Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

I was arrested for possesion of cocaine, please help, I don't know what to do!?
Here's the facts:
1) I was pulled over for not having front plates, arrested for having a suspended license (not paying a ticket), police office searched my car and found 10 grams of ...

Do you think we should give up our guns in the U.S.?
I'll leave this open for all....

Why do people kill and commit murder?
Its so stupid to kill people. So why do people do it. I watch Court TV and all these crazy people, what are they thinking? I see people kill their wives for life insurance. You know your going to ...

Does this count as harrassment and should i report her?
so my friend amber went out with this guy brian, but she didnt now he was still with is old gf jess, so jess and her friends were bugging and yelling at amber so i told them to back off , most of ...

If guns where outlawed say 10 years ago, do you think that Virginia Tech could still happen?
Or something similiar?...

Do cops have to get tazered?
Iv heard that new cops need to be peper sprayed so they know what it feels like. that way they dont go around macing people all the time.
I was wondering if cops also had to be tazered so that ...

We are placing 6K people along the border with no weapons and no power, does that make them greeters?

Is brandishing a toy gun illegal??
i mean really? it had an orange tip and everything.... yea i got arrested and now i have court but come on, what if it was a little kid, say 9 yrs old who pointed his toy gun at a pedestrian... would ...

What is your opinion on police brutality?
My opinion is this. i'm no fan of police brutality, nor do i like the idea of police state or whatever conspirators are cooking up nowaday. but hey, lets not throw violent words at each other, ...

Neighbor is smoking crack and prostituting in her apartment what can the police do?

Who has the harder job a politician or a cop?

Can they charge you with carrying a concealed weapon if its in your car?
my gun was in the car and unloaded I was 10feet away from the ...

Hi have u ever been to jail ?

OMG Why is it that every time I leave Dunkin Donuts a cop pulls me over?

If i get pulled over by a cop and i have a handgun, where does it have to be in the car?
i want to know if i ever happen to get pulled over by a cop for some kind of traffic violation, and i own a handgun and a gun license. which means i can have a loaded pistol, but i dont know where it ...

Can you be convicted of a crime that happened in the past if you were not officially charged with the crime?

The cop shot 31 times into an unarmed man. How is that not excessive?
The cop empties his clip into an unarmed man. Fine, he didn't know the guy was unarmed. There is NO return fire. He reloads, empties the clip again. No return fire. Reloads again! Empties ...

Why do cops get special privilages?
I am referring to a story that broke yesterday in New Orleans. A cop was shot and killed by a rapist. The district attorney is pursuing the death penalty. After I heard that I did some research. I ...

Whats your opinion on the Sean Bell verdict??
Those of you in the NYC tri state area are familiar with the Sean Bell shooting by police officers. All 3 officers were acquitted of all charges. Police fired 50 shots at the vehicle Bell & ...

Drunk drivers?
do you think the law should be changed,so it makes it illegal to drink any alcohol if driving?
Additional Details
I witnessed an accident at the weekend,the driver was drunk and it'...

Heather Q
I got a warning from the police yesterday, what does this mean?
I am on probation from a previous ticket which ends in July. Last night I got a warning from a cop for not putting my turn signal on. Will this show up on my record?
WHAT WILL IT DO TO MY INSURANCE, if anything.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Ben D
Rating
well, it would not affect your insurance,but it will show on your record

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

AlwayzStayz
Rating
Aww hunny--RELAX it means NOTHING AT ALL>
It will NOT go on your record OR effect your insurance OR probation. A warning is just that--a warning ;)
Some pigs are jerks....sounds like the one who stopped you is hard up for sum paperwork. Do not frett my friend, Im a crimal justice major - NO WORRIES ok.....your just fine :0)

Chris
Rating
no absolutely nothing

ftwizz
Rating
If you do something again in that jurisdiction within a certain period (it should say on the ticket), then YES it'll go on your insurance. What you got was sort of an "official" warning. But it wont affect anything.

Yodasright L
depends on the state? ,,4 words for you,,"what a f u c k e n retard" ,,doesnt depend on s h i t! question for you did he write you a written warning? looks like a ticket?but its not! if he didn't- don't woory be happy! its only if you get several of these,,then when you insurance renews or if you change companies or when they do a random check,,and YES they do that,,my wife works for ALLSTATE insurance , then it shows up on file..remember if the cop issues the warning in writting he also has a copy of this! and its later put in the system,,just like a speeding ticket!!!! hope this helps you out!

LCrew
Rating
If it was a verbal warning, I don't think it matters. But if it was a written warning, I don't think it will show up on the record. But it will easily be a ticket or have your license taken away if you're not careful next time. It will add points to your insurance if you get a ticket.

K W
Well, apparently, you did NOT learn your lesson! No, it will not show up on your record nor will it doing anything to your insurance.

A warning is basically telling you that you were caught, but do NOT do it again or you will be given a ticket.

motoqmotoq
Rating
Well... Did he give you a piece of paper? Did he give you a court date?

In most cases a "warning" means crap. No record of it ever even happening. Just a cop's way of making you think twice next time.

otaliao
did the police officer give you a warning ticket or did he just talk to you?
Im pretty sure that either way nothing will happen. A warning is a warning

SweetSexyThang
It does nothing to your insurance. You just got let off the hook! be happy

Madison C
Was it a written warning? Because I'm pretty sure any kind of warning doesn't do anything to your record, OR your insurance. It's just a warning, which means they are basically just letting you know you have a chance to correct that mistake without a ticket. I got pulled over doing 60mph in a 30mph zone, and I drove away with a verbal warning, and a written warning before for my license plate lights being out, and neither affected my record. :)

GreenBrigade
just forget about it and start using your lights, nothing will come of it unless the same cop pulls you up again

JB_Fan !
It was just a warning, so no.

nicholas_v_soileau
No, It's exactly how it sounds, a warning. Now if that same cop were to pull you over again for this violation then you would get a ticket and it would raise you insurance and show up on your record

BR
Rating
if he didn't write anything down don't worry about it.
nothing will happen :)

Goatmilker
Rating
it will do nothing to your insurance, however if he has taken your details and cautioned you then it might end up in your records and does not mean you are criminal, but it is formality paperwork.

bullet_proof_drunk
Rating
nothing, you are lucky, these warnings are not "official citations" and will never show on your "record". i think it's usually 3 citations before an insurance company will jack your rates.

Caligirl
its a warning not to do it again, dont do it again it means nothing will happen from here if you dont do it again. its not going on your record and its not going to up your insurance ITS A WARNING only!!!

Sarah G
Rating
It doesn't show up on your record or effect your insurance. It just lets other cops know next time you get pulled over for the same thing that you've been warned.

D L
Rating
no. he let u go no harm no foul.
dont get stopped again.

oh please...
Rating
A warning will not hurt your record in any way. Just be thankful he didn't ticket you!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, July 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy