Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Police officer procedure question?
I got pulled up on by the police and they said I was driving too fast. The weird thing is, at the very very end when he was handing me the ticket he said. Im citing you for a stop sign, do you ...

If asked, must a government agent (police/sheriff/fbi) identify him-or-herself as a law enforcement official?
C...

Cops:reading you your rights?
is it against the law for the cops to not read you your rights when they arrest you?
Additional Details
they already searched the truck and put the people in ...

Should have gotten an ticket?
I hit someone in the back of the head while they werent looking.
he said he saw stars and reported me and i said "i hope it hurt". i now have to got to court. Should i have gotten a ...

Parking outside property?
nuicance neibour playing hell when I park about 12 inches over her property to allow my wife access to our back yard to enable her to get her car in and out my neibour has 6 inch kerb and would be ...

SERIOUS HELP!! Police-attention needed, what should i do?
Ok the other day I came across this guy on youtube who made many many videos admiring school shooters, i emailed him and he explained, he has videos explaining why he loves them and he said he would ...

Why don't we set up a national police force and get rid of all the corrupt cops.It can be run by the military?

Why do cops let there jobs go to there heads?
why do they become cocky and power hungry with really bad IM IN CHARGE AND YOUR NOT attitides>
Additional Details
PLEASE - no ...

When does murder become assassination?

How can a major police force be run by someone who is unstable? are all Chief Police Officers the same?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/
>The BBC has also learnt that Mr Todd suffered from bouts of >depression, and had previously threatened suicide....

Can a cop pull you over because you "looked nervous"?
what rights does a citizen have in this case?
Additional Details
my car has tinted windows "legal where I live" where he wouldn't have even been able to see ...

If a cop asks to search your vehicle, how should you respond?

Additional Details
Wouldn't a refusal raise suspicion?...

How can you find a crooked cop?

Is it justice... or just, what's right?

My little sister was killed over a year ago in a car accident.. Yes, she was 15 & out way past her curfew but that isn't the point. She was with her boyfriend, he was driving... W...

I want to know if there is a warrant out for my arrest?

Is it right to stop and breathalyse motorists in the morning?
recently in the west i think it was there was a drink drive campaign, a string of police officers taken off the beat to stop every sinlge motorist on a certain stretch of road at 8 o'clock in ...

Why don't cops take responsability for their own actions?

Additional Details
i mean you ever relize cops are the only ones saying their nice?...

Will O.J. Simpson write another book while he's in prison? What would be a good title for it?

Would anyone say voluntary coppers are the same as full time police officers?

Why is The Police Taking so Long?
I called about an hour ago about a break-in and entering and they still have not arrived. Is this really protecting and serving? Now I do love the police for there services but taking to long to ...

k4yjo
Do inmates in Prison have regular Computer access?
Someone we know has been sent to prison, i wont go into details. However a man with the same name is contacting my daughter and her friends via Bebo. Is it possible he is doing this from inside Prison?
Additional Details
We know hes in a UK prison, and probably an Open one.

Show all answers
Post your answer

MISSY G
Rating
They've got everything in prison

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

The Wiz
Rating
I sure as hell hope not access to Internet. Can you imagine a murderer or pedophile able to contact their prey while in prison? Sick!
The Internet is becoming more & more dangerous every day.

Rating
Of course NOT.

carswoody
STAND2 is a prisoner.
That is why he berates the police all the time!

jed slade
YES it is,but they should have only restricted access to the outside world.The pc brigade have won lots of concessions for criminals in prison,but think nothing of the victims.But ,HEY!!! This is Britain ,if you are destitute just kick an old lady to death or a bit or profitable mugging,let yourself get caught and its relative warmth ,food and luxury for a while.

Gary L
Rating
There are certain times when a prisoner would be allowed access to a computer (for instance, if he/she were conducting their own defence) however, it would not be Internet enabled and any discs etc would be logged & "searched" for innapropriate materials.
All other contact would be for education purposes, and this would be supervised (computer courses etc).
If you think that your daughter is being contacted by a current prisoner, contact the prison and talk to The Duty Governor, Head of Operations or Security Manager.
They will put checks in place to ensure that any unwanted contact is blocked immediately.
Good luck.

Eraserhead
No. I've been to jail, and there is no computer access. Not here in Cinci anyway. No cable tv either as others think.

JOHN S
Rating
Probably,it"s more like Butlins than prison.My father would turn in his grave if he knew how cushy it is now.He was a pison officer for 20yrs.They now have to knock on cell doors+call prisoners MR/mrs or miss.

savahna5
Rating
Usually if their is a facility allowing prisoners to use computers, they have to earn them or not loose the privilage, and ones I have ran across appeared to be monitored. As in read in the middle or screened. Is it possible someone wants you to believe they are from a prision? I'd report it to the police and allow them to sort it out. There is a big issue out there right now on internet pedifiles.

Miz Choco-la-te'
no I would think not, but who knows I heard they have cable TV. I work everyday can barely afford cable

joan k
I am no friend of STAND2 but I think carswoods remarks about him are not very nice. Yes inmates do have access to computers.

OK carswood being drunk isn't an excuse, but at least you have apologised. Thanx.

i know for a fact that federal prisons have access to computers, its similar to e-mail. but before you can write to someone they have to be put on your "list" and it takes a couple of weeks to process. but i dont know what they do when they process it. i know because i was in federal prison. they just got computers in 2005.

ajpshares
Rating
Hope not. their supposed to be in prison to have their freedom taken away. but who know in this politically correct gone mad world .

The One
Hope they ain't most people in jail would not know how to use a computer and most of them are sickos anyway.

cumfycumfy
Contact the police
Keep all correspondence

Whether or not the person is the offender they may well be committting an offence.

Stop wandering about whether things are physically possible just contact the police.

Is the offender still in jail ?
eg If given 12 month sentence will be out on tag after 3 months

elin j
Rating
Yes, it's possible for access, but I don;t really think regularly, I guess it depends on the type of prison... If it's possible for a prisoner to purchase something on Amazon.com, then I'm pretty sure it's possible for them to go on other sites too...

Check Amazons delievery terms, if you don't believe me..

Karl 09
Rating
If he does have Internet access it would be monitored by the prison and would only be restricted to certain websites for a limited time period.

philandbren@btinternet.com
Rating
Iam able to say yes they do if they want it but it should be supervised .find out where he is and voice your concerns to the prison

D
It could be possible. If your unhappy about this contact and if you know the prison the person is in ring and complain.

Daniel C
Rating
Prisoners may work on computers, but they do not have internet access. No sane administrator would allow this; it violates the security of the institution. All communication in and out of a prison is strictly monitored; mail is opened and read in both directions. You seriously think a prisoner is going to be allowed access to the internet with instant communication???

Whoever this person is contacting your daughter, he is not the one in prison.

finglas9
prisoners can use computers;
(1) To pursue their legal case on appeal. This is rigidly controlled they can do nothing else.
(2) In eduation classes, tis is also rigidly controlled.
They do not have general use nor the use of the internet.
Some prisoners try all mannerof ways to get round the system.
You should write to the Governor of the prison. or to the Director general or Area Manager you can find them on the internet just type in HM Prison Service and go to your area.
If your daughter is under 18 the prisoner must stop contacting her if you deem it. If he is in an open prison he will be transferred backto a closed prison if he has breached any rules so go for it.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.204
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, December 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy