Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Have you been aresested????????????????

Do police departments test for LSD??
When hiring.
Additional Details
In about 6 or 8 years I will be applying to be a police officer....

Hit and run - Old guy lying in the street - no one stops to help - what would you do?
http://www.comcast.net/a
Have we become so jaded and insular that we all couldn't care less - or is it that we are afraid to help - ...

911 problems?
Who do you complain to when you have experienced a problem calling 911? I tried to report a fire last night and got a busy signa for five minutes and then gave up because fire trucks already showed ...

Would you kill?
If you were given a gun and six bullets and immunity from jail, would you kill? And if so who would they be? All six or a couple?
Additional Details
Forget about your morals for a ...

Do police officers have to get the OK from business owners to sit in their parking lot, targeting speeders?

What happens if I don't pay my parking tickets?
If I don't pay the tickets is it true that they will show on your credit report now? If not will they come back to haunt me if I don't ...

Do prisons really have bars like in old movies?
I recently asked a question 'do prisons have fire escapes' and was told by one kindly soul "No because they are built out of bars and thick walls. The thick walls I believe, but the ...

I want to become a ploice officer?
I really want to be a police officer when i'm older. I have no idea where I should start. What courses should I take in highschool (im in highschool now), what is the best and worst part about ...

Why did Charles Manson carve a swastika into his forehead?

If a guy is beating me up for no reason, would it be legal for me to stick a gun at him to make him stop?

What makes firefighters heroes?
When they die?...

I am continueously getting harassed and terrorized by rogue cops where can I go to get help?

Do cops usually show up when a ticket is challenged in court?
i got a careless driving ticket:( do you think he'll show up?...

Can They Do Anything If My License Plate Say " Cop Killer"?
Now i am thinking to get better yet i am gona get a custom license plate saying "COP KILLER"

I live in washington state so only the back plate is needed..

But i am ...

I have been charged with stealing the mail and conspiracy. I don't know what to do and can't afford a lawyer.
federal agents are following me around, and they have tapped my phone. I want to know what they know, and what to do about the whole thing....

Why doesn't the bias media tell the truth that the people trying to bomb the British airplanes were Muslim?
Can't we call a spade a spade. Calling them homegrown of South Asian decent come we all know their Middle Eastern Islamic Brits....

Are the cops allowed to do this?
here's the story
so.... there were ppl in my neighborhood fighting and me and my cousins were outside watching.... so the cops came up and told everybody to go in the house... we were ...

When you call the police on a neighbor...do i have to give my name...can i make up a name?

Which is the greatest country in the world?

Brian M
I lost my driver's license. If I get pulled over without it, what will happen to me?
I lost my driver's license. If I get pulled over without it, what will happen to me?

p.s. Nora smells awful

Show all answers
Post your answer

merillo5
you will get a ticket & hauled to jail if you have no id at all

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

G
Rating
It varies! (By the way, this is a common theme throughout the law enforcement section of Yahoo Answers....everybody wants advice on traffic offenses, but nobody says what state or city they are asking about!!!!) Traffic laws vary from state to state and city to city!!! Regarding this question about the lost drivers license, each jurisdiction has policies that dictate how the situation is handled. Some larger cities may require that the offender be taken into custody and printed. Some smaller towns without extended resources may just call your info in and check your physical description against the DMV computer info and give you a warning. Again, it depends entirely on the local laws and ordinances.

JAY
Rating
If you have insurance and everything else is ok with the car and you dont have a license depending on the state they would ask if you know someone that could come and get it and take it home for you. If you dont have everything else ok and dont have you license they can and just might inpound your car and make you pay for the tow, and inpound fee. The other best thing is go to your DMV and ask for a photo copy of your license while your waiting on your new one in the mail.

Candy Mamii
you may want to get down to the dmv asap

idgogay4shane
Rating
You'll certainly get a ticket, the cops will not allow you to drive the car so if you do not have anyone you can call to come drive it home it will get towed, and you'll probably end up in traffic court. Probably best if ya just don't drive.

lundie_g
I think if you just missed placed it then you can tell the police that they will always run your s.s. number and if it comes back clean and you r valid to drive they will just tell you to go get one asap.not a big proplem if they can ID you,,good luck no worries...

mom
depending on where you are and what you get pulled over for... your car could be towed, you could get a ticket for driving without a license in your possession... :o)

tom4bucs
you may be charged with not having your license in your possession. so get some other ID and get downthere and get a duplicate!

Garacaius
You are going to be in a bit of a jam. You need to apply for a replacement asap.

edge4628
Rating
A fine and/or jail time, also depends on the officers discretion. However, it might not help you, if you do in fact get pulled over for another violation, so you will most likely be ticketed for that violation and then for not having a license and possibly arrested.

You will be cited for driving without a license.

ornery and mean
Rating
Depends on what you mean by "lost"! Lost, as in misplaced the license card, not a big problem ... but you should go to your local DMV for a replacement. "Lost" as in suspended license, a fine for driving without a license and a longer suspension period at best, possible jail time and/or probation at worst.

In short, do not drive with a lost/suspended license

leckie1UK
Rating
You don't say where in the world you are?

zyberianwarrior
depens on how you lost it if you lost it as in cant find it then gt in there before the dmv opens and get a new one wait any later and you'll be there half the day pending on where you live. Most cops have a brain but if they run a check and see if your "lost" means suspended you will be spending the night at the gray bar hotel courtesy of the tax payers.

dogguy
Rating
In my state you get arrested for what's called "Failure to Carry or Present a Driver's License" and taken to jail. You are held until your identity can be confirmed via fingerprints or other means, then you get released with a citation.

jit bag
you will get a ticket, so you may want to replace it pronto. who is nora?

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy