Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Is it true people born after 1993 cant drive till 18 years old?? did they ever pass that law?
please answer!!!...

Teen Rights against harassment by the police?
Is ther someone who can contact me regarding teen rights against harassment by the police? My 14 year old son got off of the bus from school and was walking home when a police officer stopped him ...

Shoplifting?!?!?
Ok so me and my friends go shopping alot. When we are at the store though they steal things. I NEVER EVER HAVE AND NEVER EVER WILL!! I always tell them to stop and that they're gonna get in ...

Why are people so rude to cops on here?
People are so rude to cops and bash them so often on here, why?...

I have a friend who recently got arrested he was charged with 2 counts of possession2 counts delivery and 1 co
I have a friend who recently got arrested he was charged with 2 counts of possession2 counts delivery and 1 co

count to conspire. The drug was cocaine. He has no prior drug charges. and ...

How long can a police officer follow you?
like i was followed for likr 3 miles or more before getting pulled over, i thought there was a law about ...

New booster seat law for childern?
i carry 3 childern on the backseat of my car, does the new law about booster seats apply to the middle seat with a lap belt, as i feel it would cause more damage with a booster seat

I just got a ticket for driving with a suspended license and no insurance .How much will the fine be?
this is in the state of california .san gabriel valley.tommorrow is my court date.I was incarcerated for a year. For something else. During that time period my license was suspended .And i was not ...

What happens to cops who don't write enough driving tickets?
They won't admit to having a quota, it's definitely an unofficial thing. But what really happens to cops who don't measure up? What can happen to them?
Additional Details<...

Maybe asked a hundred times earlier... .?
but why the heck attack Glasgow Airport and for what reason?...

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 3 COPS WHO ASSAULTED A GUY ON CCTV IN WIGAN LAST WEEK?
THE 3 COPS APPROACHED A DRUNKEN MAN, IN WIGAN , WRESTLED HIM TO THE FLOOR, AND ALTHOUGH HE DID NT APPEAR TO OFFER ANY RESISTANCE , ONE COP BEGAN PUNCHING HIM, OBVIOUS ASSAULT CAUGHT ON CCTV...

What is the longest you ever served in prison?

If i have a warrent.....................
For a speeding ticket that happend 2 years ago, I was doing 53 in a 35.how much time would i have to do in the state of Illinois, madison county?...

Mormons Baptized Serial Killer Ted Bundy Recently?
On the anniversary of being finally captured (Feb. 15, 1968) after successfully molesting and murdering his last three serial victims while the young girls slept in their own homes. Could this really ...

Who should be sacked over the failure to protect a 17 month old from its murderer's.?
The social service workers??? Who did nothing after the police and GP told them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/
The 2 doctors.
The consultant ...

What do you think about owning firearms?
Who should own firearms? Should we own them? Look at all the terrible things that happen.(Vtech, Columbine..etc) How do you feel about it?...

What's a good way to mess with a charitable solicitor?
I'm not ungrateful, there's just this one guy I hate.

This guy called, I recognized his voice (that's how often he calls me) and asked to speak to me. I asked, "May I ...

Can I kill someone if they invade my home?
Under the law, if an intruder breaks in to my home, and start ransacking the place, how much force am I actually allowed to use?...

If I have a gun in my home that was my husband's grandfather's and we ever have to use it, what will happen?
We have a gun that was given to us by my husband's grandma right after his grandpa's death. Partly in sentiment, and because we wanted a revolver in the house for protection because there ...

If you got pulled over by the police..?
and you started being nasty and swearing at the police, what would they do to you?
Additional Details
lisbeth, im only asking, im not that kind of person at all, its one of those silly ...

kim bajema
How many years would my brother have to spend in jail?
if he has a 50,000 bond for assaulting someone with a using a saw off gun how many years would they have to spend in jail
Additional Details
michigan...................

Show all answers
Post your answer

Andrea C
He should get LIFE!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

?
Rating
It depends on what country, state, and what local jurisdictions are. if your brother assualted someone with a sawed off shotgun in the state of New York, chances are, he would receive a prison sentence of no less than seven years. If he did such in Wyoming, he would likely get three years, maybe even three years probation. Many sentences are reduced these days, while others are straight and to the point for the crime that was committed. other states, like Pennsylvania, in the city of Philadelphia, a charge like this can get you upwards of a mandatory ten years in a state prison. Each state varies, as well as each crime. The police usually slap on other charges as well, which means a sentence could be extended by a few months.

sftbllr4lf
He needs a good attorney first off all and secondly the weapon of choice was altered (felony) a gun specification carries a mandatory 5 years in many states (check yours). It really doesn't have much bearing that he doesn't have a record, it will be looked at that he has committed crimes before he just hasn't been caught. The violent nature in this case has definitely got him a one way ticket to prison. I wish you luck, but this day and age luck doesn't go far.

WHAT!?
Depends on the type of felony it is
A-B-C-D felony

thresher
What state?

god knows and sees else Yahoo
Was it loaded, did he scare the person, if he did it with a smile and did not curse no problem
I'd say 25 years easy!!

days_o_work
Rating
I was arrested in Michigan for felony assault. No physical contact at all, just threats. I believe w/o a prior record they were talking about 4 years in prison if I was convicted of the felony.
(This was in Novi).

I plea bargained down to misdemeanor aggrivated assault and no prison time, no jail time (other then the night I spent waiting to be arraigned).

The threats I made were not with a gun however, but with a bike tool that I grabbed in the heat of the moment.

larry o
depends, on priors, age, and of coarse sentencing guidlines

Alisha B
Rating
depends on alot of factors:
what state
was it self defense
any priors
did he actually shoot them or just threaten to shoot them
probably at least 5 to ten

killer boot
Rating
not enough.
probably only 25

sarge927
Depends. What state are you in? Does the D.A. have enough evidence to convict your brother beyond a reasonable doubt? Has your brother ever been in jail before? Has he ever been arrested before? Are there mitigating circumstances (for example, was he defending himself or family members)? Has the D.A. offered your brother a deal if he pleads guilty? If your brother's lawyer believes he would be convicted at trial, has he approached the D.A. about a deal?

Lots of variables here. Obviously, if he's not convicted at trial he doesn't go to jail. How long he could spend in jail if convicted depends on your state statutes. Here in Michigan, you can get up to 25 years if you're convicted of assault with a deadly weapon (but that RARELY happens unless we're talking about a repeat offender and aggravating circumstances, like assault during the commission of another crime like robbery or breaking and entering). If your brother gets a deal, that can also affect the sentence, especially if the deal stipulates that he pleads guilty to a lesser charge. Mitigating circumstances play a BIG role in sentencing, so if he had some justification for assaulting someone else in this manner he could get several years shaved off his sentence. Without knowing more specifics it's really hard to say. What I CAN tell you is there is very little chance that your brother would get no jail time whatsoever, but if he gets a good deal and everything else goes his way he may have a very short jail sentence (don't get your hopes up, but there is a very slim chance that he may only get a year depending on the laws of your state, the circumstances of the case, and how crowded your state prisons are).

toepaz7777
It depends on his criminal history! If this is his first run in with the law, he may get 3 to 7 years. If he has been in trouble before he could get 12 years or more

Bathroom Graffiti
Laws vary by state. Depends on whether he is in a commonwealth or not.

I know, I know!!!!
Rating
impossible to say. depends on many factors such as, the state he lives in, the charges against him, his previous criminal record - if any, how nice the judge is that he goes before, etc.

He needs anger management or something. Maybe the judge will give him a bit of a break if he seeks help.

?
Rating
50,000 bond will only require 5,000 to get him out. He will probably be sentanced to 7 - 10 yrs and serve 3 - 5. His crime will be Assault With a Deadly Weapon, either with Intent to Kill or Inflicting Serious Injury, or With Intent to Inflict Serious Injury. I am basing the sentance on Assault w/Intent to inflict serious injury which he should be able to plead to.

mikeysco
Rating
He has to be convicted first.

The amount of his bond has virutally no relationship to the amount of time he might be in jail or prison. Bail is not intended to reflect possible punishment per se, only to guarantee the defendant's appearance in court.

There's also no way anyone can give you a very good answer without knowing the specific charge(s) he is charged with, his past criminal history if any, the circumstances of the crime, and any pre-sentence investigation results that might be conducted.

What you're describing sounds like it's a felony, and felonies are normally punished by state prison. But again, there are too many unknowns to say if he'll be found guilty or what kind of punishment he might get.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy