Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Why are felons and other career criminals concerned about their rights, when they didn't worry about......
the rights of their victims?...

Police Custody - "No Comment"?
If you get arrested and taken into police custody , i have seen and heard of many people using a method. They say if you repeat saying no comment to all questions or don't say a word at all , ...

Illegal search?
This is a long story but I need help on what to do so I'm going to explain everything. I was pulled over for allegedly not completely stopping at a stop sign. I gave the officer all of my info. ...

Can A Store Legally Do This?
My boyfriend and I were arrested for shoplifting over 2 months ago, and the store let us off with a warning. now just the other day he got a letter saying he needed to pay the store 300 dollars or ...

What does APB stand for?
I hear on television law, and police shows that they have an APB out on someone they are looking for to arrest. What does APB stand for? and What does it mean exactly?

T...

Can more than one person be charged with possession of marijuana?
I was arrested w/ three other people for possession of marijuana. It was in one person's hands and paraphanelia was in the others hands but I didn't have anything on me. Well, the person ...

How should I protect myself and my kids?
I live in a good neighborhood (gated community), but there has been a rash of robberies in our area. The police are aware that there are three teenage gangs behind the crimespree and are trying to ...

Grandfather is a perve - he said he is going to sue me for defamation. Can he do this?
My husband, daughter (Ashley - 2 1/2 years) and I have been living with my husband's grandfather for approximately 5 months now. Ever since we have lived here, he is completely obsessed with A...

Why do we build more jails than schools?
An arizona county jail prides itself on spending only 40 cents a day on each inmate's food, and only $1.40 each day on each k9's dog food. A young black man in the ghetto and a young white ...

Can I get a cop fired for harassment?
I stopped at a stop light in the wilds of Maine at 2AM awhile ago. After going on, a car pulled up behind me tailgateing and with high beams on. They wouldn't pass on straight stretches and I...

What kind of person do you have to be to get away with drug dealing?
I ask because there is a guy in my street,seems thick as anything,deals drugs a lot,yet he never seems to get in very much trouble....

Some police officers went into to my house and confiscated my TV , my computer and my guns?
is there a set time that they can hold them?
how do i go about getting them back?
Is there a special office I'm suppose to go to?
P.S. all my guns are legally licensed, and i ...

Busted with marijuana?
i was caught with a very smll amount of marijuana in mesa az, i went to court once and they assigned me to a group where i had to send in 750 dollars fee and send in a drug test every month, i didnt ...

Why dont the cops like me if i NEVER been in trouble with that law?!?!??!?
wat the *** is their problem?!?!?!?!?!?!?...

Do you believe that the majority of police officers in the U.S. abuse their authority?
I'm talking about more than taser-happy cops here. Police brutality really seems to be getting out of hand and on top of that there seems to be a lot of arrogance, superiority complexes and ...

Lying to a cop?
what kind of punishment can I get being a juvinile lying about my age to a cop? gave fake ID & Caught alchol on my breath....

I was wondering if a cop asks to search your vehichal if u can say no and what would happen?
Like if an officer stops u for a traffic stop and asks to search ur vehicle.When u say no what will happen?
Additional Details
lol thanks for the answers just was wondering why on cops ...

How to avoid cops at night?
??...

Black on Black Murder. What can we as a society do to eliminate it?
In my community it is common to read about young black guys killing each other. Does that happen where you live? What can we as a people do together, regardless of race, to end the carnage?
A...

How is marijuana illegal if GOD said "All plants are good?"?

Additional Details
I believe this will become a lawsuit in the United States sooner or later. God made everything.. and if you read the bible.. it clearly talks about putting heat on ...

walkerschool101
If a cop does not read you your rights, after you are arrested, can they do anything?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Chris J
Nope. The charges have to be dropped because they didn't follow procedure.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Liquid Snake
Rating
Well yeah. It's not legal though (to my knowledge). The first thing they should do is read you your rights. If not, you can sue their butts off.

steamroller98439
Rating
depends on your local laws in my state they don't have to read you your rights until you outside the court room but even if yours is different does it really matter who do you think the judge will believe you or the lying cop

clearwatervike
Your Miranda warning is supposed to be said upon arrest. If its not the case can be thrown out. Beware that there are numbers filings are attempting to repeal the miranda warning that are worming their way up to the US supreme court. Someday these protections may be a thing of the past. Just FYI

y_nevin
Rating
No, they do not have to drop the charges. However, any of the evidence they get from you after you were arrested will almost definitely be excluded from evidence.

Donald W
About anything they want to do. After all, all they have to do is say they did. Whose word are they going to take...a perp or the cops?

someonecanbme
they can Taze you for asking that question:)

acidcrap
They can take you down a dark alley or out of the way place and beat the crud out of you.

ed14790
If you are arrested and your rights have not been read to you. If the cop asks you no questions at all, just start telling the cop about what you did, spill your guts. You'll be ok. You'll go in the right direction.

If a cop does not read you you rights he can't question you.

One Sexy Jeep Girl
Rating
well where I live they can and do all the time. Besides good luck proving they didn't read them to you. It'll be your word against theirs and who do you think will be believed?

Rating
Yes, they can still take you to jail, but anything you said is INADMISSIBLE in court.

mafiabosscementshoes
Rating
Everyone who is arrested should know there rights, so why get arrested, for an officers to read your right. YOU DO THE CRIMES, YOU,LL DO THE TIMES, NO WRONGS,= NO RIGHTS.

Peter B
Rating
They can do anything they want. However, any information you provide can be deemed inadmissible in court if the police fail to advise you of your Miranda rights.

steelerguy92868
Rating
Yep they can take you straight to jail. Do not pass go and do not collect $200.00

Contrary to popular belief the police officer does not have to read you your miranda rights when you are arrested. Rights only need to be read if you are in fact in custody and being interrogated. Otherwise miranda does not need to be read.

lightning14
Welltraveled has the absolute correct information. The only time I ever read Miranda is if I was personaly going to question a suspect and then only after he or she had been arrested.

Actually police do NOT have to read you your rights just because they arrest you. The only time they do is if they are going to question you. If they don't ask you any questions, they don't have to read you your rights.

WellTraveledProg
Rating
Yes, they can still charge you and prosecute you.
The only thing that would happen if they did not read you your rights is that anything you said to them could not be used as evidence against you -- that's about it. If they have other evidence against you, you can still be convicted.

WildBill846
Rating
Miranda vs Arizona established the requirement to advise someone of their rights prior to custodial interrogation. This means law enforcement only needs to read your rights if two conditions are met: 1)You are under arrest (held under their custody--ie. not free to leave) 2) You are being interrogated.

They can arrest you and never read your rights if they do not interrogate you and any statements you freely give can be used.
Even after arresting you, they can question you for identification purposes without reading your rights, but anything beyond that or specific to a crime is classified as interrogation. If they don't, it merely means that anything you say in response to the interrogation is inadmissable as evidence.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy