Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Why is pot considered a drug when its not really even a drug?
pot is natural, not like speed or any of the real man/woman made real drugs so why besides the fact goverment cant make money off it is it called a ...

Why do the cops always want to know your name?
Whenever I've had to call the police on my loud neighbors the dispatcher always wants personal information such as name,
date of birth, social security# etc. I am not the person doing ...

I was bullied at school,,,iv'e heard joining the police will help?

My boyfriends in jail!!! What do you think?
My boyfriend is on Felony Probation. He just caught a case that was running from the cops . He got locked up and bonded out the same night. His probation ask him to come into today and 10am, But that ...

I'm 17 and just got my license about 1 month ago and already have a ticket, how do i tell my parents?
and what is the worst that can happen? i'm so scared to tell my mom and dad because when i first got my license they said dont get any tickets cuz it will raise my insurance and i just got one i ...

100mph in residential area, under influence of drink & illegal drugs, hit other car, no insurance/license....?
went wrong way around a roundabout, went through red light, failed to stop for police, previous for driving while disqualified & drug offences.
24 years of age. Pregnant driver of other car ...

I've picked up a speeding fine!!?
I've had a letter through the post from the police as I was caught doing 44 mph in a 30 mph zone (it was a quiet morning on a quiet road with no-one around but that's irrelevant I know).

I stole something from Claire's and was caught whats gonna happen to me'?
i live in lansing michigan and im ...

How many units of alcohol can you have before your over the limit?

Do you agree with the chief constable of North Wales Richard Brunstrom in giving druggies clean needles?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/...

Do all of a person's fingers have the same fingerprint?

Could I go To Jail for this?
I have this friend that ive known for a very long time. He's very nice and respectful, but has been in trouble with the law a few times. My sister recently told me that he's "hot" ...

As the Metropolitan police have been found guilty in the case of Jean Charles De Menenzes.?
Was the guilty verdict an appeasement to an outraged public opinion of his unlawful murder, because of the exposure of police incompetence and confirmed cover up? Also the arrogance of Sir Ian Blair ...

ALARMA! I need a lawer advice for myboyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
I need an advice of a lawer for my boyfriend. A couple of days ago he hit one guy in a night club. I'm sure that that guy must have done or said something bad to him, because my boyfriend is ...

Why do foreigners think America is unsafe?
Which area are you in, is it safe?

There have been many shootings lately. Is America really safe?...

What do you think when a person tells you he is a retired correction officer?
(Specifically: What is a "correction officer"?...

I'm young and gorgeous and incarcerated. What's the best way to avoid being a prison b*tch?

If sexual predators can be rehabilitated, how would you attempt to rehabilitate them?
There was a case where a judge ordered that a guy's jewels be removed by surgery but then six monthes later he committed the same crime with a different victim. So basically what I'm asking ...

Got caught with beer?
Today, i was getting beer and i got pulled over by the cops. Im underage. They took down my name and stuff along with my friend. His mom took me home but shes cool with it and everything. Does that ...

The Police are balloting their ranks with review to industrial action,what do you think about it?
Granted their pay award is paltry but so are the rest of the public service awards are,nhs ,mod, fire service and ambulance service , the trouble is none of the above signed a non strike agreement ...

Osiris Z
If someone gets sentence to 10 years in prison do they have to do the full time?
My buddy is being charged for robbery with a deadly weapon(AK-47). I dont know how long hes going to be gone for but Im guessing that it would be about 10 years if he gets charged.I want to know if he would be able to get half the time.Hes never ben charged for anything and hes a military veteran. State-California

Show all answers
Post your answer

Oldmansea
Rating
do you think your friend should get off without serving any time? are you thinking of waiting for this loser? Anyway, it depends on the judge, the judge can make it 10 to 20 with time off for good behavior, or he can say 10 years concurring which means he has 10 and 10 and doesn't get a break....20 years and he gets out.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Jesus
Rating
Not in today's world, good behaviour will result in a lessened time in prison, I think this system is BS but hey! who's to say my opinion counts!

jdogg6871
Rating
no but sry your buddies looking at 30-40 years sry my dads a judge

Swamprat
Depends on how the judge hands down the sentence if he gives him ten years and one day he will serve ten years and a day . If he just gives him ten years its possible to get paroled early but there is no telling when . ITS ALL IN HOW HE ACTS IN PRISON

The Man
Rating
military veteran means nothing...the judges are not like cops they dont play favors......since he had no past felonies then i would suggest getting a really good lawyer....this lawyer could possibly get some of the charges dropped......otherwise i want to say he is looking at at least 10-15....the fact that he committed the crime with an AK does not make the situation any better......good luck.......make sure you get a good attorney

bosshawg
not if they give him sentence with the possibility of poroll

blondee
Rating
Hopefully, he will if he will be in there the whole time if he did the crime, but you never know. Just because he was in the military isn;t a reason to shorten his sentence. Sorry

nikito nipongo
Rating
usually in some if no in all states the correctional system use what they call good behavior, so if he got sentence for 10 years most likely with good behavior he will be serving 7/8 years the most

ms1_04
No, 9 times out of 10 they will suspend most of his time due to the fact that he is ex military, and has never been in trouble before. Worse case scenerio they give him 10 years where he will have to do 85% of his time.

hustru
Rating
It really all depends on what he really did. I mean where was he? A bank, a drug store, Walmart...where? My next door neighbor's boyfriend just robbed a bank back here in PA 2 months ago and he's still walking free. I mean he's got a court hearing date this month but they still aren't sure what he's going to get. His friend that was with him was carrying a gun don't know what kind though, but he's in prison now. Not sure how long but I mean, he could always get out early. It all depends on what the judge has to say in the court hearing. If he does get sentenced for 10 years then you know if he's on good behavior he could always get out early too. He could also probably get work release in prision. I work with a couple inmates at my trucking company that I work for. And they are getting out earlier then what they expected. Just keep your chins up and pray to our Lord that everything will be OK. Good luck!

-
Usually prison time gets reduced for good behavior, however, his crime was very severe, so he might not be so lucky.

Laura
Not if he gets parole.

sam player
Rating
Robbery with a deadly weapon AK-47 - 10 years is not enough.

Wounded Duck
Sadly, no. Few felons truly get what they deserve. I'd get better buddies.

T
Rating
Usually not. Usually people get out early for good behavior and/or cause prisons are crowded (at least for male inmates). A woman who got a ten year sentence will probably serve more time than a man, though (talk about sexist) cause women's prisons aren't as over crowded. You can still get out early for good behavior, though. Especially if you do something worthwhile while your in there (like completing school or doing a voluntary rehiblitation program if one is offered).

monkeypug2000
Armed robbery with an automatic weapon will be 38 years to life. True-don't believe me look up your states laws on armed robbery.

Brad
Rating
no

A M
Rating
No.

Digz
Oh wow! Sorry, for your friend. Yeah he'll be in there a loong time. Too bad, send him lots of letters, he'll need the company cuz it'll be hell for him, so sad. If he pleads guilty then they might cut it down as long as no one was hurt.

John S
California has determinate sentencing. A prisoner has to serve a fixed term, minus applicable conduct credits, before being released on parole. Robbery is a violent felony under California law. A person committed to prison for a violent felony can obtain a maximum 15% reduction on his sentence. (Pen C sec. 2933.1.) So, a 10-year sentence would usually result in 8 1/2 years served before parole.

BTW. Use of an assault weapon adds 10 years, so first degree robbery in an inhabited dwelling would have a maximum term of 19 years in prison. Second degree robbery with an assault weapon would have a maximum term of 15 years in prison.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy