Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Why when all the states in the US have the same laws are some states safer them others?
Just wondering....

What are IOP classes, in reference to someone who is on probation?

Can i request to change my allocated probation officer and still be seen at the same building of attendance?
i have a probation officer which i have been allocated to see once aweek ive seen her twice so far ,and im not happy with her conduct ,she askes me thingz which as nothing to do with her ,like ...

What is process when store calls police to catch a shoplifter who got away?
when a shoplifter is seen stealing but gets away and they catch his liccene plates , when they go to police what happens, do police go to question the suspect , put out warrant ?
how long does ...

Why do i have a warrant out for me after the fact of talking to police and being able to walking away?
I was cutting through a police station to go to the store on the other side and got stopped. The cop gave me a verbal warning and let me go. Now for some reason i have a warrant out for me and i dont ...

Will a hotel provide the name of a guest they had?
If I give them the date and room number, can they give me the name of the person who checked into the room? It's kind of important. And it's in CA....

Is it true if you go over 180mph in Japan and police won't catch you????
Can someone tell me if its true that in Japan if you hit over 180mph the police won't bother catching you??? i heard it of FAST AND FURIOUS TOKYO DRIFT and i just want to know if its true.. ...

How come I am an officer and never put a SPIRITIST in jail?
SPIRITISTS ARE THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN KARDECISM, REINCARNATION CREDO...

P/S: In the latest season of "24", the president was captured - do you think that this would ever happen?

Malicious destruction of property?
If a guy damaged the wheel of my bicycle in our apartment block and then i retaliated by doing the same to his bike (which i realise was a stupid thing to do) and then he tells the police. Can i get ...

Can you get a ticket for spitting gum on the floor?
Like after you're done chewing it, alot of people tend to spit in the on ground. So I was wondering if you can get a littering ticket for it,...

My friend is in trouble.?
my friend has a sister and her sister got in trouble with the cops for being in possesion of marijuana she was sent to jail but she lied about who she was and said she was my friend. Suppossedly they ...

How can i find a old murder in my state sc?
When i was 6 years old i witnessed a murder i was young and didnt understand what was really going on also my 3 friends did to.

murder took place in 1994 or 1996 i know the street it ...

Can I join the RCMP with a disability?
I want to join the rcmp, but I am hard of hearing so I must wear a hearing aid. My question is, is it possible to join and go straight to detective work or something a bit less physically demanding? ...

If a prison inmate asks for protective custody, does he/she get it automatically?
Or does that person have to be qualified somehow (i.e. "proof" that their safety is in danger)?

For example, suppose Inmate X is scared of being raped in prison. Can he go to an ...

Cops. What are your theories on leaving magazines fully loaded?
I do not believe springs get fatiqued, and I mean ever. what do you think, you guys keep your stuff loaded constantly, and rarely have to use the weapon. I mean I always want to have 4 fully loaded ...

Do people get raped in the county jail?

If you do a car chase, how big of a fine do you have to pay and how long will your license be suspended?
I'm just curious!...

Various questions on evidence used in investigations?
- Discuss the various types of evidence and how it is collected.
- Discuss how the evidence will be examined
- Discuss the types of information the evidence can provide
- Discuss some ...

Have any serial killers ever been arrested, tried or convicted for targeting LEO's?
I don't mean that they have targeted LEO's exclusively, but as part of their overall pattern.
Additional Details
Ok I figured it out, they are called "target group" ...

christi_baycity
Drunken statements and a court room?
if a person gives a statement as a witness in a felony case while intoxicated is the evidence admissible? Can that person later be called into court to testify or is all this inadmissible?

Show all answers
Post your answer

froghead
Rating
Yes, but it would be an easy witness to discredit for either side.

I have seen drunks put up on the witness stand before and I actually felt a bit sorry for them as their whole life was paraded infront of the court and as the lawyer ripped every mistake they ever made apart.

Laughter: Out of court statements are not considered here-say. They are called testimony or statement. Here-Say is when you are repeating something you hear someone else say. Giving a statement of the incident the way yuo saw it happen is not here-say. and the only exception to the here-say rule that is commonly used is the excited utterance rule which means if you hear someone say something while in a state of excitment like directly after commiting a crime then the here-say can be admitted.

It is not wise to call someone who is a drunk or was drunk at the time to the stand unless you have no other choice

ADDITION: when I say drunks put up on the stand I dont mean while they are drunk I mean people who are a drunk in general or people who were drunk at the time of the incident.

No lawyer would be stupid enough to put someone on the stand while they were drunk, oh wait I take that back it is lawyers we are talking about, I am sure it has happened

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

joe_fleeman
Depends on how drunk the Cop thought the person was when they took the statement down.
Here is the difference between drunk and sober.
Drunk-you are incoherent and babble and make little to no sense and cannot speak an entire sentence most the time.
Sober-You are coherent and cognitive and understand what is being asked and give understandable coherent replies.
If they were able to communicate coherently, it will probably be admissible.

saint_sinister
Rating
No the evidence is not admissible. It is illegal to go into the court room under the influence of drugs and alcohol. If the jailer even thinks your drinking he will give you a breathalyzer. And if they would even want to call you back in would depend upon the nature of the evidence. But being intoxicated in the courtroom ruins your credibility on the stand.

laughter_every_day
In general, out-of-court statements by people, drunk or sober, are not admissible in court under the hearsay rule. The biggest exception is statements made by a person are admissible against himself and there is no rule excluding such statements from drunkards, although the fact that he was drunk can also be presented in order to help assess the reliability of the statements. As to statements in court, any person who is competent to testify can be called as a witness. Again, if they were drunk when they say or heard something that fact can also be admitted to help assess the reliability of the testimony.

JuniorGP
Rating
That person can be charged for Contempt if they are drunk in court, as well as b charged for public intoxication , & there could be other charges dependin on where thy are from......most likely if it was found out after they gave their testimony it would be removed from the record.....

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy