Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

How cool is this! Paris ordered back to jail - but htis time to serve the whole 45 days!?
Good on you judge!
Additional Details
Good luck Joseph!...

Have you ever complained to or complimented the police?
If so what happened?

If you are an officer who has been complained about or complimented what happened?

I understood that officers can be issued fines for not following duties ...

Why in bloody hell is Ronnie Biggs still in jail?

Can I get in trouble with the police for doing this, it sounds fun!?
My friend and I want to go around in her car and with an UNLOADED paintball gun with no co2 or paintballs in it, pull up to people and just like point it at them while wearing the mask and everything ...

Nobody answered my question correctly you all took it the wrong way?
here it is why does the government put sex offenders in "OPEN" PRISONS when they can come and go and often abscond putting others at risk.when they should be put in maximum ...

What is the legal age for droping out of school?

My wife didn't pay a speeding ticket, missed her court date and now has a bench warrant and suspended liscense
My wife didn't pay a speeding ticket, missed her court date and now has a bench warrant and suspended license. Who should we contact to resolve the matter, and what can she expect to be the &...

Does anyone else do this?
Everytime i see a policeman i get like paranoid or something and try to avoid them - i have never commited a crime so why do i do that?
Additional Details
maybe i do have a guilty ...

Why am I attracted in Police Officers?
I'm happily married, but have ALWAYS had a thing for police officers! Why is that?...

Will this officer be punished?
My car was broke, and I had to carry many groceries from the store to my home; while I was carrying the groceries by foot toward my home, this officer came up and gave me a ride to my home. (I rode ...

Should firearms be banned in US?
should firearms be banned in US?

I mean, since another school shooting has taken place in cleveland, OH.

Y are people allowed to have handguns or assult rifles anyway? those ...

Is a cop allowed to hit on me and ask me out for a date, while he's arresting me?

My drunk friend ran over and killed your honor student," what kind of people put this on the back of their car
He was a horrible looking man,, with a huge ring in his nose.. I swear if I had a gun in my car, I would have shot him dead
Additional Details
Listen small minded people..there were ...

Time For The Death Penalty To Be Reinstated?
Every week some innocent person is killed in the UK. Either they are stabbed, shot, run over or beaten to death. This is unacceptable, should we bring back the death penalty for violent criminals if ...

If arrested and I say " I would like to speak to my lawyer!" Can the police keep interrogating me?

Can i be arrested at the courthouse when i go to check for a warrant?

I,m thinking of not turning up for court as a witness, what could happen to me if i do this.?

Can you go to jail for...?
i prank called someone
cant you get arrested?...

What tips can you give me to become a good cop?
Right now I'm in a Junior College to get my Associates in Administration of Justice and in about a year I'll be applying at multiple agencies. So what does it take to become a good cop? <...

If a cop sees you flashing someone to warn them about a cop, can you get a fine?
Self explanatory i guess.
Additional Details
what i mean is when you flash your brights to warn someone of a cop thats later down the road....

Candy Girl
If a burglar breaks into your home and is injured by your dog can you got to jail for it?
My friend said you can but i don't believe him. How can you get in trouble for someone else committing a crime against you? All you dog is doing is protecting his home like he's supposed to.

Show all answers
Post your answer

forever the sickest kid!
um... no

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Gabi
Rating
If you can go to jail....
that would be pretty retarded.

Veronica
i think you can i know it sounds bad but i think so

Claude T
Rating
It depends on where you live...It's fine in most places but if you're in NYC or Chicago then you're screwed no matter what.

Cereal Killer
I don't think you'd go to jail, but you can be liable for damages. The person could also sue if she/he were so inclined.

Pancho
If someone breaks into your home you have the right to use any means necessary to protect yourself, and that includes a dog. You won't go to jail, but the burglar may try to get some shady lawyer to sue you, but more than likely it'll be tossed out. I was a Cop for 8 years and I actually came across a couple of cases like that. You will not go to jail, so your friend is wrong.

ttt520328
Rating
No .

tansyangeni
Rating
it's hear say that i've heard but i heard about someone that fell through a skylight and sued the company they we're trying to getting into for having weak windows or something. ppl can sue for ugly looks these days nearly and its sickening.

Claire
Rating
no, because the burglar is breaking & entering.

Dj_Ez
If you live in the state of California, then not only WILL you go to jail, but you get to pay the jerk who broke into your house for doctor bills and mental anguish. It happens all the time. Oh, they may even make you put your dog to sleep because now it has injured someone and could be considered a threat.

Alice In Wonderland
no. thats stupid. he wouldnt have been touched by the dog if he hadnt trespassed

Don Steboni
Rating
I think it would be the same situation as shooting the bastard... Self- defense. I think it depends on what state you're in though.

Judicator
I have never heard of that one before but I do know a case where a burglar tripped over a wire and sued and won, I also know one where he got locked in the garage while the fam was on vacation. So basically you can't go to jail but they can SUE like mad and quite a few of them have won the cases.

beachbum787
lol i strongly doubt it.. but that would be a funny story

hbu_football
depends on which state you live in..in Texas..no..hope your dog got a nice treat and then you shot the bad guy..in California..possibly..because you did not give the criminal a "fair" warning you had a "mean"dog in your house...just depends man...good luck

JODIE_A.
Rating
No, if a burglar breaks in your house and is mauled or killed by your dog, you cannot be sued by him/her or his/her family. As long as they are "in" your house, you have nothing to worry about. If your dog happens to kill the burglar "outside" your house in an attempt to break "in" your house, I would make sure that when officers arrive, the body is "inside" your house. Get my drift?

Frantz V
no Your dog is part of your self defense and since the burglar was harming your safety it is not your fault if anything happens to him

GummyCandie
see what the judge at the court says if someone says you've gotta go to jail. but i doubt it.

your dog would be your hero.

Fred Fred-burger.yes.
no, that's ridiculous

Janetz Coolerz hehe
no
the YOUR dog was protecting YOUR home and the burgular entered YOUR home

VideoAudioDisco
if the burglar has a weapon then you can use any type of way to protect urself. but if the dude doesnt have a weapon, then maybe you can get in trouble.. lol stop by the police dept with ur friend and ask them this question... haha

Lady America and Proud Of It
Are you kidding? The cops would probably pat you on the back for a job well done by the dog!

delive_rance
Rating
There is a conflicting law you have on different States I should say. Because in one incident one burglar entered a home and was bitten by his pet dog, later on the burglar filed a complain against the owner for civil injury. Some laws maybe stupid, because what I see in the US laws they favor those persons who commit mayhem instead of protecting the very citizen of society.

So your friend maybe saying the truth, in most likely scenario or cases, a burglar may file a civil damage suit against the owner for injury. But I suppose these is case to case basis. Yes you are correct in stating that how can a person get in trouble for someone else committing a crime against the person. And the dog which owners possess obviously to guard every homes against intruders. I guess the law differs in every State.

Let me just answer your question like these: IF A BURGLAR BREAKS INTO MY HOME for instance, AND IS INJURED BY MY DOG I won't got to jail but I can be sue for the injury. I think this is the best way to re-phrase your question, nobody gets to jail for something like these but definitely the burglar will end up in jail for breaking and entering offense a felony under the existing law. So only one will go to jail the burglar NOT THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE which in your question is seem that way which is incorrect.

*~~GaarasGirl4Ever~~*
No u cant go to jail for that. hes breaking an entry and thats against the law. he will go to jail not u. its his fault ur dog was just following its intincts and protecting u and ur home. dont worry about a thing u wont get in trouble

Matt L
if your dog attacks for no reason it gets 1 warning and after that it gets put on some dangerous dog list and if it attacks again it gets killed. and if it attacks in a break-in, a dog is just doing its job, you can;t go to jail.

yo_yo_manch
omg i dos happen my friend had a burglar in his house and triped and fell on a knife and my friend got in deep shiz (shiz = sh!t+giz)

I_the_R
Rating
Well there are some really stupid judges out there that might put you in jail.

TinyButUgly
If he has a better lawyer than you, everything is possible in America.

viciousxromantic
Rating
yes you can get in trouble for it. its retarded but its true.

Crystal
If someone breaks into your house and gets hurt, you can be taken to court and sued for the burglar's injuries. I heard of a guy who fell through a skylight trying to break into someone's house broke his leg, and sued the owner, AND WON! I know that in the state of MO someone can come in your house and sit on your couch, or take your stuff and you leglly can't do anything to them, except call the cops. Amazing how gov. works isn't it?

Abigor (tells it like it is)
You can't go to jail for it. HOWEVER!! You can be sued for damages to himself while on YOUR property. Yes it is messed up and totally ridiculous, that someone who breaks into your house, is on your property illegally, can actually sue YOU for your dog injuring him. He more than likely won't win the outcome, but it puts a damper on your life with court dates, attorney fees, and so on. Yes it is true. And yes some lawyers will actually take their case!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy