Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

I observed a man beat up at a bar last night. should I have reported it?
Well, it wasn't in a bar it was outside in the parking lot. He was cussing out someone for parking too close to his vehicle. Then he hit the guy in the face but the man who got hit had some very ...

Is it legal for an officer to hand cuff u and put u in his car with out reading u ur rights and not giving u a

How can I prove an officer is lying with no video?
There was no cause to pull me over for DUI, but my 2 witnesses from my company who could agree, could be diced up by prosecution if I try to use them in court since they were drinking heavily.
<...

Can the police really identify your handwriting?
I need to know now! It's for a project....

Where in my house, is the best place to store a weapon?
Especially overnight....

Not allowed to leave the state?
i have a friend who did time for 8 months, now he's out, but on probation for a year and a half..he was told yesterday that he can't leave the state except for school or death of family.....

If you are passed out and wake up having sex is it considered rape?
Last weekend I partied a little too hard in Mexico and woke up having sexual intercourse. I don't know who the man is, and I don't know whether or not I should file a charge, because I wasn&...

If anyone could answer this for me I would be very grateful.?
If someone was convicted of drug charges and got sentenced to rehab for six months and has six months over his head for prison time and did his time for rehab and then got picked up for pv violation ...

Code names for Cops?
What would be a cool code name for a cop?...

Crimanal Record help?
I have a crimal record from 20 years ago does any1 know if you can get it erased off as i want a job in home caring and you need a CBR check any1 ...

What are three strikes???

What is wrong with world when a man can throw his kids over a balcony kill his son and be cleared for murder .

Additional Details
he will be out in about 3 years they say, he is trying to come back to england now and he is saying he wants to be a father to his daughter when he out is he all ...

I'm 6'5 and 335lbs, what should I do if I catch a cop sleeping in his patrol car while on duty?
http://www.break.com/ind...

Why do police refer to citizens as "civilians"?
To me that would insinuate they are militia. It bugs me because it's often used in a slightly derrogatory way when I hear cops use it. Like we're "less than".
You guys ...

How do i drop domestic assault charges that i made against someone??
my bf was arrested and he still needs to go to court. even though i wasn't supposed to talk to him about anything after this incident happened, i felt like i needed to. i heard his side of the ...

Is it legal for high school security guards to carry a gun?
I graduated two years ago from a high school in somewhat rural missouri. I was suddenly concerned to find that our current school "safety officer" (security guard) regularly carried a ...

What are your rights when a cop pulls you over? can I get out of the car if I want? Can I cuss at police?
Can a male cop search a female, like a pat down? Can I get out of my car to get air if the cop is taking too long? Do I have to turn my radio off? Do I have to take my sunglasses off? Can I tell ...

If you knew someone was doing something illegal would you report them?
i know that some things are more serious than others but what would you consider important enough to report to the authorities....

Can I get sued for causing a six car collision?
The other night I was walking and some guy was checking out my beauty, and he was so enthralled with my beauty that he crashed which resulted in a six car collision. Can these people sue me for being ...

I want to kill a thief ?
My car was broken into. Luckily the thief broke only the small window which cost me like 80 dollars to repair it. I am so damn pissed off. Because the car is just parked outside my window, say the ...

callmesquid
Is it unlawful to for someone to take my picture without my permission?
Hey guys i need help here, i may be wrongfully accused for vandalizing in the coming week, well heres what happen, my friend and i deciding to go shoots some paintballs, with proper gear and everything, like a sport. so we found a constuction site, and went in back near the woods, so we shot around at trees for awhile, and decided to leave. all of the sudden we here a guy yelling at us to get out of there, so we did wat he said and walked to our car and prepared to leave, but suddenly that guy quickly approached us, and accused us for vandalizing a tracker a few nights before,and some guy started taking pictures of us and my car . my friend and i are good nature indivuduals, we would never do such a thing, and now we probably goin to be screwed over now, can you guys help me out here? thanks,anything will be appreciated

Show all answers
Post your answer

Brian M
Rating
As everyone else has said, no it is not illegal for someone to take your picture. We learned this yesterday actually in the police academy. In fact we were told sometimes officers will take pictures of a suspicous persons just incase something happens later that day. Now, you were tresspassing, however unless it was the land that this particular guy owns, he cant press charges against you since you didnt violate his rights. So dont worry about it, however dont go on property your not supposed to be on or have dont have permisson to be on, otherwise you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time even if you didnt do anything.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Shepherd
depends on who and why

castlelake42
Rating
It is not unlawful for your picture to be taken in public , sorry. About the other stuff , if they have direct evidence of wrongdoing on your part don't sweat it.

old_woman_84
Well, first of all, I do believe you were trespassing. Yes, it is illegal to take your photograph (a face shot) if it is to be publicized in a magazine (without your permission) To use as evidence--I doubt if it is illegal. Sorry, and good luck.

Saint Lucifer
lol reminds me of younger years.
People are such jackasses, acting like you're out to steal their land or something. I don't get why, i guess it's just an excuse to confront some someone. (Every landowners dream, holding a trespasser at gunpoint until the cops arrived).?
Thats very bold of him to accuse you of that vandalism, like you'd go back if you actually did it.
Just remember you are innocent until proven guilty, you don't need an aliby they need to prove you did it, even though the cops will treat you like your guilty until proven innocent and will seperate you from your friends and lie to you to try to make you look guilty(personal experience)

None the less you need to find a new spot to go paintballing

surelynotme
Anyone can take a picture of you without your permission. It isn't illegal. And you were trespassing, so you were committing a criminal act apparently. But that doesn't mean that anybody can PROVE that you did something else wrong. I wouldn't worry about it.

Nihl_of_Brae
Rating
No, it is not unlawful for someone to take your picture without your permission -- especially in the situation you've just described.

What you have going for you is that the picture can place you at the construction site on the day you were trespassing there, but not on the day the Tracker was valdalized.

However, you were trespassing, that is you were on the construction site without permission.

Whether they can successfully get you charged with vandalizism depends on whether pr not they can put you at the scene when the Tracker was vandalized.

If you hadn't been trespassing in the first place, you wouldn't be facing the potential problems you are now.

If you're lucky you may be able to talk your way out of this one with the promise that you won't go back there without express permission. Hopefully you'll give a bit more thought to where you want to play with your paint ball equipment the next time.

Anne M
You were vandalizing their property because of the paintballs. You were on their property without their permission paintballing. You may be a good natured kid that made a bad choice but you made it.

NO one can take your picture and publish it without permission but they can prove you were there now.

Good Luck and go paintballing someplace else.

jmiller
The photo only shows that you were there on the day you were there. The vandalism on the tractor didn't happen the same day did it?
Either way, it is circumstantial, and weak at that.

timbrumley
Rating
nope

fr_chuck
Rating
They may take you photo anytime they want if you are in a public place. ( esp if you were on thier property or property that they have control over)

But it is legal to take peoples photos in public

Maverick
as long you were in a public place there is nothing unlawful about taking your pictures.
If the paint was fresh and the police were called,the the burden of proof is on you and the color matches you paint balls,you're up the creek without a paddle.
Think before you act next time !

Wide Awake
Rating
No, it is not illegal to take someone's picture unless you are planning to sell or publish it for profit. In that case you need a release.

Wyld Stallyns
To simply answer your question, no, it is not unlawful (at least in the U.S.) to take someone's picture without their permission.

Perhaps you did not vandalize anything, but you may have still been trespassing.

Yukaza
As long as they didn't put their hands on you and force you to stand I think people can take pictures of others ,its not against the law..
Did they call the police ? Were you on private property?
Was it posted?

Reaper King
Rating
nope. put it this way, someone has YOUR picture with you and your gear, paintball gear no less. You will be a prime suspect of rwhatever happened previously and most likely will be blamed unless solid proof can be shown. I used to go egging a lot back in the day. well, apparently other people did too and it just so happened that we egged someones house that had been egged several nights before. we got caught and had to pay damages. I know for a fact we didn't egg that house but still we were the prime suspects anyways.

Oracle
All the photo shows is that you and your friends were there at that moment in time and nothing else. They would need some form of proof to show you were there and the persons commiting the offence.

Imaka
With regard to your question, no, I don't think it is unlawful for someone to take your picture. Think about celebrities - people take their pictures all the time without their permission and there is nothing they can do about it. Even the royal family gets their pictures taken all the time without permission.

I hope it all turns out well for you.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, December 18, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy