Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

What are the laws and legislation dealing with the punishments of child abuse?

Police Officers and anxiety/depression meds?
Is it true that if a LEO is on antianxiety or depression meds that he/she cannot carry a gun? Or that if he/she is on these meds that if they should be involved in a critical incident (such as ...

Can a cop pull you over if you don't your seat belt have on at a red traffic light and give you a ticket?
I was taking off my coat, then he pulled me over
Additional Details
gave me a 200 dollar ticket for not wearing a safety belt, I put it back on before the light turned ...

Secret shopper for police?
there's stories upon stroes of police brutality, profiling, you see police officers parking their squad cars in red zones, in a handicap spot or in front of a hydrant, turning on their lights ...

How do I become a Bounty Hunter in NY State?

Is it illegal for a minor to hold an alcoholic beverage?

Getting pulled over, what would happen?
what would happen to a passenger if his friends car got pulled over and he was driving on a suspended license and had three ...

New type of phone scam going around?
My cellphone rang so I rushed to my purse and picked it up. Boy was I surprised when I heard an automated male voice saying "Congratulations! You have just been our selected customer to receive ...

How much is the fine for making right turn from wrong lane in California?

Anyone know 2 municipal police departments,one large and one small,and one county sherif that list requiermen?
2 municipal police depatments 1 large 1 small
and one sheriff departmet employmet ...

Can i go to jail instead of tickets?
I have 700$ in tickets i have to pay by 4-21-2009. Im 17 and just lost my job beause i can't work because i have a picc line in my arm going to my heart so im not allowed to work doctors orders. ...

Can the police do this in the UK?
To cut a long story short,

My sister was leaving a taxi with her friend. She had been talking with the driver and had got into a heated debate over an irrelevent topic. Her friend ...

Cop put court date on a holiday?
he said he had to change date on ticket and needs my signiture ?
Additional Details
can he doe this ,I was told not to sign this know he is going to my house the last 3 days 3 times a ...

I want to be a police officer but I am color blind?
Can someone who is color blind still pursue a career in law enforcement as a police officer. I took the basic Ishihara Test for Color Blindness and I failed it but I can still see colors.I never knew ...

Corrections officer question.?
I recently passed the entrance exam n the agility for corrections. I'm in the process of the background investigation. I have nothing on my record. But I do know that they do a polygraph test. W...

Does retail theft get expunged when you turn 18?
will colleges or jobs i apply for see this?...

Why do we still have a Dept Of Energy ?
Founded in 1972 under the Carter administration ,16,000 employees, 100,000 contrators with a $ 24.2 billion annual budget . Founded 32 yrs ago to curb our dependence on foreign oil . How are they ...

Paying Online Tickets Bad or Good?
ok here is the problem i got a ticket in CA
i paid it online yesterday i checked if it was paid
but i dont understand this

Violation Date: 01/18/2009
Initial Due Date: 3/...

I posted bond for someone. They are going to possibly miss the court date. Can I have them arrested?
This person has other warrants for missing a court date, and I think he may not make this court date either. They are misdemeanor charges, and he moved out of Colorado to take a job. He is trying ...

Can a police officer search you up if...?
Say a guy knows my name and student ID number. Can he go to the police station and report me (hypothetically) that i stole something. Will the officer search my address and stuff and arrest me?...

Giau N
Owed drug dealer some money, what should I do?
I've a friend that owe some drug dealer money, he left town and now he's planning to come back. He owed them around 300$ dollars, would they come after him?? He's scare for his life!

Show all answers
Post your answer

Hertha
Rating
Go to the Police Station and explain it to an officer who will be happy to help you. Remember, the man in blue is a friend to you!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Kim
Rating
Most likely they will. Drug dealers do not play. He should have the money when he comes back or be prepared to deal with the consequences of the decision he made to put himself in this position. Can't go to the cops!

John S
Depends how long ago it was. If you are talking weeks..you should be ok. Months or years, your friend is ******.

Tom M
If he ''left town'', because he couldn't pay back $300, which really isn't that much, why does he want to come back? It's not like he owes thousands. I don't think they'd go after his family for $300, but you never know. Maybe that's why he came back. I've heard dealers create ''vigs'', which is like a tax on the money you owe him. So he may owe this guy more than $300, according to him. Maybe he has this guy's number? If I were him, I'd look to settle this. Otherwise, he should stay as far from the town as he can. I mean like at least a good few hours away, if not more. Tell your friend to plan on going back either, unless he's certain he can pay back. If he got involved with drug dealers in this place though, maybe it's not a place worth going back to. Like John mentioned, if it's weeks, or even a couple months, he'll be alright. To drug dealers, it's a business. They see this sh*t happen. As long as they get their money, they won't harm him.You have to think about it from the dealer's perspective too though. Would you kill someone over $300? This isn't a movie. Is that worth going to prison for? With DNA and all that? Most dealers might get some big guy to come break your fingers, but than he has to pay him for doing that. If it's been years though, tell him to stay out.

In response to Hertha, that would be the ethical thing to do, but may not be practical. While the ''man in blue'' may be a friend to him, what's more valuable is knowing if they can protect him.

By going to the cops, he'd be opening up a can of worms. First, the cop's might want him to help get information out of them, which puts his life in threat. In the drug dealers eyes, it's ''starting a war.'' Don't push their buttons, and they won't push his. Only push them, if you have to. This guy has put himself in a sh*t position though. It's not that you can't trust the cops, although police departments vary in if they're ''dirty'', but rather that some cops are simply incompetent.

x_chipko_x
Yep! Pay the dealer, he's got a supplier to pay, whose got an importer to pay, whose got a grower to pay. Each one will happily f**k up the other if they don't get their money.

Rank Jeff
Well I wouldn't come back if I was him but if he really needs to then here is what I'd do:
1) Hope the drug dealer forgot
2)Hope that I don't run into the drug dealer
3) Change my appearance a bit
4)Be prepared to pay the drug dealer in the event you do run into him, carry at least 300 on you at all times

It can also depend on the drug dealer, is he hardcore has he been to prison or is this guy just some sub-urban kid selling drugs on the side of school.

I've ripped off some drug dealers, and I have never gone back to the neighbourhood where I did that. Would never go back that there and if I did would keep an eye out.

Its also depends on your town side, how near the dealer lives to you, what the dealers activities are and so on. Need more info. If the drug dealer lives down the street just pay him plus interest your not going to avoid him. If he lives in a neighbourhood not near by and your unlikely to see him then screw him, unless you run into him, don't pay him squat.

bUT IT REALLY DEPENDS, ILL CHECK BACK

whoa.
Rating
uhm, he wont kill him over three hundred bucks, but thats enough to jump someone for.

Steven C
Rating
I have gone to calls where people get shot for a dime bag. Just pay the dealer and be done with it. It is that easy!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, November 28, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy