Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Should I join the Marines to toughen up for a career in law enforcement, or does Police Academy teach you?
I'm not a tough guy. I have the body to be but not so much the soul, unless I'm angry lol.

Does Police Academy teach you how to be "tough" on people who resist arrest ...

Are all PD this way, advice?
I been putting in applications to many, many Police depts.. and I turned one in to a big city dept and got a letter back saying "Your application is disqualified for financial management.." ...

Can i join the police force?
I have two flat feet which i have to wear insoles for.Would this affect my chances?
I am otherwise generally fit....

Bounty Hunting & Bob Burton?
Bob Burton was in a show on court tv. People ask him questions & he answered them. Burton said that being a Bounty Hunter is safer than being a police officer or a fireman (Does this mean that it&...

What happened to the evolution of the police car ?
http://upload.wikimedia. Details
Someone please tell me where you put the perp ??? Maybe ...

Can you lift weights in Ohio prisons?

If I was skating in a no trespassing area, police came: my name, address, etc. taken down will I be on record?
like if they see me skating again in no trespassing area and search for me on record will i show up?...

I was caught breaking and enter motor vehicles?
do u think im gonna get probation or a fine or community service but nothing was broken they cars were unlocked and yhey went in. no insults please because it was a mistake.
Additional Details

Can a special investigator have lights in the windshield?

Is a dog peeing in the house a civil or criminal issue and was it worth 3 men's lives?
I'm not blaming the LEO's, but if less law enforcement got involved in these petty "domestic disturbance" calls, less of these paranoid suicidal nuts would do what this fellow ...

Would this ruin my chances in law enforcement?
I'm at that point in my high school education where I have to think VERY hard about what I want to do for the rest of my life, which just so happens to be next year. I've limited my career ...

How much is a ticket for driving on a suspended license?
A while ago I got my license suspended for not going to court for a ticket. I paid the ticket and got the piece of paper to take to the DMV. That next day I had to go out of town so I didn't get ...

Can you get in trouble...?
If you wrote something on your car? Or if you wrote something about cops on your car? Like Fat cops ...

How can i look up Warrants?
Is there somewhere online to look up active warrants? I know i can call or whatever but id rather do it online. if anyone knows a good free place online to look up warrants, please let me know =]...

Fear of family murder and robbery?
Ok, i am 11 now and i've had the fear for 2 years of my father murdering me with one of his guns, followed by the rest of my family. I can't get over this horrible fear. my father is a ...

How do I become an FBI agent?
I am looking at becoming an FBI agent, I just recently signed up for the Army National Guard (NJ) and leave for basic training in a few months. I am currently a senior in high school, and because of ...

Can the U.S. Border patrol keep me out of the U.S?
I'm an American citizen.i was born in the U.S. and i go to Mexico a lot. Can they keep me out of my country. If they can or can't by what law
* i'm only 16 yrs....

How much does an FBI field agent make annually?
I was just wondering, since I was thinking about working for the FBI after I graduate from college.
Additional Details
Come on, I want a serious answer. Most FBI agents are good people....

Is there waiting period when purchasing a gun in alabama?

How many people die a year in eng from gang warfair?

nana
Does being Tazered affect your heart? What happens when someone is tazered?
When someone is being tazered or has been tazered by the police, what happens to that persons body? Does it affect the heart? And are there long term effects from it? What warrants someone being tazered in the first place?
Please only people with knowledge answer. And no cut and paste. I can look on the internet but need people with actual knowledge of it or has been tazered.
Thanks!

Show all answers
Post your answer

UNSC
Commonly called TASERs, electronic control devices (ECDs) are broadly considered a safer alternative to conventional firearms and other means of applying force. While several different models are manufactured, there are two basic designs. The first uses a compressed nitrogen charge to fire two electric probes up to 15 feet (35 feet for law enforcement models) at a speed between135 to 180 feet per second. The probes make contact with either the body or with clothing but remain connected to the device by insulated wire. A high-voltage low-amperage electrical signal is then transmitted through the wires and probes into the subject, resulting in an immediate loss of neuromuscular control. Stun guns, on the other hand, do not shoot probes but are designed for direct contact, generating an electric charge between two exposed electrodes that can be applied to a subject. Some TASER products include both projected probe and direct contact options.ECDs essentially work by disrupting the body's nervous system, which is a natural electronic grid, resulting in neuromuscular incapacitation (NMI). In other words, while "stunned," the brain's electric signals are unable to reach the body's muscles, and therefore the subject is involuntarily incapacitated. At first, the electric charge is felt as pain, but this soon gives way to disconcerting muscle spasms, confusion and an inability to control movement. In most cases, the subject falls to the ground, screams and experiences vertigo. If used appropriately, all effects of a TASER should dissipate in a matter of seconds or minutes. The name of the first company that widely produced advanced ECDs has become synonymous with the product itself. TASER International's proprietary technology is marketed as a nonlethal means of debilitating dangerous subjects while reducing injury risks to both law enforcement officers and their suspects. Founded in 1993, TASER products are in testing or deployment in more than 12,000 law enforcement, military and correctional agencies in the United States and abroad. TASER has distinct products for these separate markets, with stylish pink stun guns for ladies, and the more intimidating black and yellow gun-shaped device for law enforcement use. For law enforcement applications, TASER has also developed an "area denial" system called Shockwave, which is designed to "yield a scalable defense in depth with overlapping fields of fire when target opportunities may be layers deep or risk profiles dictate multiple event possibilities," and can be stacked horizontally or vertically to extend the coverage area.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

gunsandammoatwork
No. It does not affect the heart at all. We hooked up one of our CSO's to an ekg and had a paramedic monitor him. When then Tazed him three separate times. His heart rhythm never changed. We could watch the read-out ourselves.

justaguy23456
Rating
A Tazer delivers a very powerful electric shock that basically temporarily short circuits your nervous system. Your heart is controlled by an electric pulse that causes the heart muscles to contract and pump block. Some people have died from heart failure after being tasered. There are several lawsuits pending right now against the company and against the police departments that have used this device.
By the way, the person with user name UNSC copied that long block of info off a web site while the rest of us are actually writing our answers.

martinchittenden580
It can affect the heart if there is an existing problem with it. It sends a electrical shock to the body which incapacitates muscles and renders the tazee helpless as long as the current is on. The only long term effects would be if you hit your head falling down or something. What warrants a taze is if the person is uncooperative with police. if you cooperate, they won't taze you.

simplydelicious
Rating
Yes it can several people in Las Vegas have died after being tazed.

1 WAS high on drugs though

Acidblonde
Rating
I took an interest in this topic after reading about all the deaths.

People who work for the taser companies insist they are safe, but I'm not so sure. Not when they have killed as many people as they have. When someone is insistent that they are safe it is important to see who they work for and if they have studies, who did the studies and who funded the studies.

If you are interested, this is a list compiled of people who died after being tasered over the last few years (26 in Canada alone). One of the most recent cases I'm aware of was an unarmed 15 year old kid in Michigan.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/tasers/index.html
http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2009/03/family_of_bay_city_teen_killed.html

Sorry, I know you didn't want cut and paste, but you can ignore them if you aren't interested. It's just an issue I find disturbing and I have shared these links with a lot of people because I think it is an issue that deserves more attention.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, April 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy