Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

What do you think of the Dallas cop who wrote the NFL star a ticket when his MIL was DYING at the hospital?

How Long Do You Go To Jail. . . . ?
Ok So Kristen Stewart Is Probably Going To Jail For Smoking Pot Or Whatever But How Long Is The Jail Sentence For That? And Is She Going To Be Out In Time To Film New Moon? Anyways..... Thanks! L...

Do Police Officers really like donuts? And why??

With all the knife crime on the streets these days I would like to know if it is still legal?
to carry a normal pen knife or the Swiss army type knife that I have had in my pocket for 30 years, to me it is a very useful tool....

Can a sherriff arrest you out of his jurisdiction? In the city?
In a different county and city?...

Where can you find a list of your rights and what the police can and cannot do to u or yr property in UK?
Preferably in laymans terms, not legal ...

What do you think of Paris having to go back to jail?
I do believe she deserved jail time, but she should not have been let out, then hauled back in .To me that's playing games. No one should have to go through that. That would upset anyone. They ...

Call police or child services?
Ohio. Im not sure how fast ethier would respond. My boyfriends brother home is full of crack heads. These is 5 kids, under the age of 10. A few extra adults too. The adults all smoke crack. Im not ...

What is a good defense for a traffic citation?.......?
motorcycle with no ...

My unlicensed friend borrowed my car in a parking lot and got in an accident?
I live in NJ license level is 17 and my friend 14 borrowed my car with my premission in a parking lot and hit a car. He got a load of tickets including leaving the scene of an accident, driving ...

Contesting a parking ticket (handicap)?
Hello, I need help with contesting a parking ticket that I had received approximately 2 weeks ago.

I came home late from work one evening (I always have closing shifts that let out around 1...

Can you get a job as a policeman if a family member has assault charges?

Who shot the deputy. as i shot the sheriff but i did not shoot the deputy.?

I got an email from an U.S. lotto company that i own 1000000 US $ which i played but cant relay on it plz help

Which is more tragic: when a police officer is killed, or when a human is killed?

Is bootcamp Horrible?...?
Do you get bad treatment in bootcamp?...
Or more privacy?...

Has anyone ever successfully appealed a violation notice on here?
I'm batting 0-20 or something like that. Anyone ever been successful?...

Dose george bush belong in jail for ignoring laws that congess passes?

Why do so many women lie about being raped?
Is it because they feel trashy after sex and need to save face? Even if the accusation is false this will always stick with the guy. Women even have this power after marriage with spousal rape laws.<...

UK - was I caught speeding?
Was in a 40 zone, just as I slowed down for a 30 zone (but maybe going almost 39), I saw a camera van, hit the brakes and cruised past, sure I was going less than 30 as I passed, but saw 2 men ...

truth
During police training, do you stay at the police academy until you graduate or do you come home each night?
Is that same for all law enforcement throughout US? How about LA sheriff or LAPD?

Show all answers
Post your answer

leslie S
Depends on your department and the academy you go to. For example some suburbs of Chicago send their recruits to the Chicago or Cook county Academies, those are day time affairs only. Some send to the Illinois State Police Academy, that is a stay away barracks situation.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

charlsyeh
depends on the agency. most in texas do not have to stay mainly due to not having any housing

SGT. D
Rating
You stay the entire time. If you're lucky they may give you a weekend or two off.

melody r
Yes it depends on the department. Some have their own training facilities and others use joint law enforcment training centers.

California Street Cop
Rating
Different everywhere. Mine was a daily thing. It was M-F and we went home every night.

Hard to make it a 24/7 thing when we're getting paid to be there.

majean52
First let me answer john B who seem to be the dumb one here. Cops now a days have to have a criminal justice degree in order to be considered for the position. As for them sitting around catching speeders, remember speeders can cause serious personal injury to people and even death.

To answer your question it depends on the municipality who hires you. For example in Westchester County the cadets go home. In some jurisdictions, or states you might be required to stay at the academy

C
Rating
It is different everywhere. Some police academies are only day time and the people can go home every night. Some police academies (like the one in NH) recruits have to live there and can only go home on the weekends.

dink2925
We went home each night. Don't know if that is standard or not but suspect it is since most governments are always strapped for cash and it would be costly to provide room and board for cadets.

Rating
If you want to know about a specific dept, contact their recruiting division. Most department do NOT require you to stay in residence during training, but some do.

anticrombi4life
NYPD is a daily tour based out of manhatten...and most local police depts are also a daily affair...but most P.D.'s are considered paramilitaristic......State Police agencies are more commonly sleep over places....they are far stricter than normal police dept's and also a lot meaner.....but it is also harder.....i can't guarntee that all locals are daily affairs and all staties are sleep over but it is common to MA, NY, and a couple other north-eastern state

DocoMyster
Rating
For me, I attended class everyday, and was home every evening ... It depends on the jurisdiction ...

Golden Girl
Rating
When I was attending college in California, there was a police academy within the school and cadets arrived early in the morning and went home every evening.

Reston
Rating
Totally depends on the school that runs the academy, in Ca all academies are attached to community colleges. Most have a dorm of some sort but don't require residence. The only one that I know that is mandatory is the CHP.

LAPD was that way but I think it is optional now. Too many good candidates were turning the job down because they needed to help their spouses with child care.

Steven C
Depends on the agency phx pd doesn't make you stay here in AZ but Pinal county makes you. Call and speak to a recruiter they can tell you.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy