Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Fixed penalty for not displaying tax disc?
Got a £60 fine for this. I was due to collect a duplicate disc, as I had never received my original after ordering online just over 1 month ago.
Is it worth writing to appeal this? and although ...

Why do the majority of citizens feel threatened by local law enforcement?
Okay, so many cops out here whine about questions such as these and then after they have threratened to do bodily injury to me (and/or anyone whom they percieve to be like me) and finished with name ...

I lost my driver's license. If I get pulled over without it, what will happen to me?
I lost my driver's license. If I get pulled over without it, what will happen to me?

p.s. Nora smells ...

Have you seen what Amnesty International say about the horror of corrupt Portuguese police?
Corruption and violence are endemic in the Portuguese police and prison systems, read what Amnesty International say in this article:

http://web.amnesty.org/l...

Are the Police as useless to day, as they were yesterday, in the light of recent events?
..Wouldn't it be cheaper ,and far more effective, to use public money to employ a private security company.At least we would be able to sack them if they became as useless as this lot of ...

I got pulled over, what do I tell my parents!?
I got pulled over last night because I forgot to turn my lights on. Everythings fine, I din't get a ticket or even a warning. I haven't told my parents yet (because it was too late when I ...

Points on driving licence?
my boyfriend went through a red light and got caught by the camera, does anyone know what would happen if i said i was driving i only have a provisional licence, i want to do this for him as he'...

Will my brother go to jail for shoplifting?
My brother is 17, and lives in houston texas. Yesterday he shoplifted a $120 pair of jeans, and got arrested. We bailed him out, and are wondering can he go to jail for this? This is his first time ...

If a cop gives you a ticket?
and the information is wrong can i fight it in court because the tag and car infomation is not mine?
Additional Details
it was my car not my daddys the information he put on MY ticket ...

Can the police drive your car to the police station after being arrested?
I was arrested on friday night for not immedialy stopping for an unmarked Detroit Police car until I made it up to the gas station 2 blocks up. They seatched my car without permission but I know that ...

Is it true that there are several serial killers working in the London area at the moment?
I heard there are 5 of the wee rascals...is this true?...

Does a Felony = Gauranteed Jail Time?
I just found out that the bounced check crime im being charged with is actually a Class B Felony. Its in the State of New Hampshire... I have never committed a crime before, i have a perfectly clean ...

If I placed some cannabis up a drug squad sniffer dog's butt, would It keep running in circles?

Additional Details
O~ooh Bear! how kinky! ...

Have you been aresested????????????????

Do police departments test for LSD??
When hiring.
Additional Details
In about 6 or 8 years I will be applying to be a police officer....

Hit and run - Old guy lying in the street - no one stops to help - what would you do?
http://www.comcast.net/a
Have we become so jaded and insular that we all couldn't care less - or is it that we are afraid to help - ...

911 problems?
Who do you complain to when you have experienced a problem calling 911? I tried to report a fire last night and got a busy signa for five minutes and then gave up because fire trucks already showed ...

Would you kill?
If you were given a gun and six bullets and immunity from jail, would you kill? And if so who would they be? All six or a couple?
Additional Details
Forget about your morals for a ...

Do police officers have to get the OK from business owners to sit in their parking lot, targeting speeders?

What happens if I don't pay my parking tickets?
If I don't pay the tickets is it true that they will show on your credit report now? If not will they come back to haunt me if I don't ...

Sabin
How can I press charges against a police officer for harassment?

Show all answers
Post your answer

cjlintexas
go to the station and file a complaint. They have to investigate but you best not get to lying about it, because they will hang you for it if you do.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

babydoll2
Go to the Press and tell them what happened. They love that kind of stuff. Also, call your state elected officials. Filing Harrassment charges against a police officer is not something you want to do without some support. Elected officials will tell you they will help or they dont think it is substantiated. The same thing goes for the press. If you can honestly substantiate that you are being harrassed, they will be on your side.

Nick R
I would say your lucky he didn't beat the crap out of you. He must have been in a good mood.... lucky you!

real_truth
and WHY would they be harassing you.. funny i or my friends don't get harassed???

Pobept
make a written complaint to the police department of internal affairs

idontkno
Rating
just like every one Else take warrant out on him

fr_chuck
File a report with the police department, contact the local DA

Bam B
Rating
It is some process. You do have to have proof and witnesses. It seems simple enough, but your witnesses can not be scared to testify if needed. Just to be safe, you should notify your prosecutors office first to let them know you are going to internal affairs to file your complaint. After filing your complaint, ask for a copy of the complaint and make SURE you have a file number on it. Some police stations are tricky they will not put in a file number because they don't add the information into the computer. Once they add the information and the prosecutor's office knows of your complaint it is kind of hard to hide it. After receiving your completed copy, send a copy of that to the prosecutors office as well. If you do not receive any satisfaction from this, contact the FBI. More than likely if this officer did something to you, they have done the same to someone else.
Good luck!!!

tonevault
Take an Ambien, go to sleep, and dream about it.......UNLESS you have SEVERAL witnesses and videotape.

Desperado
Rating
It don't do no good to try.Cops are above the law even if you got it on video that pig and his fellow swine will just come up with some charges against you and harass you even more.Don't make it any harder on yourself,and just let it go.

billy31tn
You better have lots of witnesses or video taped, or you will be laughed at or worse,

Karla A
Your gonna have to have some major proof if you want anything out of it, it wouldn't be worth the time.

jeff a
Rating
You might as well get over it because even if u can prove your case you will just end up losing moeny and remember police officers try to keep the peace, so whats saying you wont need one if future?

pops
There are some bad ones out there,If you have concrete evidence,you need to go for it.If you dont have good evidence,let it go.

Mustang Gal
Go to the police department and file a report. But you had better be the real deal - because alot of departments will sue you in civil court for slander.

guardogg24
Karla is right you have to have proof but if you wish to pursue this start by filing a formal complaint with the officers dept. head and then go to justice court and swear out a warrant....

be advised that if the officer is arrested and the judge finds this to be a false claim the consequences can be extreme

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy