Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Can i get in trouble with the cops for this?
last night i met a guy online he said he wanted to meet up with me and spend money on me and spoil me whatever. so we agreed to meet up he would buy me a phone and then hang out. well something ...

What would happen if i sent monopoly money in instead of real money to pay for a driving ticket?
Will i go to jail or will it just be a warning? I'm just curious....

Will I be found guilty of DUI if I was sitting parked in a McDonalds parking lot?
Was arrested for DUI while sitting in McDonalds parking lot eating at 9:00 am DUI of a controlled sustance but officer stated on my ticket "Subject was in a parking lot ,was not seen driving&...

What would happen if the police force suddenly went on strike?
would society start to break ...

British Police vs American Police?
Which do you prefer? I mean, I don't mean who "does a better job", I just mean "who do you like best"? I love our British police, I think there's a certain charm about ...

What if anything could of been done to warn students after the first shooting?
should they have a siren warning of danger? i understand they thought it was an isolated crime but why not send warnings anyway it woulda saved ...

Can you do a citizen's arrest on a Police Officer for wasting Police time?
Just wondering, as you see stories of people being arrested for ridiculous things only for the case to ultimately be thrown out of court in the papers all the time....

If you're rude to or insult a police officer, can they fine you or otherwise penalize you for it?
Because I've WANTED to say some really sarcastic, snarky things to a police officer who pulled me over for no other reason than I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, and I got fined a whopping $20 ...

Is there any weapons you are allowed to carry in the uk that wont get you in trouble with the police ?
its getting more and more dangerous what kind of weapon could a person carry without the cops arresting you
Additional Details
fists are no good if someone is swinging a machete at ...

Can u go 2 jail by...?
Sending mean txt and emails and messages 2 some1? Bc i sent a mean message and txts and her aunt is threatening me dat she will call the police if i send another message....

I'm 6'5 and 331lbs, what would happen to me if I call 911 and when the police arrive, I say it was a test?
I would tell them that the cops in the next county beat their time by 2 minutes and they need practice on their response time. Would they be upset?...

14 yr old son in court?
my son is in court today for his 1st offence..aggrivated burglary..in teh uk..has anyone been thru this?...

Who would you put in jail?
If you had to put one person in jail for a year...who would you pick?...

Can I open another persons mail why they are out of town?
I have a friend who is going out of town and would like to me to pick up their mail. They also asked if I can open some of their mail and let them know when a certain document comes. Can I legally ...

If you want to report something you think is illegal how do you and where do you report it.?

Will my husband serve jail time?
My husband was arrest for domestic battery and terroristic threatening. They did not give him miranda warnings and I said that I did not want him in jail. I have refused to testify for the ...

Another tricky one, best answer gets 5 pt.s?
2 men rob a bank, both of them know they are robbing the bank. After showing off their guns, the security guard on duty at the bank pulls out his handgun and fatally shoots one of the robbers. S...

Should the police get more money for what they do?
i think they shoulid get more money what do you ...

Should I call the police? ?
We live in apartment style condos and my husband and I have noticed that out neighbors down the hall has their door slightly opened and about 3 newspapers piled up outside. It's a little ...

Why do police officers violate civil rights so often?
they think they can do anything they ...

Rab
Should I call the Police on my next door neighbor.....? please read?
It is starting to snowing outside and my neighbor left their 2 dog's out side with no heat in the poor Bull mastiff and Rottweiler doghouse They must be freezing ...Should I take the 2 Helpless dog's inside my house .....and leave my neighbour (the bad pet owners) a letter and tell them I have their helpless dog's that were left in the freezing cold Elements....Or should I call the cops and report them
If the dog house was heated I would not call the police
HELP..........what should I do

This is my second posting Because other was in wrong category

Show all answers
Post your answer

Whistler R
Only you can decide what action to take. Surely if you are convinced your neighbours are being cruel to their animals and that is your ONLY motive, then you should advise the Police of the situation. It does seem apparent you may have possible other problems with your neighbour, otherwise why not contact them directly and let them know of your concern.
Taking the dogs to your house without permission could be construed as stealing them . . . . and of course very foolish if the animals, after being warmed up, fed and watered, decide to turn on you !

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Kickback
Rating
talk to them first, tell them that (if you would) take the dogs in when they are away, or call the RSAPA.

Soccer_Fan_1111
not yet. wait a bit more. if u do suddenly see huge signs of animal abuse or mistreatment, then call the police. don't take them in ure house with a note on the neighbour's door. you'll just look like a dork like Ned Flanders. Even worse, they could call the cops on you.

imxxlboxers
Try talking to your neighbors first, and if that doesn't work, call animal control. Don't take the animals in yourself. You neighbor may accuse you of dog napping.

candyfloss
Call the animal protection services in your area,this is unexceptable dont take them into your house as the owner could try and say you were stealing them.

K-9
I think there maybe an obvious reason as to why these dogs aren't brought inside... Contact the RSPA if you;re concerned.

holly_angelica
call the pdsa or the police - don't take the dogs into your house - you could get into trouble yourself!!!

annewithafan
offer them both
a sleeping bag

a hot water bottle

and a hot drink

hot food

mohsinmalikuk
Rating
If you are in the UK,

Call the RSPCA on
0870 33 35 999

if you are in the US,

Call the ASPCA on,
(212) 876-7700

Do something soon dude.

lover of Jehovah and Jesus
Rating
I would not handle those dogs, they may bite you. I would first talk to the neighbors, if nothing is done, call the police or call the animal control

fr_chuck
Rating
First no, police don't do dog and animal neglect.

That would be animal control or the humane society.

But dogs do fine out of doors, alot of dogs are outside dogs and esp if they have a dog house and water and food

I would say nothing to worry about

I would take the dogs in out of the weather, and have a polite talk with the neighbor first, before calling in the law.

Ryder
Rating
there probably not very friendly dogs. being the breeds they are and the fact there left outside. if they are always outside i owuldnt worry dogs are to some extent supposed to live outside thats why they have a fur coat

bearsdad55
you might as well,everybody else in this country does,then the system can take their money and the problem will still exist,because the system dosent give a hoot,at least when the cops show your neighbor will get to meet some real butheads in person

razzyrascal
DO not take the dogs but call the police they will come do a welfare check then they will call animal control to have the dogs picked up and taken to the vet for a check up and then they will decide what to do from there. And you as a caring citizen and neighbor will have done your part.

Lord Robbie
Rating
you should put the dogs in your garden, so he will know how you feel about the neighbours dogs in the cold garden!!!!!

kelly bundy
Rating
the best thing to do besides call the cops is to ask them personally if u could take care of their dogs. leaving them a note is not enuf since something might happen to it & they might not ever get to it. if they happen to see their dogs in ur home, they could accuse u of stealing them.

lionheart3rd
Rating
call the rspca not the police!

Just Askin'
Call animal control and they will handle it. If you want it can be done anonymously. If you take the dogs you could be arrested.

fairly smart
Rating
First call the vet & ask if these animals can take the cold. Then ask them what you should do...

copswife
Rating
you can call animal control, they are useually the ones to contact, instead of the police, in our town, that is where they will direct you if you called them.

rjl2382
Rating
Call the humane society. Do they have blankets? water that not frozen? food everyday? I had a neighbor that left her black lab outside for about a week during Feb. in Colorado. i gave the dog food water and housed him for about a week. long story short dog has a new home now she got in BIG doodoo:)

hushnowjustplayit
Call the Humane Society in your city and if there isn't one, then call the police.

Thank you for caring. I applaud people like you.

neil c
Rating
yes call the police or the rspca but if i were u dont let the dogs inside ur house they are 2 big dangerous dogs there ouch they dont tickle them dogs they bite for real....but yes report the bastards

Blueboofrog
Rating
Call animal control. They will check it out and make the owner takes care of the dogs. If not they will confiscate them. You would be charged with stealing if you attempted to take them in, plus you do not fully know the nature of the animals. They might get scared not knowing you were trying to help them and tear you place apart. It's best to let the authorities deal with it and that way the owner wouldn't know that you were the one who called. Thank you for caring.

spyderman131
Call the ASPCA or SPCA , Call any animal control group for your City, State.

deftlychillin
Rating
Call animal control and/or the SPCA they will send over an inspector to make sure that the dogs in question are being taken care of properly, if they find anything wrong they will give them a week to fix it, they'll come back and if it's not taken care of they will remove the animals and arrest the owners.

mrstigerstripes
Rating
i think if you have serious concerns about this you should call the rspca.

flansis
well if ur really concerned , try ringing the society for the protection for cruelty to animals

Ranger473
Yes call the authorities but do not handle the animals yourself. That can cause you trouble. An animal control office will be sent out to assess the situation and decide what to do.

wildflower23000
I would contact the RSPCA (if you are in the UK) or equivalent animal welfare officers and let them handle the situation. I don't think you should take them into your home - they might look helpless out there in the freezing cold - but coming into a strange enviroment might frighten them - and these dogs have big sharp teeth.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, April 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy