Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Re-lock up rate on prisoners?
Does anyone know the re-lock up rate for prisoners of US, China, Russia, and India?...

Need some help getting ready for the Columbus Police PT test ?
I need some help getting ready for the Columbus Police Department physical fitness test. I don't really have anyone to work out with and I really want to join this department. I have four ...

WHEN YOUR A ADULT AN DYOU GET ON PROBATION?
what exsaclly is probation can some one tell me like cant leave the house or what do you have to pay ...

Can me and my bf get in trouble with police if i'm out with him past curfew?
The other day I was watching a movie with my bf and his brothers and sisters at night, the movie ended at about 12:00 which is past curfew where I live, he walked me home but we were lucky that cops ...

My brother in laws sisters shop was robbed!?
it was on the news!they had a tape on the people who robbed it but we couldnt find out who did it because they had a mask and gloves!they were robbed for 6000 dollars and stole my brother in laws ...

Where can i find a list of punishments for minors who have committed crimes?
I need sentence times for people under the age of 18 who have commited robbery, assalt, and murder. Thanks!
Additional Details
I need sentence times for people under the age of 18 who ...

County attorney's office messed up my address what happens in a situation like this.?
Ok here's the thing back in august i wrote a check that bounced to a gas station here where i live for $30. I hadn't took care of the check because honestly i hadn't had the extra ...

If police have a shoplifters license plate number do they go and question the person who's car it is after?
it happens? i still am confused. 3 months ago my friend stole books and thought they saw his plate number when he ran...........so he cant figure out if they would have come and questioned him by ...

Finding imates in san fransico jails?
iIneed to locate someone that was arrested in San Fransico to see what jail he is in....

How much time can you get for a felony traffic violation,?
this person has a suspended license and the last time she got caught driving a moped she was arrested and charges with no moped license, no insurance, and something else, she was bonded out the next ...

What does it mean to be arrested without incident?
i saw a guys name in the paper and it said he was arrested without incident, what exactly does that mean?...

Question for police officer?
I heard that when a police officer is off duty it is a law that they must carry their sidearm and their badge with them at all times anywhere in the U.S. is this true? if so are they allowed to carry ...

How can i find out if others have been approached by a particular con man asking to borrow money?
about 7 years ago on xmas day,an older black man approached me and my family with a story about an accident and he needed to send a tow truck to his daughter's rescue but he wasn't able to ...

Do police dogs get unemployment.?
if a police dog gets laid off, does he get unemployment, and who controls the money.
Additional Details
i just heard on the news that a police dog got laid off. ...

Are attack skunks an effective home protection item?
I saw an ad in a magazine about a trained attack skunk who would spray an intruder.

Should I get one? How effective would it be?...

Question about interview questions?
I have an interview next week 4 a PD position.. they gave me a list of questions, and the 2 I found tough are..

1. Tell me about yourself... what are they exactly looking for?

Police Career & Job - How Much Does a Police Officer in Raleigh, North Carolina Make?
I'm serious about a law enforcement career and preparing for the oral board interview. Any insights you can give would be helpful....

Do we have bounty hunters or anything similar in the UK?

Can a cop wear his uniform when he is off duty?
Lets say a cop is off duty & he is going to a movie & wants to impress the ladies can he wear his uniform at the movies?
or if he goes to the grocery store?...

Constable question?....?
Is it illegal to run from the constable? i got a court date set for tomorrow and i know hes going to show and i'm gonna run just wondering can you get anything from it? live in PA also, no smart ...

scottbobwvu
Should i have purse/wallet fingerprinted for stolen money? or waste of time?
Someone stole $20 from my wallet at work. this happened a few days ago.if i have it fingerprinted what is the chances of finding any good prints? it sits out where it's possible people have touched or moved it out of the way. however, i work at a business where we all have to do the fbi fingerprint check. so all of our prints are on file. could i have the cops fingerprint and check? or since it's been a 3 days or so and i have used the purse/wallet since then, would it be pointless? if it was fingerprinted and prints were found, would that matter anyway?
Additional Details
one of my coworkers is married to a police offier, so he offered to have it done. that's not the problem. i just wonder if it's too late to get good solid prints?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Sparky
In my way of thinking it would have been worth the effort. I feel that a thief should always be found. With that being said, however, the time has passed where any useful prints have already been obliterated by your use and handling of the wallet.
It also depends on what the wallet is made of that would make it printable. In all likelihood, the wallet would have had to have been exposed to a chemical process to reveal any prints. Then you'd have had to replace the wallet too, adding to your loss. But like I said, I'd like to know who the thief is. Plus, you were a victim and should have the same rights as any other victim, no matter how small of the crime.
If I had taken the report for your case, providing you had reported it right away, and then asked if it was worth losing the wallet too. Then I would have put it into evidence to have it processed if I couldn't have done it right there with magnapowder or regular powder. But I can imagine other agencies not wanting to spend resources for a loss of $20 when there are lots of other crimes of higher values.
Also, I don't think it is your fault. It is the fault of the thief for being a scumbag thief.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

sisterpoet
For an amount as small as this, I would not bother with fingerprinting. Instead I would make sure that management knows of the theft and does something to provide additional security measures for the safe keeping of personal items such as purses. But I am however going to say that it is your responsibility to make sure that you never leave your purse anywhere where it can be reached. You need to take it with you everywhere you go unless you can securely put it away.

Brandi C
Its not too late, but that doesn't mean that it can be done. The police department may refuse to do it, because it costs money and that may not be worth it for a $20 theft. Also, did you report it at the time you noticed the theft occured? If not, they may not want to do it because of how much time has gone by. You would have to prove that the person did not touch your purse for any other reason. Also, just because you get your fingerprints checked for employment does not mean they are on file. For those checks, they only check to see if they are on file already - they don't add them to the database.

I would notify human resources, since you believe that it was an employee who took the money, and be sure to keep your purse more secure in the future. But it sounds like you are probably out of luck as far as catching the person who did this.

michael H
I agree you are not at fault, but that being said a person has to protect themselves as well.

As far as fingerprinting, you may have been able to get something, but by now I would think that any real evidence would be compromised.

Lastly and sadly like someone else mentioned most agencies wouldn't even show up for a $20 loss. Leave you purse out with a mouse trap in it and see who has hurt fingers. (just a thought)

ahsoasho2u2
Rating
If the wallet is patten leather maybe a print can be taken but how many times have you touched the wallet in 3 days, prints all over it.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, October 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy