Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

If you served time in prison, what was your transition out of jail like?
For those of you who served time - What was your release like? Did you eventually get your life together and how did you do it - Were family and friends on the other side when you got out?...

In terms of power regarding law enforcement agencies describe the hierarchy?
Starting with the least powerful to the most powerful...

Ex. FBI, CIA, US Marshall, regular police, ect...

Suppose all the agencies arrive to a crime seen... who runs the show ...

Is it illegal for big rigs to turn on red?
I was stopped at this light and I saw this big rig trying to turn right on red and just taking it's good ol time blocking traffic. Anyway it really Pis$$ed me off do the majority of states have ...

My 17-year-old son is "dating" his 35-year-old sugar daddy. Age-of-consent in Michigan is 16. Can I stop this?

If a cop comes home and catches me inside of it can I defend myself since he left his door open?
I'm 6'5 and 396lbs 2...

My boyfriend is working 65 hours a week, 7 days, without a day off, he has only had 1 day off in 5 months...?
He works from 9:30am-10:30pm 6 days, and 1-9:30pm Sundays. Under the working conditions legislation of the UK, IT STATES THAT THE MAXIMUM HOURS SUPPOSED TO BE WORKED IS 48.What can I do? who can i ...

Traffic ticket in wisconsin and licensed in illinois?
i got a speeding ticket is wisconsin. i live and am licensed in illinois. the place i got the ticket from i way too far away to drive to and talk to anyone. i kept trying to call and got placed on ...

The best way to deal with bullies:A good kicking,or go to the Police?

Court Summons UK for Speeding :-(?
Hi there I know im really stupid for speeding, Ive never been in trouble for anything... untill now....

Basically I got sent a fixed penalty notice for speeding doing a 61 in a 50 i ...

I need help on the outcome of a police check please.?
I have currently gone for a job interview for a CCTV operator, but the problem is I am currently under investigation for an alleged assault, but haven't been charged.

If by any ...

Where can I get a police scanner?
How much does a good one cost? I want to have one so that I can listen to the things they are saying. Can you get them online?...

I didnt mean to put it in my pocket?
ok so heres my story...

im 17 yrs old and me and some friends went to loehmans to try on some prom dresses and look around to see if we want to buy other things also. So my friend happens ...

Someone was arrested for threatening to murder Obama.?
Why was he arrested, if it was done online?

So, I've read many threatening and racist comments like "you damn ******, I will find your IP address and kill you!" Would these ...

On youtube, a girl was dancing and showing her a.r.s.e.?
People were commenting like "I wanna eat your a.r.s.e.hole."
And "you should've been naked".

Would those comments be considered sexual harassment?...

I am in the TSA ready pool, how long does it take to get a start date?

Do fed's(police,FBI,DEA,CIA,... use nextel push to talk phone's?

Can I be a police officer?
I am a 5 foot 3 inch male. 115 pounds. I have lifted weights for years but I cant seem to gain weight. I am pretty built upstairs, I can pass all the physical requiements for departments out there, ...

At 16 years old, is it an offence to carry sealed beer in a carrier bag on the streets?

Can a man go to prison for nonpayment of child support, is it a felony?
i am just wondering because I think whats the point in sending him to prison? that stops all the persons income and theres no way then to collect.
Its as dumb as debters prison. It makes ...

Serious police question...?
I am about to try out for a cadet job.

In the last 2 years I have smoked weed twice, drank underage at least 5 times, gambled illegaly, carried a concealed weapon many times, shoplifted ...

shells (tatismom)
How long does somebody stay in jail if nobody can pay the bond to get them released?
If the person was arrested on Friday the 10th, and went to his first court hearing the following Monday the 13th and was sent back to the jail, how much longer will he have to be there? Will it be until the next court date which could be a couple of months away, or will they let him go sooner?

Show all answers
Post your answer

babyhonbri
Rating
Until the bond is paid. Then there will be a time
period in which all the papers have to be filed
and then the prisoner is released.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Luke T
Rating
intill someone pays them out

Ben V
Until their court date, or if the jail gets too crowded. The court date is more likely.

°º¤ø §T墣ÿz Prêtt¥ßÕÿ ¤º°`ø
It all depends where he is in Jail at and once he is setenced to his last hearing he will have to stay in jail until than unless he gets out for good behavor

rsriram_1999
It is upto the judge based on all the situations, nature of problem, even capacity of city to hold.

scott
In the United States of America-

Until they are released "on their own recognizance", by a Court of proper jurisdiction, or until the completion of a court trial, and then their release would depend upon the verdict of their case, for example; if they are found to be guilty, they may be sentenced to serve a specific amount of time. Or, if they are found to be not guilty they would then be released.

As for the amount of time this process will take; Americans have a Constitutional Right to a Speedy Trial, which is 45 days, unless the defendant waives this Right at his or her Arraignment/Preliminary Hearing, in which case it could be dragged out indefinitely.

Elliott M
till a bond reduction hearing or the adjudication

Nutritionally Fortified
The first hearing is usually when bail is set. If no one comes forward to pay that bail then the person stays in jail until the charges can be heard and possibly until a hearing sentencing.

This can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months depending on the docket and how backed up they are. If you wish to bail them out but don't have the cash you can speak with a bail bond company and put up a percentage of the entire amount.

emt_me911
He will likely be in until his court date, unless he is bailed out. The only exception would be if he were to be released on his own recognizance.

If he receives a jail sentence at his trial, he wil go back to jail from the courthouse. Courts are backed up and sometimes it can take months to get a trial date.

EMT

raviet31
The bond is intended to ensure that they appear for trial. If no one can pay their bond, then they will remain in jail until their trial. Occasionally, they will reduce the bond or issue an OR bond, but in a worse case scenario, they will be in custody until after the trial.

Simple cases may take 3-6 months to be completed, more complex cases can take upwards of 2 years or more i.e. Phil Spector.

The length of time depends on how busy the Court is, how much evidence their is to go through, how busy the attorney's are and other steps like discovery.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy