Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

9 illegal immigrants go missing when police said catch a train to hostal.?
who fault is this one?...

Is this illegal??? shall i call the police?
if someones partner takes their car without permission and drives it recklessly whilst over the limit? the person is however on the insurance but not the main driver.
uk law. can the person be ...

Do you concur that all cops were bullied as kids and have small peckers, that is why?
they feel the need to become bullies with guns and go on power trips?...

Are the police really necessary?
It seems to me all they do is hand out speeding tickets. I hate them
Additional Details
Number cruncher, your thoughts on me are all wrong. What I'm talking about is a cop driving ...

Why is abortion not charged as murder, yet a murder to a pregnant woman is charged with 2 deaths?
Lacy & Scott Peterson case.
Additional Details
Lori and Mark Hacking case in Salt Lake City, Utah....

Should you be let out of jail (temporarily) for the birth of a child?
I was in jail for 6 months and missed the birth of my son. It cut me up so much as you never have a chance to see that happen again and I didn't get to see him until I got out as my ex-...

When a police officer pulls you over?
Let's say you are driving down the road going the speed limit. A cop comes up behind you and turns his lights on to make you pull over. Has no reason for the pull over. There is no traffic ...

Can off duty cops still arrest people? Can they carry their guns?

Do you speed at the end of the month?
Once again, a question about quotas was recently posted, and several answers suggested the strong presense of officers on the road at the end of the month is proof quotas exist.

If this ...

Does the shootings in Virginia confirm?
That Gun toting Americans are part of a violent and intimidating society.Is it not time for a zero tolerance for people carrying firearms.The US is hardly setting an example in allowing this state of ...

I got arrested for shoplifting today! I am 17 what is going to happen in court?
I went to walmart with my friends today. I am not a shoplifter normally but I know people who do it all the time so I thought sure I'll do it. When we tried to leave the store a guy stpoed me ...

What is the strangest law you have heard of?
Anyone know any strange or unusual laws that are still on the statute books? I would like only genuine laws but would like any that are funny as ...

Why are police made out to be heroes for doing what they're being paid to do?

Additional Details
Otis (and anyone else) - The pig question was tongue-in-cheek humor; this isn't....

How do you feel about Koreans now that the VT mass murderer was Korean?
?????...

Why do people join the police?
And I don't want to hear the obvious "putting something back" or "helping the community" lies. Truthfully... Is it the the uniform? The desire to wield power over others? Or ...

Can you sue the police!!!?

Is this illegal? 2 year old on the motorcycle with me? Read?
My wife takes the car to work and I use my Honda Motorcycle. I work nights and she works days... Well around noon I get hungry and I put my 2 year old in the backpack child carrier and secure a ...

Why do female coppers usually have enormous bottoms?
Is this a common criteria for selection?
Is it also used to subdue prisoners/arrestees by having the WPC back against a suspect and a wall, thus pinning them with their large bottoms?...

What do you guys think of michael jacksons nose how would you describe it?

A cop yelled at me while I was driving... should I worry?
There was an accident on the side of the road so the cops had to guide traffic around it. They did this by guiding traffic through the left lane (my left, as I was facing it... the accident was in ...

lenahan2001
I let a friend borrow an expensive laptop, now he wont return it, can I involve the police?
Hello, I let a friend borrow a $1,000 laptop of mine and now when I go to get it back he threatens me to just leave him alone or else... Can I call the police and press charges against him for grand theft or will the police tell me simply that they can not get involved and to take him to court? The laptop is mine and is registered to me and I have all receipts.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Jon
call the army on that mofo

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

=)!♥
ya.. do it
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlB.iegd8UUHu1d29xhcuS_sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080611190513AAczmm9

ace.hall
sure, get fbi, cia, homeland, csi nasa, peta involved in this too.

izzy
Rating
if i were you i would get my biggest guy friends to go to his house and tell him that if he didnt hand it over he is gonna get beat up ...

ettubozo
did you ask "or else what?"
is this guy big?...is he a bully? ...is he intimidating?....
what's the deal?
it sounds like he intends to keep your computer
see what cops say

did you lend him computer under some sort of duress?
sounds like it

Tisker
Rating
Of course you can call the police. If what you have said is true then your "friend" has stolen your computer.
Oh, and in case you didn't know, he isn't your friend.

smokindro
Rating
take it like a man..kick his ***..if he kick urs call the police and tell them he stole ur laptop

The Village Oxymoron
You should call a lawyer (or other legal advisor) who is neutral to the situation and see whether you should call the police or sue. Obviously your "friend" isn't much of a friend, but I would let him know that the police will get involved if he doesn't give the laptop back.

needlewings
Report it as stollen.

Larry M
Well in the first place you didn't loan it to a FRIEND you loaned it to a thief..
Yes if you have receipts and documentation of ownership you won't have any problems getting your laptop back.
Call your local police and file a report. simple as that... You will have your laptop back in no time.

wonderer
Rating
Where we live a person borrowed a car and didn't return it when said they got a warrant for the borrower and said it was considered a breach of trust whether you have the same law there or not i don't know but I do know that you can take him to small claims court to either return it or pay for it ..you won't need an attorney you can do this yourself by going to the court house talking to the DA and asking how some do it differently but i think you can obtain the paper work you need to do this at the court house

Anna
Rating
call the police. or you might have to take him to court, but you can sue him for more money and for your time. if he took something that's worth more than 20$ of yours, you have a case.

JG
heck yeah

HHH=king of kings
I don't think you can

vlad
Rating
first let me ask you, is he really your friend, and last but not least, why did you let him borrow it. yea i would get the cops involved with it,before he sells it, show the cops the receipts. but dont forget he could sell it before your eyes. and hopfuly you then get it back, good luck

swollenchipmunk
it usually won't go to court.. just talk to the police

nicemommy
ok and why cant you go over to the friends house and just get it back? if you have to just bring you and a Pastor to the guys house and the fear of God will make him give it back to you.

Jack
yes you can
and should

wyntrrrrose
Rating
threaten him with calling the police --- have you mentioned police to him yet? hopefully with just the mention he will hand it to you. could he have possibly broke it or someone stole it from him and he has no idea how to tell you?

LIL J
yes u can. but if he dont have it than u need a receipt to prove ownership. than you need to file a police report and if he wont pay up than take it to small claims court. BUT YOU NEED A RECEIPT!!!

mel
Rating
yes if you have the reciept or proof of ownership.

h00ah
Rating
I hope this isn't a serious question. Of course call the police right now & if this is really the case he will be charged.

Court
You can MOST CERTAINLY get the police involved. You may want to call your friend and let him know that you are getting the police involved (only if you think that will provoke him to give it back - but make sure he won't just hide it). Or you can call the police right now. They can tell you how much they can do.

saikoct
Hell yeah.........!! Don't call 911 or something...
But do go to the police station...... Let em no what happend....
I just got my first macbook BLACk...!
I would kick some1s aS S ............

Since you say you have receipts and is register to you.....
I'm sure there won't be any problems.......

Even if they said you have to take him to court....
It can't hurt to try..... After all..
I'm sure you miss your laptop really really really bad...!!

cdm0014
Take him to court.
You should have the word 'friend' in quotation marks.

Matt M
Rating
YES U CAN

Michelle
Just say he stole it.

Tsunami
go to the police and then go to small claims court if they can't do something. get a lawyer and get him for stealing.

Alpha Male
More than likely the police will just refer you to the county attorney since you know who done it and have proof of ownership. Theres no investigation needed, so they may not open a case on it. If anything they would just do you a favor and ask him to return it, but to press charges, just go to the county attorney and file your own.

Irving D
Rating
of course if you have the receipt of the lop top or if you have insurance with your name on it if you have any prove that that lab top is your any legal paper would work also if you have your lab top registared call your lab top's company and get them to give you any legal prove that, that lab top is registared to your name if you have the serial number that would work. But first have the prove before you call the police

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.174
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy