Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER THIS?
HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER THIS IF THEY ASK YOU THIS QUESTION? IF YOU WERE A BORDER PATROL AGENT AND YOU DETAIN 3 ILLEAL IMMIGRANTS FOR JUMPING OVER THE BORDER ILLEGAL. WHILE YOU DETAIN THEM YOU NOTICE THAT...

I really didnt know that i had to produce my documents to the police within 7 days after being stopped as the?
the police didnt tell me that i had to produce them only told me to pay fine within 28 days what wil i now ...

My ex- filed a motion for dna on children but has a bench warrent for back support will the court here he`s mo?

Now that we've FINALLY determined that waterboarding ISN'T torture, can our police departments begin utilizing?
...this method of questioning? What is a good algorithim for determing how many innocent people one can waterboard in the search for a guilty party? Can more innocent people legitimately be ...

Concealed carry, multiple weapons?
I've been looking around and I can't seem to find anything on concealed carry with multiple weapons. I don't really plan on it, but it poked my curiosity. I live in Washington state ...

Did they pass the new 65% law yet?

Age requirements to become a policewoman/state trooper?
I live in NY State. Does anyone know the age requirements to become a policewoman/state trooper? I'm very interested in criminal justice, but I'm afraid I may be too old. Thanks in ...

Where can I find a Penal Code 1381 demand Form?

Additional Details
Prisontalk won't let me access that address. Is there another location where I can view and fill out a 1381 form?...

16-17 year old runaway?
My sister who lives in CO is turning 17 this summer and is wanting to runaway to IN, she recently came out to my mother about being lesbain and my mom is a very religious person and for me i dont ...

Can someone explain what this means?
I looked up my cousins record on the internet and this is what it came up with.....
DRUG CT PROB W/LT INPT TRTMNT; DM CTS 1
She goes to drug court and she's on probation but what does &...

I need to find out how much my speeding ticket is?
I live in Ohio, I got a speeding ticket on Saturday.
I was doing 66 in a 50.
I keep calling the number on the back of the ticket and so far I am not getting anywhere. How can I find ...

In this economy isn't it wise to cut Police forces back to reasonable levels that reflect the community?
In our area the local City Office cut 5 officers last Month. I was surprised to see the Police Chief write a letter to the editor 2 weeks ago. He didn't argue that we are less safe or anything, ...

Should I mitigate or contest my speeding ticket?
I was ticketed for speeding in a school zone although i know i didn't. it was high school no kids were present. i had passed the end of school zone sign before the cop was able to see me.
<...

Where can i find a Patent Leather Boot size 14..?
All the ones i find stop at 13...My agency i work for only lets us wear Thorogoods so i need something close to those..Please help..foot chases in low cuts suck.....

Can the police stop my car because i have not payed a parking ticket?

Are ALL fbi agents police officers?
I dont understand. Please fully explain. Thank you very much!!
Additional Details
i mean do ALL fbi agents carry guns and have badges?...

Break and entering? what can happen?
If two 18 yr olds, and 17 yr old broke into a cottage but nothing was broke during this or stolen. The issue was that some empty beer bottles were left so we are suspected, and they have our prints..<...

Will i be jailed for writing a bad cheque?
i wrote a cheque that didnt hve sufficnet funds.will i be ...

A state police force has set a height requiremtn of 5 feet 10 inches for all officers. Their requirment?
Would it be A) racism and sexism B) scapegoating and ingroup- bias C) sterotyping and prejudice D) Gause's law and realistic conflict ...

Testing on correction officer test.?
yes i took a correction officer test 4 weeks ago, and how can i find out if a past the test besides calling them. is there a way I can find out online on the computer.
Additional Details

Aaron
For misdemeanors, do they automatically fall off after 7 years or do I have to expunge them?
I have an underage drinking in 2001 in wisconsin and a resisting arrest in 2006 in california. If I must expunge them, how long do I have to wait.

Show all answers
Post your answer

capitalgentleman
Rating
Here, summary offences (the equivalent to misdemeanours) are never removed. A record is a record. You can apply for a pardon, but this means an elimination of the charge and everything.

However, rules vary in different places. Just don't get caught doing anything in Canada!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Amy
They don't ever automatically go off your record. No guarantees that will even be expunged. You will have to probably hire an attorney to start that process.

Nightrider
Hello Aaron. You listed two separate charges 5 years apart. Unless Wisconsin has different laws from Ohio, where I live and work, you are not eligible for expungement at this point. That only applies to first time convictions.

The answer to your specific question however, is misdemeanors do not disappear nor do they "fall off" after any amount of time. They will remain on your record forever.

I hope this helps and you can find it useful

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy