight...I'm not ...

Are cops too stupid to find real jobs?
like stuffing your carcass with donuts & writing traffic tickets for trivial infractions qualifies as a "job"...

Is it illegal to call 911 while driving?
Because it is illegal to make a call while driving....

Can u go to jail for punching a guy in the face?
How long in jail and/or whats maximum fine......

Im gonna become a vigilante....are you with me??
All you need is a balaclava!...

If your an out of state driver can the police ask for proof of insurance when pulled over?

davina282005
The police raided my house and found drugs i didnt know were there.this is my first offense,what could happen?
the police raided my house and found drugs that i didnt know were there that someone else brought into my house we all got arrested and did acouple days in jail.now this is my first offense i've never been arrested a day in my life not even as a juvenille....with this being my first offense what could possibly happen....im kinda nervous...please help me...thank you.

Show all answers
Post your answer

allen a
Rating
hahahahaha!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Kevin M
you didn't know they were there... like that's the first time the police heard that one....

depends on what it was and how much... but you should get a lawyer

argus
You are going to jail again

Steve
Rating
you all need to play the not me game, no jury in america can convict you for being the owner, unless your prints were on it.

WG
Your're going to jail. If you play, you must pay

loyal
Rating
MMM..your story is a bit hard to believe. Why would you not know that someone brought drugs into your house?

Mr. X
they raided your house? what does that mean? if they didn't have a search warrant or probable cause to come in, they can't use anything they found in court.

what aren't you telling us?

adelaide
Rating
i don't know what could happen but if it was your house, the police had enough reason to get a warrrant and raid it, yet you didn't know the drugs were there? the cops knew but you didn't? i am not believing you at all. how could you not know that drugs were in your own house? it was your house, you are responsible for what goes on in your own house. if you are lying and you really know about the drugs you need to come clean about it. police always have more respect for you when you tell the truth.

meana
Rating
you could maybe go to jail a longer time/maybe life!!!!!! srry girl!um...if they inspect ur house again then try to find them and get rid of them.!!!

LtColonel
It's like, "Yeah, I shot him twice, I didn't know the gun was loaded..."

Get a lawyer.

sec
you didnt know they were there?

rottentothecore
Rating
guess what,

the law doesn,t protect stupidity....

your goin to jail....

10 year minimum...

malcolm b
you dont know how it got there, thats true and youll need to say that in court. also, do you have an answer to any suggestion the police prosecutors have about motive?if you can show you are busy doing other things and are not caught up in the drug culture, then im sure that will go a long way to convincing the judge to give you a reduced sentence. by the way, all good luck 2 you!

mookno1
Why did the police raid your house in the 1st place?If you didn`t know the drugs were there,someone else must have.......suggests you`re associating with the wrong sort of people perhaps?

Nathaniel Kim
Rating
for one, if the police came in without a warrant or a justified cause (like they saw u smoking crack then going in the house), they really have no right to arrest you, considering it goes against your 4th amendment
if they did have a warrant, but only for (example) your garage, they couldn't accuse u of anything found anywhere else
even after all this, if they legally entered your house and found the drugs, u have a right to a lawyer and court
even if the judge found u guilty, considering i was your fist offense, u won't get in extreme trouble

Tom
Rating
With friends like yours, who needs enemies? There will be a court date, I assume, and that is when you throw the idiot who brought them into your home under the bus.

notyochic
Rating
i think they will go easy on you and probably have you pay a fine and probation so not really a big deal but hopefully you will learn you lesson and be more selective with the people you hang out with!

Point Guard
You said you already did a couple days in jail. I am assuming that means 2 days? You don't normally do any time unless you have went before a judge so this is very confusing. And if you did do some time you don't get out until you have gone before a judge and it is clear what kind of penalties you are going to have to pay as a result and just exactly what kind of crime you have commited.

I am not sure what State or County you live in though so naturally the laws could be different. I just know from my experience of living in California and so what you are telling me is not adding up or making sense at all.

Now then. The plot still thickens because i know i had a friend who had his home raided and well, sorry but there were 3 of them living there and only one person went because his roommate had the drugs in his room. They didn't ALL go because of it.

The only reason i could think that you would all have gone is if you all were trying to cover for one another or you were trying to cover for someone in the house or you seriously didn't know and the cops didn't believe you and thought you were trying to cover for someone and if that is the case then you need to get an Attorney or a public defender (pretender).

What could possibly happen? Well, again i a confused because you already did some time it sounds like, so possibly you will get a misdemeanor or not since you did not have the drugs in your posession, and a fine and possibly probation. I mean it is up in the air since i don't know the County you live in and everything i told you above.

I will tell you one thing. You should change the company you are hanging around with. It is obvious that you can no longer trust them. When cops raid your house that means you were being watched by them for some time. That is how a raid happens. That usually means you were having "traffic" in and out of your house for awhile and the company you were hanging with was no good. YOu HAD to have a clue i am sorry. It is too bad you had to learn the hard way and HOPEFULLY you learn from this and get off with just a slap on the wrist!

Grasshopper
Rating
Possession is 9/10 of the law. It makes no difference if the drugs were yours or not. Since this is your first offense the courts will probably just give you a fine, probation, community service, and a drug program.

plbenton
I 've been through this alot and for a long time but i'm not a lawyer. First get a lawyer even if its a public defender. Second keep your mouth shut. Since you never have been in trouble before you may be able to get stet docket or Probation berfore judgement, both will only stay on you record for little while and then go away never to be seen again. If nothing was yours than try to prove just that and you may get nothing. Please get a lawyer though.Good luck

Barry C
Rating
get a lawyer now, and be prepared for trial. your lawyer will know what to do.

crackerjack
Rating
Not enough information to answer your question. Which state and which drug? With pot you will probably get a fine and lecture. If it was cocain or crack then you need a good lawyer.

Neomaxizoomedweebie
You were bailed out with a court date? You're going to have to get a lawyer or a public defender.

CNuxoll
Well, if the house is in your name, technically they could hold you responsible for it's contents. If you are renting/leasing, then whoever is on the rental/lease agreement is responsible. If you were renting a room and had a written agreement with that person, and the drugs were found in that person's room you might get off more lightly, but the police still say you should know what is going on under your own roof. Make sure you retain a lawyer ASAP as I don't know what kind of fine or jail time (if any) may accompany this.

sopretty610
what did they find?and how much? did u have a bail or did they just let u go

Maalru3
Rating
You need to get a lawyer to represent you. If no one is personally claiming the drugs, then whoever is head of houshold will take most of the heat. Also depends on type of drugs. Some are considered a federal offense, also amount , or ifall in one package or several diff. which is also an added charge of intent to sell. You need a lawyer, and also get a drug test so that in court, you can present that and show you don't do drugs. Probation and some legal fees probubly, if it was a small amount and pot or something of that sort. However, the fact that they raided your house indicates they have been watching you and action going on there, phones etc, and had enough to get a search warrant to raid the home, so I'm guessing that these drugs are not a 1 time thing, and that, you may be looking at more than probation.

SBryantDenn
Rating
contact a lawyer for the real advise. I do know that even if it's not yours, if it's in your house the law considers it yours. Honestly for a first offense I would imagine just probation and some drug counseling. something like that. Every state is different though. Probably some sort of fine also. Plus legal fees. It's gonna get expensive.

oklatom
Rating
"the police raided my house..." You are responsible for anything and everything that goes on in your house. Doesn't matter if it's your first offense or not, you've obviously been charged with drug possession. What will happen depends on what drugs were found and in what amounts. But it will be serious charges, and probably felony. You'd best start looking for an attorney now.

snowboarder
it depends on how much if it is alot you can go to prison for distrabution charges if its a little you can get some community service and/or fines. but it will also all depend on the judge if they are nice and beleive you you could get nothing but "you should pick better friends" and be done but if not the prison is the worst case if there was enough drugs.

?
Rating
Depends on the State, the drug, and whether or not they decide to go with Federal charges. Unfortunately, "intent" went out of most States laws years ago and even though you didn't know they were there you could still be in a lot of trouble. Find a friend who is an attorney or someone with Legal Aid right away. Whatever you do, don't talk with the police, they are not recording you and whatever you "said" will be written down their way six hours or so later.
Sorry, you really have to be careful these days.

It's In The Hole !
They were not your Drugs , of course they weren't.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, December 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy