Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Should i beat the crap out of this guy?
I saw him punch his dog and i know the cops will only charge him or give him a warning ......So should I beat the **** out of him and teach him a lesson......but ...

My son got his phone taken away in School...?
My 13 year old son was caught texting durring class in school one day, and his teacher took his phone. The teacher took my sons phone and looked through all of my sons personal pictures on his cell ...

UK only please: Do you think every British Police Officer should be armed, as in the USA?
Yes or no? For what reasons, in brief?

I'd be particularly interested to hear from any current or ex Officers.

Thanks!...

Help. Is this sexual harassment?
Well Im in college, and there is this guy, which I do not find atractive or like only as a friend, well nearly at the start of college like in september he started to do jokes like I want to have sex ...

A drug dealer was busted in my neighbourhood and my son found his money stash. Should he keep the money ?
The police raided his home,and my son and his friends were playing in his yard when they discovered his stash of money. Should he keep it or turn it in to the police?? It is alot of money and could ...

If you get stopped by police driving someone elses car and drugs are found, who gets charged with the drugs?

My 19 yr old in jail?
Believe me im not helping my son get out,I helped him get in cause he did break into a persons home,and I helped police to find the things he stole and they got it back,he is an adult and didnt live ...

How do I go about reporting a rape that happened 5 years ago?
7 years ago when I was 12, I met a man online. I didn't see any problems with that because every girl around me was doing it. I talked to him for two years because he acted like he cared for me ...

Should prison inmates have to work to receive privileges such as tv?
the rest of us have to work to pay for all the things that criminals get essentially for free in prison, do you think they should earn their keep in order to receive all things from satellite tv to ...

Can A Cop Enter Your House if There is Reasonable Cause?
Hypothetical Scenario: I have a party where there is underage drinking...my neighors call the cops because of the noise. The cop comes to my door and I answer. He tells me to turn down the music ...

Do you think its possible to look like this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cri Details
You would of though he would of been caught by ...

Have you noticed that every time we hear about a crime on TV 9 out of10 times the criminal is a foreigner?

Additional Details
Cheekybear : What's your problem. Have I not a right to free speech just because you disagree ?...

Police to the rescue... Like hell!!!!????
My mother who is 70 heard someone trying to in through her kitchen window after mid-nite last nite, which obviously startled her and she called the police. She called me directly afterwards and i ...

What interesting questions would you ask a police officer?
If you could ask a police officer some interesting questions what would they be?

How do i pass a lie ditector?
i have to take one and im really nervouse
i need legit ...

What should happen to this woman?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/ 'A woman was caught drink-driving after a distressed child was seen shouting "stop mummy driving" and banging ...

I was arrested for something I didnt do. Can I sue the man that accused me of this crime?
The crime was assault with a deadly weapon. A man was stabbed in a bar and had to have his spleen removed. He has accused me of this crime. I had to go to jail and was bailed out twice. The guilty ...

Smoking ban for prisons on way?
The prison in the Isle of Man is going to ban smoking from next week. Think it'll be the first to do it and it'll even apply to outside yards. Do you think they'll start doing this in ...

True or false: Drug use in an addiction, not a law enforcement issue.Jail time only suppresses the symptoms?
Until drug use is treated as an addiction, it will not go away....

Will the cops actually give you a criminal record for weed?
If you got caught with like i dont know 4gs or so would the cops actuallly give u a criminal record?
Additional Details
If you got caught with like i dont know 4gs or so would the cops ...

eugene m
Is it against the law to curse at someone?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Jon
Rating
Free speech. But you probably shouldn't in public.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Connor R
no dont be stupid

Spencer
Rating
free speech, but bad idea to do it, in public, by childern, and when pulled over by a cop.

Bruce T
Rating
It's legal, but don't over do t. Everone will thing that youare a ******* *******, or a *******. or even worse a ***** ****** *******!

D.O.T ~ The original "Veg@n
Rating
Anyone exect a police officer maybe, but no I don't think so! You can be fined or get a ticket...

Katie Q
no you **** :P

Ankhesan amun
Nope.

micaela s
HELL no! free speech we in merica!

jHaYnE
Rating
well its ok but remember ... dont do to others what you dont want others do unto you...

-jane

mjgurl
luckliy...no

Dania A
no because you have the freedom of speech but although you will not get arrested you will get in some sort of trouble.

David H
Rating
No, but if you do it too loudly you could end up with a disturbing the peace or public lewdness summary offense.

ArK@nS@S gYRL!
no i do that if someone gets on my nerves andi don't think that its against the law in that case then a lot of people will be locked up for breaking the law

bRING.mE.tHE.hORIZON
nopeee.we have a right of free speech.except you threaten them or something you should be fine
answer mine pleaseeee
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080607142029AA5Ejeh&r=w

charmaine g
Rating
Not likely, though, if you are to swear at a police officer you shouldnt but if you do happen to really need to you dont say 'you are a f**khead' you say 'I think you are a f**khead' and theres not much they can do.

Herz Aus Stahl
i dont think its against the law to curse at someone...
but i dont think that will be an issue if you do and somones backhand comes flying towards your grill.
consequences to everything!

tkept
If it is threatening, yes. Besides that , it will show that you are a moron if you can not handle yourself any better than that.

tongmu wu
Rating
That would depend on what country you are in, and in some places whether you are a man or a woman.

jessica a
Rating
it is freedom of speech but you shouldn't do it in public

Lil Demon Boy
Rating
....are you sure you're old enough to even attempt to ask a question in this topic? 13 and up, dude... 13 and up. and for HEAVEN's sake, HELL no!

Fly girl
If it is, then I've broken the law many times. I've gotten into verbal confrontations in the street that involved me cursing people out. I try not to act like that, though, unless I'm really ticked off.

Gabriel
Depending on what jurisdiction its in. Know your local laws. It could be non-punishible. Or it could violate state, county, or city law(s). Examples would be 'Disturbing the Peace', 'Public Disturbance', 'Provoking Speeches and Gestures'.

Many different factors to weigh.

townieman
Rating
yes it is. it is call disoderly conduct .

gloomy.daze
no, free speech,
you can even cuss at cops,
but it cant be while you are getting arrested.
=P
but mind you, it isnt the smartest thing to do, i mean... they can turn around and look you over for anything incriminating. and then you can be searched and then if you do it, its assulting an officer... maybe thats verbally assulting.
not smart none-the-less.

Nikolaos
There are ordinances in certain places the forbid it.

It could also be considered disorderly conduct.

Question Queen Mentally Special!
They told me it's a misdemeanor of disturbing the peace. I suffer Tourette's, & they don't care.

baby got back
Rating
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!~! and how old are you?

chris_ivd
Rating
depends on what you say. sometimes the way you phrase it can be considered assult, also if its repeated more than once it could be considered harrassment. but mostly its just plain rude. my personal policy about cussing is never use the words in refrence to any living thing.. but if i stub my toe. or hit my hand with a hammer you can bet to hear me drop the F-bomb lol

?critter?
It depends on what you say. It can be interpreted as verbal assault. It can be harassment at work.
And if you say "I am going to ***ing kill you!" then that can even be a felony.
Found that out the hard way when my mailman shot my dog with pepper spray... long story.

Jake M
Nope, not unless it damages their character. Otherwise thats slander. Also, if you do it publicly (like on tv or to a crowd) it's called libel.

Philip J
Rating
Depends on where you live. In some U.S. states it's illegal to use language or gestures that are likely to provoke an immediate physical retaliation. With road rage being so common nowadays, it is illegal to flip a bird at another driver.

Someone mention cursing at police. Actually, you have more freedom to curse the police than anyone else in the U.S. They're supposed to be trained to take verbal abuse without losing their temper. If they respond to your words with blows, you have a right to sue them.

Find the criminal statutes of you state and your city ordinances online and search them for "speech".

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 29, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy